FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Valks

Restoration Druid 8.3

Guest Rulem

Torty,

Any chance you will add a DPS overview for resto in the M+ section?  Specifically, talent selection (feral vs balance affinity), quick rotation overview, and azerite trait selection to increase damage output?  I am rather new to resto and, when attempting to do damage, I'm finding feral dps to be extremely low and I typically do more damage staying in resto and keeping dots up and spamming solar wrath.   I am clearly doing something wrong.  

I have been working on a more indepth dps guide. It should be up before M+ release, hopefully by the end of the weekend. 

• Like 1

Guest Herbalist

Came back to this guide because I remember a few weeks ago it claimed balance affinity was capable of out damaging feral affinity, and I was gonna argue about it with the author.   I show up and see he has not only already made the correction but has also added an awesome guide to dpsing with feral affinity!  Awesome job Torty thanks for the hard work.

Guest Nagash

Torty. The Champions of Azeroth rep chest piece has Fungal Essence or Champion of Azeroth in the outer tier. Fungal you rate as a C, but Champion of Azeroth isn't listed. Thoughts?

On 9/20/2018 at 3:29 AM, Guest Nagash said:

Torty. The Champions of Azeroth rep chest piece has Fungal Essence or Champion of Azeroth in the outer tier. Fungal you rate as a C, but Champion of Azeroth isn't listed. Thoughts?

It should be in the picture now. It's significantly better than Fungal Essence. 

Hey, question on dpsing as resto spec.  From a pure dps standpoint, which potion is strongest? The new bursting blood potion or an int potion? Or does it depend on the fight?

7 hours ago, Herbalist said:

Hey, question on dpsing as resto spec.  From a pure dps standpoint, which potion is strongest? The new bursting blood potion or an int potion? Or does it depend on the fight?

You can sim those in raidbots. Int potion will be stronger.

Guest Herbalist

Might want to update the section about viability in the current patch!  Resto druid is the most played healer in mythic+ and in the us/oceana every top 25 run of mythic+ is either a resto druid or a disc priest! so id say we're just ass sought after as ever, if not more!

goood time to be a resto druid! =D 

https://raider.io/mythic-plus/season-bfa-1/all/us/leaderboards-strict#role=healer:mode=unique:minMythicLevel=2:maxMythicLevel=99

Guest Jaikthedruid

There is a minor mistake on the Azerite page. The Passive "Savior" Azerite power currently shows to proc on targets below 50% health. The comments on the page state it is a bad choice because it only procs below 35% health. Was this changed to proc at 50% or am I missing something?

image.thumb.png.78986c3dc648a3a9c130a9ed691bafe4.png

Guest sao

fail^^
plz look the Azerit-Part of GuardianDruid... y u dont make middel and inner ring for restro?

Guest mayurih

Hi! I just got this trinket rolling for balance in mythic Vigilant's BloodshaperVigilant's Bloodshaper .

The question is, i still have  Darkmoon Deck: TidesDarkmoon Deck: Tides and i was wondering if changing the Darkmoon Deck for the Vigilant's Bloodshaper it's worth just for the intellect. (in mythic taloc the darkmoon deck health for 55k during a fight of 7.5 mins).

What do you think?

Thank you!

2 hours ago, Rudy199 said:

What about Cenarion Ward+Stonebark+Germination for tank healing?

The cooldown reduction isn't significant enough to make a huge difference (kinda depends on the flow of your group), and the extra healing and additional Harmony stack from Spring Blossoms (which in M+ likely has 100% uptime) rivals the 20% buff from Stonebark (which is a moderate cooldown and only affects your HoTs).

Not saying that Stonebark isn't viable, just that it wouldn't be my standard choice. I'd only pick it if my tank absolutely needs it. Like the guide says, it's not a bad talent, just very niche. 

Guest Lifebinder

Had an urgent question to be answered with the new updates to "Ephemeral Recovery" it says it procs at 20% mana but everywhere i look it doesn't answer this question, does the mana you get back stack with multiple traits? i could possibly have 2 400ilvl pieces with this trait but don't particularly have anything else worthwhile getting, but i dont want to waste a trait! Help please!

On 2/5/2019 at 7:37 PM, Guest Lifebinder said:

Had an urgent question to be answered with the new updates to "Ephemeral Recovery" it says it procs at 20% mana but everywhere i look it doesn't answer this question, does the mana you get back stack with multiple traits? i could possibly have 2 400ilvl pieces with this trait but don't particularly have anything else worthwhile getting, but i dont want to waste a trait! Help please!

It does stack, yes.

Guest Carl

If you had to choose between Trolls, Taurens and Highmountain Taurens, what would you say is the best for a Resto Druid on the Horde side? :3

15 hours ago, Saithas said:

Azerite traits page says up to date for 8.2, but doesn't contain new azerite traits for 8.2.

A fix should be coming soon for the page, sorry about that!

Guest Svartalf

Hi:

A couple notes on the Resto trinkets page:

1) the link to Deferred Sentence links to the boss ability in Queen's Court, instead of the trinket

2) Azshara's font of power isn't in the list of trinkets for M+;  is that intentional or did it get left out accidentally ?