FORUMS
Valks

Beast Mastery Hunter 8.3

Update: auto growl works now after some switching between pets, but Dash does not ?

First growl started to work only on tenacity and cunning, no ferocity. Now it suddenly works on all 3. but Dash does not work on any.

Glad to see Survival has a new BIS legendary for MT and a respectable choice for ST after the simulation rankings were updated. Thanks for taking care of that Blainie!

Guest Shadowjade
4 hours ago, Marson said:

Update: auto growl works now after some switching between pets, but Dash does not ?

First growl started to work only on tenacity and cunning, no ferocity. Now it suddenly works on all 3. but Dash does not work on any.

Are you wearing the Claw ring legendary by any chance? Mine keeps removing buttons from the pet action bar.

I don't know what the "Frenzy" buff is, when I hover over it in your description the pop-up shows the description of Barbed Shot. I've looked for a Frenzy buff on my pet but can't see one, I don't see how I can tell when it's about to expire if I can't see it.

Edited by Clin

Best in slot legendary items aren't BM legendaries at all anymore?

Zevrim's as best in slot for single target?  And for AoE, the two BiS aren't BM specific either?   Celerity of the Windrunners and Unseen Predator's cloak?   Is this correct?

Also I am flat out irritated by everything right now.  Tried running a 22 Neltharion's earlier, pet glitched and glitched and glitched some more, same in a 20 Maw.  I couldn't even set it quickly to passive and then back, I had to dismiss and resummon several times.

Everything feels wrong.  I know part of this is due to a learning curve, but the pet thing?

Does anyone have new weak auras?   I need one for barbed shot.

*grumble, crankypants hunter*

7 hours ago, Kyarrix said:

Best in slot legendary items aren't BM legendaries at all anymore?

Zevrim's as best in slot for single target?  And for AoE, the two BiS aren't BM specific either?   Celerity of the Windrunners and Unseen Predator's cloak?   Is this correct?

Also I am flat out irritated by everything right now.  Tried running a 22 Neltharion's earlier, pet glitched and glitched and glitched some more, same in a 20 Maw.  I couldn't even set it quickly to passive and then back, I had to dismiss and resummon several times.

Everything feels wrong.  I know part of this is due to a learning curve, but the pet thing?

Does anyone have new weak auras?   I need one for barbed shot.

*grumble, crankypants hunter*

That's correct, Zevrim's just gives flat damage (it is essentially a cross-spec Legendary), same with Celerity (3% Haste) and Unseen (3% damage done like Zevrim).

I intend to add some useful WeakAura packs to the guides soon with permission from their creators.

If you have the Apex Predator's Claw on, the Command Pet button doesn't work. Therefore you don't have access to the special abilities i.e. Primal Rage, Survival of the Fittest, and Master's Call. This Bug has been sent in to Blizzard in game. I don't know if this is intended or an oversight of the single button application to different commands. 

Guest None

You have the gem to put in every socket the Delicate Ornate Ruby at +10 agility.  The one im seeing being sold by the vendor in SW is only +6 agility.  Is this some sort of error or was it changed?  Im just trying to figure out if we should still use it over the secondary stat gem since its only +6 instead of +10?

On 7/16/2018 at 11:16 PM, Grishnak said:

Pretty crappy of Blizzard to get me all excited about being able to keep that second pet, then laughing in my face about it by putting it on a row with the stolen spell Dire Beast which they know most of us will take instead, thereby ruining the second pet concept entirely.

Thanks Bliz.

I've actually noticed that during Beta Animal Companion wasn't all that great, but now that the updates gone live Animal Companion and One with the Pack work insanely well together actually out dpsing  Dire Beast with Chimera shot . On beta Animal Companion was working like it did in legion where the 2nd pet took forever to run and do damage but now on live it's jumping in and attacking at the same time as your summoned pet does (as long as your pet doesn't have a stealth ability which currently breaks the companion for some reason), and its doing it's attacks just like Hati did minus the special abilities given by ferocity/tenacity/cunning it's even getting the haste boost from Barbed Shot in combat.  One With The Beast gives you a 40% chance to refresh Barbed shot and from what I've been experiencing I have my haste stacks maxed out during all encounters 90% of the time. After I figured out the new soloing mechanics I've been shit stomping a path through all of the mythic dungeons with very little issue. (Demo lock is stil 100x scarier though good god they're powerful now)

Guest A concerned hunter

Do you think it possible to add Misdirection at the beginning of the rotations?   Otherwise, you know people being smart like they are...

