FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Valks

Feral Druid 8.3

Guest Alz

The new clipped version of the azerite trait simulation is less useful than the full list, and the link underneath directs to a trinket simulation chart not azerite traits.

10 hours ago, Guest Alz said:

The new clipped version of the azerite trait simulation is less useful than the full list, and the link underneath directs to a trinket simulation chart not azerite traits.

I've amended that now, just some teething issues with the new chart stacks compared to the sim stacks ?

Guest Raéla

Needs to add Masterful Instincts to the Outer Ring, it's missing.  

2 hours ago, Prophet001 said:

Question about Blood Talons: Should you ever hard cast (shift out of cat form) Regrowth during your rotation to get a Blood Talons buff?

No.  It's fine to precast it to buff your first Rake, but after that you should have Predatory Swiftness ready whenever you reach 5 CP. Even if you get into a situation where you have to apply an unbuffed Rake, it's better to just apply unbuffed, keep going until after your next Combo and then immediatly reapply a buffed Rake.

25 minutes ago, jinsu2301 said:

No.  It's fine to precast it to buff your first Rake, but after that you should have Predatory Swiftness ready whenever you reach 5 CP. Even if you get into a situation where you have to apply an unbuffed Rake, it's better to just apply unbuffed, keep going until after your next Combo and then immediatly reapply a buffed Rake.

Thank you

4 hours ago, Thrall said:

Were there any sims done for Masterful Instincts, or is it just completely worthless to use survival instincts as a dps cd?

The APL doesn't currently support it, which is what bloodmallet pulls the stacks from. That being said, I'd personally strongly discourage using your primary defensive tool for damage, especially for the fairly lackluster gain that it does provide if you do activate it within simc.

Guest Ruin-Dun modr

latest changes men. they touched everything to the fweral! So, celerity is still being main, and mastery last?

O shit, just buff us well, and thats all.

Hi fellow druids,

In the current guide version Jagged Wounds are recommended as a go-to T5 talent in all situations. As an item-level ~940 feral druid I've experienced something different in practice (full run of all Mythic-0 dungeons so far, before the new raid is out). I've also tried to do some simming with AskMrRobot, combining different talents from the T5-T7 rows (with all other conditions staying unchanged), and in all attempts the Incarnation came out being a better talent then Jagged Wounds.

Top results of my simulation are here https://imgur.com/a/D3BDgQV - Jagged wounds comes up for the first time in line #7

Direct link to my simulation - full results.

What do you guys think of this? I mean, theoretically speaking the "Jagged wounds" sounds like the reasonable choice to speed up our bleed damage, but personal experience and simming shows that currently this is a weaker choice.

So with the changes last Friday (losing 50% haste bonus and the energy, rip and beserk buffs), what does this do to our talent and stat priority?  Also, they suggested they'd take the remaining 50% haste bonus away soon too, this also has to have an affect on our build/stats?

With raid opening this week, would love to see an update to this awesome guide asap.  Thanks in advance!

Here is my Inc/SotF/JW and SR/ST comparison chart according to AMR - interesting results (I have pretty crappy haste levels atm) https://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/simulator/report/2fd2cd39c5f74ffa9866a057558146e7

image.thumb.png.ccc0da7255b0e4bc68586f5c9339f8b7.png

Edited by Barecatt

Guest Kalenor

I might just be making this up, but are feral druids able to stealth (prowl) in the middle of combat? 

On 9/3/2018 at 10:10 AM, TrogvarZ said:

Hi fellow druids,

In the current guide version Jagged Wounds are recommended as a go-to T5 talent in all situations. As an item-level ~940 feral druid I've experienced something different in practice (full run of all Mythic-0 dungeons so far, before the new raid is out). I've also tried to do some simming with AskMrRobot, combining different talents from the T5-T7 rows (with all other conditions staying unchanged), and in all attempts the Incarnation came out being a better talent then Jagged Wounds.

Top results of my simulation are here https://imgur.com/a/D3BDgQV - Jagged wounds comes up for the first time in line #7

Direct link to my simulation - full results.

What do you guys think of this? I mean, theoretically speaking the "Jagged wounds" sounds like the reasonable choice to speed up our bleed damage, but personal experience and simming shows that currently this is a weaker choice.

I'm still in the process of looking through the updates to changes, but with regards to AMR I simply cannot comment - I don't use the simulator due to having a much better contact with those that deal with simulationcraft. I'm not sure what the state of AMRs implementation of APL shifts is, so I don't know exactly why it is diverging from the commonly perceived better options

As of right now I'm not seeing that as observable based upon the current APL there with the stock gear - for reference:

718c5da3a6.png

JW is also more flexible in multi-target situations when not using Brutal Slash when rolling multiple Rakes & Rips on different targets - although the APL isn't modeling cleave just yet that I have to hand.

