FORUMS
Valks

Beast Mastery Hunter 8.3

On 9/6/2018 at 5:26 AM, Guest Luxabella said:

Azor, opinion on stacking 3 Primal Instincts azerite trait vs 2 and 1 Thunderous?

Completely depends how it sims for you. These things are a matter of objective measurement (as far as sims can get in that regard), not opinion.

On 9/5/2018 at 10:32 PM, Guest carloscgc said:

Hi!

Azerite Traits like Stronger Together or "Stand As OneStand As One where in the DPS rank would be? At least i don't understand when it says PVP what of each one means.

Thank you in advance!

Collective/Stand is "Stand as One". Stronger Together is not currently in the chart and it is not clear exactly where it would fall if it was, as it is not implemented in tools yet.

11 hours ago, Asmaidos said:

Azor, do you assume any changes yet the 5% nerf is incoming?

Utility stays still strong, but in terms of damage BM will fall behind SV?

The choice of BM/SV will be mostly a ranged/melee one. SV has more damage potential in more situations but so far the prevailing evidence is that it doesn't capitalize on its potential as well as BM, leading to BM being about 3-4% ahead.

Interestingly, the nerf is also about 3-4%, meaning there will be almost nothing DPS-wise between the specs, at least going by current data.

Guest Donko

Can I ask why you run ( least armory is showing) 2 “haze of rage” over all the others.  I can only find data on primal or thunder leading when stacked. I do primal thunder thunder. But I do have the same items for haze Combo as you have  (used on zul) but not sure if it’s right. 

Thanks for everything

Why are Doom's Wake and Lion's Guile trinkets simming/ranked differently when they are the exact same trinket?  The only difference is that one drops off of the horde world boss and the other drops from the alliance world boss. 

They sim the same, but sims have an error margin to them, a small dps range in which your result can vary. That's the tiny difference you're seeing, not statistically significant. 

Guest ghdss

does RAID BOT sim azerite trait Archive of the titans and secondary bonus ( Reorigination Array) inside of Uldir or outside? I dont know if this secondary bonus is included in resoult?

It does not sim the Reorigination Array, you can calculate its value by multiplying the amount of Secondary Stat by the Stat Weight of your highest Secondary.

So current Reorigination Array is 150 stats. For me, my highest secondary is Haste. My Haste stat weight is like 1.6, so 1.6*150 = 240 DPS.

Guest Keisersoze

Hello,does https://www.raidbots.com/simbot  take care of our azerite traits when simuling?,because for exemple,for me,i have a lots of secondary stats proc on my trinkets and on my azerite traits(most of them are haste) and because raidbot says haste>crit for a very little difference,so maybe with all my haste procs crit would be>haste,thank you

Guest alpoxwolf

in regards to section 1.1. Keeping Track of Frenzy, I would like to make a comment/shoutout promoting what I feel is an underused, yet very helpful addon called Adi Button Auras. It adds a small number right on the action button of the spell you cast, letting you easily keep track of how much time you have left on dots, or cooldowns, or things like Frenzy.

Despite the popularity and versatility of WeakAuras, Adi is plug and play with no set up required at all, which I like. I used an addon called Inline Aura back in Wrath to track my spriest's DoTs, and have been using it ever since, switching to adi when inline aura stopped updating. 

I would be elated if this got added into the section, but I understand that it is probably a much less popular alternative, and might not qualify for a mention, and that is also fine. I figured I should at least give mention to it so someone might find it useful. ?

Guest Keiser

Azorth,considering the secondary stats buffs eatch week in uldir,and how close haste and crits are,isn't it better to keep enchanting and gemming crit?haste will fall off pretty quick in weight and simbot actually already tells me that crit>hâte

Crit falls off quickly as well, Haste is more generally useful than Crit. All stats have a (non-static) point where they fall below others. Haste is also much better for multi-target, and even though I split the stat priorities up into single-target and multi-target, I think most would agree that if 2 stats are almost equally valuable, you are better off stacking the one that is ALSO good for multi-target.

Guest Keiser

Thanks for your anwser Azorth,maybe my case is specific...i managed to get 370 global i lvl,but with lots of haste items(1300 without uldir buff) and few crit(670).

Raidbot stat weights says : 1.55 for haste and 1.72 for crit,that's why i was wondering if i should swap my enchant/gems for crits,since the haste would loose even more value inside uldir with the passiv.What's your final thought?

Guest Chetu

My main from vanilla has always been a hunter and this is probably the first time where I am having trouble understanding the rotation. More specifically -- the barbed shot. So what exactly stacks three times, and how, because there are only 2 charges on barbed shot? And it definitely seems like the rotation revolves around barbed shot. So, are we suppose to spam barbed shot twice immediately, or once and wait until it almost expires and then shoot it again? Then, does it come kill command, and if we need more focus hit chimera shot so we don't burn out of focus? I would really appreciate some further advice, thank you!

Heya, for the background details you are wondering about, I recommend checking out the Spell Summary.
bc0e3e8409.png

Barbed Shot has a cooldown and Frenzy has a duration. If you cast Barbed Shot twice in a row you're gonna refresh Frenzy when there's plenty of seconds left, so you're gonna lose it. You cast Barbed Shot just enough to refresh Frenzy at the very last moment whenever possible.

Guest Manel

Even if they don't have the same damages?i mean guns have just basical single dmgs when bow has damages between X and Y,so this might change things no?and if not should we just prio stats and i lvl?

An other thing: The uldir secondary stats buffs is dynamique...meaning if we have stats procs that buff something like mastery(primal instinct for exemple...or lots of others things) ,and we get more of this stat proc than our current haste,the uldir buff will also buff this other stat and minor our haste during that,so,should we avoid some azerite/trinkets to avoid that?

Thanks!

Guest Milksteak

Does the recent buff to the Pack Alpha trait make the Animal Companion talent viable?  If so, how many Pack Alpha traits would you need to make Animal Companion better than the Killer Instinct talent?

I have updated the chart already. You only need 1 Pack Alpha trait to make AC better, but having only one is pretty terrible. The trait is only really good if you have more than 1. And ideally 3.

Guest Jigslice

Thanks so much for your guide. 

There used to be a potion that was cheaper and an alternative to the battle potion of agility. Do you recall the name of it? Or was I dreaming it? I just cant justify potion of agility with the cost right now. Flasks are already expensive.