FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Valks

Feral Druid 8.3

43 minutes ago, doofus said:

I have not yet simmed in BfA, but reading through this guide, shouldn't we have 5 combos before Tiger's Fury? Else we cast Tiger's Fury and by the time we have 5 combos for the finisher it has dropped off?

Well, there is a middle ground between 0 and 5cp. If you use it at 2 or 3, it should be no issue to get to 5 in time, even when pooling for Ferocious Bite. At 0 or 1 it might get a bit tight depending on your gear, talent choices and proc luck. What's more important is to not waste energy by using it when you aren't starved.

• Like 1

Guest Exx

I wonder now with the change for feral in 8.1 and this is just speculation or something like that.. But with the new remake on our talent and other stuff and the new aoe finishingmove... Will it be good choose in the furture to have  Gushing Lacerations on the azerite armor with our new aoe talent ?! This is mostly for heavy aoe fight ofc or myth+.

3 hours ago, doofus said:

On an unrelated note. I see from noxxic that feral druids are doing rather badly at the moment (as are my other  favourite classes, eg Fury Warriors, Unholy DKs, even Assassin Rogues).

http://www.noxxic.com/wow/dps-rankings/targets-1-ilvl-340-fight-max/

Noxxic.... *sigh*

Yeah, don't trust them. Noxxic's site is notorious for being horribly outdated and inaccurate. Those are still the same numbers and rankings that they posted at launch, after four or five dozens of class balance hotfixes. They also post nothing but cookiecutter builds without any explanation whatsoever. If you google Noxxic, the first five results will be about how bad the site is. Stay away from Noxxic, seriously. 

That being said: Yes, Feral are not top dps at the moment. In some cases, they are at the bottom of both sims and logs.

That does not mean they are non-viable. It just means that they are not the ideal choice if you play at a bleeding edge level. Unfortunately, our asinine community doesn't believe in facts, so anything that isn't top 5 dps is """literally unplayable""" no matter how miniscule the difference. You might have a hard time when pugging.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jinsu2301 said:

That being said: Yes, Feral are not top dps at the moment. In some cases, they are at the bottom of both sims and logs.

I think that as long as the differences are small I would not worry, but at Noxxic the differences are about 25% between top (Arcane Mage) and bottom (Feral Druid), and at Warcraft logs there are simply no Feral druids.

I am saying this because the author of the Icy Veins guide could have mentioned the short comings of the class design in this expansion.  This is what guides are for. I quote verbatim, "In terms of single target DPS, Feral is powerful and can often shine in these situations." 

"shine" != "bottom of charts" !

14 hours ago, doofus said:

"shine" != "bottom of charts" !

They shine in some situations and are bottom of the charts in others. That's no contradiction, that's just due to different encounters having different requirements. Also, feral's short comings are listed on the very first page of the guide.

14 hours ago, doofus said:

but at Noxxic the differences are about 25% between top (Arcane Mage) and bottom (Feral Druid), and at Warcraft logs there are simply no Feral druids.

Again, Noxxic is not to be trusted, we had a magnitude of balancing since those rankings were made. And nobody plays feral (at least at a decent level in both player ability and difficulty) because it's, like I said, not the top spec therefore """"unplayable"""" and """"broken"""". So the few people who are popping up as feral in any logs are those who aren't in touch with the community, don't read guides, and are probably not very good at the game. And those who are good don't matter because they are too few.

Guest Ruin-Dun Modr

latest changes men. they touched everything to the fweral! So, celerity is still being main, and mastery last?

O shit, just buff us well, and thats all.

Anyways, right now, i easyly manage 8k dps on boss 10k on some other, but im only 352... decided not to live in wow anymore.

cheers, ruin

Guest Guestilicious

Just a 1 button switching macro I made (sorry of Im not the first to make it..)
/cast [outdoors,stance:2,nocombat] [outdoors,stance:0,nocombat] [outdoors,stance:1,nocombat] Travel Form;
/cast [combat,stance:2] Bear Form;
/cast [stance:3][stance:1][stance:0] Cat Form;

so if ur outdoors, not in combat, you will travel.
If ur in combat in cat stance, ull go bear stance. (tank something, incoming hard hit or so..)
If ur travellin, bear or human, go to cat form

Guest Bazil

Just wondering:  Why is  Iron Jaws  omitted from the azerite trait DPS simulations?

1 hour ago, Guest Bazil said:

Just wondering:  Why is  Iron Jaws  omitted from the azerite trait DPS simulations?

It is present on the full chart, it is just so terrible that it is even lower than those listed. You can see it here:

https://bloodmallet.com/index.html#druid_feral?data_view=azerite_traits&type=itemlevel&tier=3

Guest Nym

Any plans to update the guide? On the front page it says under 8.0.1 changes Tigers Fury only gives 50 energy but the tooltip clearly states it also gives 15% more damage.