Guest Rhost

How is killer instinct ever even close to comparable to the 2nd pet ? isn't having a 2nd pet who also does kill command when your main pet does far superior in every way ?. doesn't it add up to be 100% more kill command damage at all times, as well as the extra auto attack damage ? i don't get how 50% more dmg when below 35% is ever better than 100% more damage all the time...

Guest Vollkan
8 hours ago, Guest Rhost said:

How is killer instinct ever even close to comparable to the 2nd pet ? isn't having a 2nd pet who also does kill command when your main pet does far superior in every way ?. doesn't it add up to be 100% more kill command damage at all times, as well as the extra auto attack damage ? i don't get how 50% more dmg when below 35% is ever better than 100% more damage all the time...

Dude. You are sooooo right. It doesnt make any sense whatsoever. Even if the second pet from Animal Companion wasn't using Kill Command and was just auto-attacking, while testing with the dummies, Animal Companion should still output more dps than Killler Instinct since the dummies never get to 35% health. My guess is they saw how much more damage it was doing during testing and just passively nerfed it and moved on without considering the consequences.

Guest Vollkan

Or are the dummies regarded as having 0 health? Coz thats the only thing that explains why Killer Instinct outdpses Animal Companion right from the start of the attack. Else, the tooltip for Animal Companion should read: "Summon an extra pet to distract your main pet just for the fun of it".

16 hours ago, Guest None said:

You have the gem to put in every socket the Delicate Ornate Ruby at +10 agility.  The one im seeing being sold by the vendor in SW is only +6 agility.  Is this some sort of error or was it changed?  Im just trying to figure out if we should still use it over the secondary stat gem since its only +6 instead of +10?

It was hotfixed - it was part of a wide-spread misfire by Blizzard where they basically didn't nerf old consumables/enchants/etc. properly. This led to them giving stats that were far higher than current options gave. 

We're back to the normal gems now.

11 hours ago, Guest Rhost said:

I mean, it's a straight 2% drop for me in sims to use Animal Companion compared to KI. Even if we ignore sims or say they are wrong currently, you still have to deal with double pet AI - pet AI is completely awful currently and I really don't think it's worth the trouble.

Hi !

First of all, thanks Azortharion and all the people here, but specially Azortharion for all the great work here... Just a minor caveat about the guide, in the Multiple Target Rotation you talk about " When fighting 2-4 targets, you should keep up Beast Cleave IconBeast Cleave by casting Multi-Shot IconMulti-Shot roughly once every 4 seconds"... But Multi-Shot is for markmanship, isn't it?

Keep up with this as much as you can, it's great help for people like me with not a lot of idea in combat situations.

Thanks !

7 hours ago, Blainie said:

I mean, it's a straight 2% drop for me in sims to use Animal Companion compared to KI. Even if we ignore sims or say they are wrong currently, you still have to deal with double pet AI - pet AI is completely awful currently and I really don't think it's worth the trouble.

Is the AI issue you're mentioning the whole pets swapping targets lag time yes? If so blizzard made it so that Kill Command makes your pets pounce a 20 yards to their targets and the sims don't have the ability to calculate the new pouncing ability of Kill Command so when I ran my sims vs when I was actually in-game my numbers were different when I started using Kill Command as my target swapping ability to get my pets onto the new targets faster.

Ouchhh, I looked at least for five minutes telling me... Could not be, should be here. No way.... Now I have just seen it after 10 seconds... OK, thanks a lot Azortharion !!!! ?

I was skeptical about these talents and legendaries also, but I ran the sims on my 230 huntard and it directly matches what this guide says. every talent/gear combo proved subpar to killer instinct, chimera, crows, stomp and aspect with apex and zevrim. dire beast is only 40 dps behind killer instinct so its totally usable if you like having for an extra button. cheers.

Important Note: Because the in-game "auto-cast" system for Hunter pets is very slow, it is recommended to put these 3 lines into macros for all your spells.

• /cast Claw(Basic Attack)
  • /cast Bite(Basic Attack)
  • /cast Smack(Basic Attack)

Does this mean i make a macro of every shot i make? And even if thats the case, I can´t use more than 1 /cast-line in the macro in-game, so whats the solution for that?

Regards Faerni

Ok, so you mean if i write:

/cast Bestial Wrath
/cast Kill Command
/cast Claw(Basic Attack)
/cast Bite(Basic Attack)

…..pet will still claw and bite but Kill Command just wont go off?