With regards to stats, Haste still remains dominant even with the -25% taken away. Haste was so far ahead that it won't shift any other stat to overtaking it even with that small hit.

Alright, based on the 1st day of Uldir raiding it seems that most of the top-performing cats are using this build:

image.thumb.png.2c5976a3afcc4a3ba5a705eac551dbb4.png

T1: Lunar inspiration

T2: Wild Charge

T3: Balance affinity

T4: Typhoon

T5: Jagged wounds

T6: Sabertooth

T7: Bloodtalon

Not many surprises there for me, except that maybe Lunar Inspiration is so heavily favored over Blood scent. I guess that added moonfire ticks damage still compensates for -10% crit.

Edited by TrogvarZ

Guest Sherekhan

I've a question about the opener. 

If I've taken sabertooth, should my first and second 5 combo points be spent on rip? This means the second one will have the BT buff when refreshed with sabertooth. Or should I only apply rip on the first then just FB to refresh it? 

Cheers 

On 9/6/2018 at 6:52 PM, Guest Karana said:

Is the sim updated for this buff?

Gushing Lacerations’ Rip damage bonus increased by 37.5%.

Bloodmallet stays updated based on latest SimC pushes, so it should be accurate.

14 hours ago, Guest Sherekhan said:

I've a question about the opener. 

If I've taken sabertooth, should my first and second 5 combo points be spent on rip? This means the second one will have the BT buff when refreshed with sabertooth. Or should I only apply rip on the first then just FB to refresh it? 

Cheers  

I'll clarify on that, the opener should get check boxes in it soon to account for different talents that alter it.

On 8/31/2018 at 10:44 AM, wordup said:

The APL doesn't currently support it, which is what bloodmallet pulls the stacks from. That being said, I'd personally strongly discourage using your primary defensive tool for damage, especially for the fairly lackluster gain that it does provide if you do activate it within simc.

Screw that! I just tested with 1 piece at 310. It gave me enough mastery to increase blood damage by 11,5%. Without this buff my bleeds are doing roughly 40% of my damage with current gear(very low). Now I don't know if there's diminishing returns on mastery stacking, I also haven't looked at all the traits ferals get, but damn dog, that shit looks fine! Ez math tells me it's basically a 12% dps increase for 30 seconds.. 2 times!

On the rotation page, you can pick all the talents in the same row and the same time, like: Brutal Slash, Sabertooth and Savage Roar, as well as Blood Talons and Feral Frenzy.

On 9/17/2018 at 9:21 AM, Zennen said:

I just tested with 1 piece at 310. It gave me enough mastery to increase blood damage by 11,5%. Without this buff my bleeds are doing roughly 40% of my damage with current gear(very low). Now I don't know if there's diminishing returns on mastery stacking, I also haven't looked at all the traits ferals get, but damn dog, that shit looks fine! Ez math tells me it's basically a 12% dps increase for 30 seconds.. 2 times!

Well, you might wanna brush up on your "ez math" then. If Bleeds are 40% of your damage and the trait buffs your bleeds by 10%, the best you will get is a 4% increase in damage for one whole minute and then for 30 seconds every 3 minutes. So on a 10 minute fight you get an uptime of 25%, so that's 1% overall, maybe 2-3% if you can time it perfectly with your other CDs.

In comparison, most other traits increase your DPS by 2% flat without having to sacrifice your biggest defensive cooldown. And you want that DefCD, because a dead DPS doesn't do any damage.

22 hours ago, jinsu2301 said:

Well, you might wanna brush up on your "ez math" then. If Bleeds are 40% of your damage and the trait buffs your bleeds by 10%, the best you will get is a 4% increase in damage for one whole minute and then for 30 seconds every 3 minutes. So on a 10 minute fight you get an uptime of 25%, so that's 1% overall, maybe 2-3% if you can time it perfectly with your other CDs.

In comparison, most other traits increase your DPS by 2% flat without having to sacrifice your biggest defensive cooldown. And you want that DefCD, because a dead DPS doesn't do any damage.

I obviously meant with 3 times said trait. 4 x 3 = 12.

It's not a trait to be looking for when it comes to raiding, not only because of the lackluster increase, but also as Wordup said, you should not use a defensive ability for DPS increase.

I was hoping the phrasing of my post would make it clear I wasn't entirely serious, so I apologize for the confusion. I do however think it's a decent trait for dungeons where I often use survival instinct on boss fights and afterwards get a decent damage increase.

I have not yet simmed in BfA, but reading through this guide, shouldn't we have 5 combos before Tiger's Fury? Else we cast Tiger's Fury and by the time we have 5 combos for the finisher it has dropped off?