4 hours ago, Guest Nym said:

Any plans to update the guide? On the front page it says under 8.0.1 changes Tigers Fury only gives 50 energy but the tooltip clearly states it also gives 15% more damage.

The damage buff isn't mentioned under 8.0.1 changes because it hasn't been changed. 

Epic Patron

Here is a suggestion for Section 1.0 of the rotation page, to remind people to not select 2 talents that are on the same row.  What follows is copied from the guide, with suggested additions underlined.

Use the below switches to tailor the rotation around the talents or situations you expect to be using, ensuring that you don’t select two talents from the same row, and it will populate the rotation priority list and opener appropriately:

Sabertooth - Level 15

Lunar Inspiration - Level 15

Brutal Slash – Level 90

Savage Roar – Level 75

Primal Wrath – Level 90

Feral Frenzy – Level 100

Bloodtalons – Level 100

Guest Rivendale

The below is from Icy Veins feral guide. It clearly puts Haste in 3d place and continues to say that “Haste remains the strongest secondary at all times…”. Then why isnt it listed above crit and mastery ? Something Im not getting here ?

1. The Basics of Stats for Feral Druid

The stat priority for Feral Druid is as follows:

1. Critical Strike;
  2. Mastery;
  3. Haste;
  4. Agility;
  5. Versatility.

Haste remains the strongest secondary at all times due to the impact it has on your Bleed tick rates.

With the updates in Patch 8.1, Feral leans heavily into secondary stats over primaries, with a strong focus on Critical Strike due to the Haste rating buff removal. There are no fixed ratios to aim for, however, and generally your stat weights will follow this pattern, unless you strongly neglect something. Ideally, to decide on specific gear, you should generate your own stat weight plot within SimulationCraft, as, due to this, the stats currently present on your gear can drastically alter which is the ideal choice.

Guest Druirika

HI, im practically sure, with 8.1, the 50% bonus haste of equipped items was deleted, not sure.

But im sure it was nerfed to 25% at the beginning of the expa, so if you can check it.

Ty for ur time. 

On 1/15/2019 at 1:23 AM, Guest Rivendale said:

The below is from Icy Veins feral guide. It clearly puts Haste in 3d place and continues to say that “Haste remains the strongest secondary at all times…”. Then why isnt it listed above crit and mastery ? Something Im not getting here ?

The sentence is an error and will be removed soon in an update. The priority is the correct one to follow.

Hi wordup,

I looked into using your macro for regrowth but it is limited to casting on mouseover only. Sometimes, it may be useful to cast without mouseover and cast on yourself. I checked around on other forums and modified yours. Maybe it will help others!

#showtooltip Regrowth
/console autounshift 0
/use [@mouseover,help,nodead][help,nodead][@player] Regrowth
/console autounshift 1
/use 3

Guest Slashey

I find errors both in the feral leveling guide and in the easy mode section and overall everything about Rip.

At no point do you want to use wait for 5 CP to use Rip, especially not while leveling or at level 120. While leveling use whatever CP you have after you applied a stealthed Rake. There is absolutely no mobs while leveling that will be alive for 24 seconds and more CP does not increase Rip damage in BFA. You could use 5 CPs in dungeons while leveling after applying 4 Rakes and 1 Trash for the AOE bleeds and just keeping Rip up on a main target.

At level 120 you will be using the Sabertooth talent in row 1 (or maybe even before, if you prefer it) you can apply rip at 1 CP with Tigers fury and Bloodtalons up and keep the buffed Rip all at all times using Ferocious Bite.

On 1/18/2019 at 7:12 PM, Guest Slashey said:

At level 120 you will be using the Sabertooth talent in row 1 (or maybe even before, if you prefer it) you can apply rip at 1 CP with Tigers fury and Bloodtalons up and keep the buffed Rip all at all times using Ferocious Bite.

I believe the intention was to ensure that newer players have more time to ensure they continue the uptime of Rip, as they are likely to be more wasteful with their energy. In terms of leveling, you are correct I believe and will let Wordup know to change it.

On the enchants section it still says to use Quick Nav for weapon. How can this be if both crit and mastery are better stats?

On 3/3/2019 at 2:53 PM, Zennen said:

On the enchants section it still says to use Quick Nav for weapon. How can this be if both crit and mastery are better stats?

This will be fixed shortly, thanks!

Guest exx

are you really sure about the agility potion being the best in all situations? what about bursting blood for keys ?

Guest Guest

" You should hold on to your Predatory Swiftness IconPredatory Swiftness proc until you have 5 Combo Points. "

This should read 4-5 Combo Points (CP). If you have 4 CP you spend the first Bloodtalons (BT) on Rake/Shred, if 5 CP use finishing move. It's just a minor detail, but I thought it might be worth mentioning as it facilitates not dropping Predatory Swiftness by allowing the use of Regrowth one GCD earlier. This does come with the condition that it might be more beneficial holding off on using Regrowth at 4 CP if Rake is close enough to pandemic that the extra seconds would allow a refresh of that during the pandemic window.