FORUMS
Valks

Beast Mastery Hunter 8.3

The damage increases, but like you said the time doesn't. This makes stacking it pretty mediocre, a lot of the value comes from that +1s.

The opposite is true for Primal Instincts where the +1 charge doesn't stack, but it doesn't really matter because the value of the trait is 80% from the Mastery buff which does stack.

Guest Tox

So i looked at a lot of logs about how much damage A Murder of Crows deal, and it usually comes out to be around 5-6% of our total damage. If that is the realistic case, wouldn't Thrill of the Hunt logically be the correct talent all in all?

So let us put up a hypocritical situation, where we say that Frenzy is up on 3 stacks around 70-80% of the time (which seems to be my case when I'm using this talent because you end up with more Wild Call procs, which in total gives you more uptime on your Frenzy. This should (considering 1% crit gives about 1% extra damage) make it so that it will in total give you MORE damage, alongside having more globals and more focus to use other abilities, like more Cobra shots, which in total gives you more Kill Commands. Furthermore, it's an easier talent to use in total, as it gives you a bonus for simply playing the part of the spec that is already the most vital. What are your thoughts about this?

Guest kittybleu

I haven't played BM since it was reworked in Legion (I still don't like it but the BfA version is slightly better) but I've been trying it out on target dummies since MM falls so far behind on fights with adds....

Is it normal to have some downtime in the rotation? I'm trying to follow the guide here but it seems like sometimes there's just no button I can hit. (My single target DPS is 3K lower on the dummy than I can do as MM and I can't figure out if I'm just doing it wrong)

Hi @Azortharion

[it's me again]

I have a question in a simulation craft (raidbots) matter, Whenever I sim myself I get the result that mine darkmoon deck fathoms (355) is worst than construct overcharger (385 ,no-socket). I just don't get it. I've tried that trinket on couple of mythic raids and I can say that my dps is mich worse than with fathoms. Is possible? Does raidbot sim trinkets correctly? Thanks

On 11/24/2018 at 4:40 AM, Guest kittybleu said:

I haven't played BM since it was reworked in Legion (I still don't like it but the BfA version is slightly better) but I've been trying it out on target dummies since MM falls so far behind on fights with adds....

Is it normal to have some downtime in the rotation? I'm trying to follow the guide here but it seems like sometimes there's just no button I can hit. (My single target DPS is 3K lower on the dummy than I can do as MM and I can't figure out if I'm just doing it wrong)

Beast Mastery will have anywhere from 5-20% downtime in your average right. This is part of the spec and you are not "meant" to always be casting something like with Marksmanship for example.

On 11/29/2018 at 7:14 PM, Link said:

Hi @Azortharion

[it's me again]

I have a question in a simulation craft (raidbots) matter, Whenever I sim myself I get the result that mine darkmoon deck fathoms (355) is worst than construct overcharger (385 ,no-socket). I just don't get it. I've tried that trinket on couple of mythic raids and I can say that my dps is mich worse than with fathoms. Is possible? Does raidbot sim trinkets correctly? Thanks

Anecdotal evidence from a few Mythic Raids is simply not enough to make a judgment call on what deals more damage, and you will never be able to actually notice the difference between 2 trinkets that are as close as these two.

@Azortharion Thanks a lot ? last thing cuz of 8.1 Dire Consequences Azerite Trait - must have now or not rly? What is your general opinion on New Dire Consequences Azerite Trait?

Thanks

Edited by Link

Guest Tusse

Why is haste foot better than Agi food?

You haven't mentioned Borallys Blood sausage (85 Agi)
Instead you are advicing to use Swamp Fish'n'Chips (70 Haste)

16 hours ago, Guest Tusse said:

Why is haste foot better than Agi food?

You haven't mentioned Borallys Blood sausage (85 Agi)
Instead you are advicing to use Swamp Fish'n'Chips (70 Haste)

Heya, I've updated the guide to recommend the Agility food now, I missed this update when 8.1 came out, apologies!

Guest aceperson

so i was wondering. under the suggested enchants and gems, it says you should use gale-force striking for multi-target. the only reason i can think of is maybe the attack speed carries over to our pet. is there a real reason why we wouldn't use the haste enchant other than "because it sims better"?

"Because it sims better" is the reason for almost everything in the guide that is predicated on sim results, including the enchant (which affects pet attack speed as you mention). It also affects your frequency of Wild Call procs (due to more frequent auto-attacks from yourself).

Hi @Azortharion

Having in mind Primal Instincts Opener Sequence for Beast Mastery Hunter where would You put Doom's Wake trinket in that opener? Is it better to align it with Aspect so you get major cd with trinket or is it better to just pop the trinket with prepot on pull? I'm asking from a raider pov. Maybe You have some thoughts on that? Thanks and GL in season2 ?

1 hour ago, Azortharion said:

You can just stack it with Primal Instincts by macroing it in.

Whoa fast response luvya' MAN! ^_^

Hi @Azortharion,

What do you think about Incendiary ammo in this tier? I'm seeing a serious decrease in it's overall damage (2% dmg from 4-5% at Uldir), but at sims it's still superior.

Thanks in advance and thanks for all your work ?

On 2/1/2019 at 1:38 PM, Cipaj said:

Hi @Azortharion,

What do you think about Incendiary ammo in this tier? I'm seeing a serious decrease in it's overall damage (2% dmg from 4-5% at Uldir), but at sims it's still superior.

Thanks in advance and thanks for all your work ?

It'll depend on your own gear, etc.

The correct answer is basically just to sim yourself and see if it performs best for you.

Guest Elbe

Do the simulations on the azerite page include engineering traits? I remember that on the 340 pieces they were actually pretty good.. do they (all) scale that badly? Simming it myself has yielded kind of weird results (according to those sims they arent that bad).

Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, Guest Elbe said:

Do the simulations on the azerite page include engineering traits? I remember that on the 340 pieces they were actually pretty good.. do they (all) scale that badly? Simming it myself has yielded kind of weird results (according to those sims they arent that bad).

Thanks in advance.

The page defaults to the "stacking" page of Bloodmallet, meaning a ranking of power depending on the number of that you have. If you go to the source page, select "Itemlevel" and you'll see the engineering traits ranked. They aren't ranked on the stacking page because it's impossible to have more than 1 of them. Hope this helps!

Guest Elbe
On 3/21/2019 at 11:27 AM, Blainie said:

The page defaults to the "stacking" page of Bloodmallet, meaning a ranking of power depending on the number of that you have. If you go to the source page, select "Itemlevel" and you'll see the engineering traits ranked. They aren't ranked on the stacking page because it's impossible to have more than 1 of them. Hope this helps!

Yes, thanks, that helped alot. Actually hadnt checked the source page. =)

On 3/22/2019 at 1:08 PM, Guest Elbe said:

Yes, thanks, that helped alot. Actually hadnt checked the source page. ?

No problem! It's just a part of the base code and it can sadly only display one part of it without getting super cluttered.