FORUMS
Valks

Beast Mastery Hunter 8.3

The Azerite perk pack alpha, you list is twice Pack Alpha (AC) & (DB), 

What does this mean?

i think i worked it out. animal companion vs dire beast?

Edited by Duluxdoggy
More info

Guest Meilanos Thrall EU

So i got Emblem of The Zandalari (the haste buff wq trinket) 340, First Mates Spyglass 330 and i dont know what i should use my other trinket is Fathoms 

On 8/24/2018 at 6:08 AM, Duluxdoggy said:

The Azerite perk pack alpha, you list is twice Pack Alpha (AC) & (DB), 

What does this mean?

i think i worked it out. animal companion vs dire beast?

You got it! 

On 8/24/2018 at 12:39 PM, born2slip said:

What about Rapid ReloadRapid Reload trait? Why you not add it in 3 targets simlist? 

Should be in the next update. 

On 8/24/2018 at 6:47 PM, Guest Meilanos Thrall EU said:

So i got Emblem of The Zandalari (the haste buff wq trinket) 340, First Mates Spyglass 330 and i dont know what i should use my other trinket is Fathoms 

There will be wq trinket sims in the next update but you should really learn to simulate your own trinkets so you don't rely on rough guidelines. There's a video guide on it in the simulations page! 

9 hours ago, aceperson said:

so i noticed that incendiary ammunition is reccomended for our enchant. any reason why this is better than the crit scope?

It simply does more damage, there's no deep science to it really. 

Hi Azor,

As always a perfect guide thank you. I have one qeustion to the opening sequence:

At the point where I cast Chimera Shot I am focus caping. Does this only happen to me, or do you just priorize putting chimera on cooldown above not wasting focus regeneration during this special situation?

best regards and again thanks for your great work!!!

Edited by Asmaidos

5 minutes ago, Asmaidos said:

Hi Azor,

As always a perfect guide thank you. I have one qeustion to the opening sequence:

At the point where I cast Chimera Shot I am focus caping. Does this only happen to me, or do you just priorize putting chimera on cooldown above not wasting focus regeneration during this special situation?

best regards and again thanks for your great work!!!

Focus capping is inevitable in the opener. There is almost no way you can avoid it short of casting Cobra Shot before it, but that's just never worth it.

Thanks!

Guest Scrandom

Does Spirit Walk work on kill command if you open with it? Is it worth having spirit walk on?

On 8/27/2018 at 9:11 PM, Guest Scrandom said:

Does Spirit Walk work on kill command if you open with it? Is it worth having spirit walk on?

It does, but you need to make sure it is the first move used. It can also only be cast at the start of the fight. Don't use auto-cast on Spirit Walk.

recently i haven't been able to get stat weights from simcraft. i found a resource called raidbots that apparently uses simcraft as the basis and can get me new stat weights. the one problem i'm having is that it is telling me haste and crit are even on value and vers is only 0.05 points behind while mastery is lagging back 0.15 points. 

this may just be a case of individual stat weights being different cause of my gear but is raidbot a trustworthy source?

RaidBots is the only  trustable source, really.

Yes, it is based on SimCraft, so by that logic, SimCraft is trustable too, but RaidBots actually offers you a more updated version of SimCraft, than downloading SimCraft manually does.

The stat weights are fine, out of the ordinary but if the sim was conducted correctly then the result it spits out is trustworthy.

i used the simcraft addon to get my armor and stats from in game and i transfered that to the box in the stat weight setting. unless there is more to it, i don't think i did anything wrong.

On 8/27/2018 at 4:24 PM, Azortharion said:

Focus capping is inevitable in the opener. There is almost no way you can avoid it short of casting Cobra Shot before it, but that's just never worth it.

Thanks!

Thanks, just saw that you changed the position of Barbed Shot.

May I also ask how you  start into a 3-5 Mob Group in a dungeon? Barbed Shot -> Beast Cleave ->Bestial Wrath and then Mutli Target Priority with earlier refreshing of Frenzy to gain stacks quicker?

Edited by Asmaidos

55 minutes ago, Asmaidos said:

Thanks, just saw that you changed the position of Barbed Shot.

May I also ask how you  start into a 3-5 Mob Group in a dungeon? Barbed Shot -> Beast Cleave ->Bestial Wrath and then Mutli Target Priority with earlier refreshing of Frenzy to gain stacks quicker?

Ideally you'd precast the BW for most packs.

Other than that, send your pet in using KC or Barbed (Barbed has the downside of your Stomp perhaps missing if your pet is far away, from a pure DPS perspective it should be superior), then Multi, then cooldowns, then Multi again and proceed filling in other abilities.

Guest Gyo

How would you sim yourself for mythic+ as you can no longer switch your gear? A weighted mix of 1 boss 2min for boss fights and 3-4 boss 20sec for trash mobs?

3 hours ago, Azortharion said:

Ideally you'd precast the BW for most packs.

Other than that, send your pet in using KC or Barbed (Barbed has the downside of your Stomp perhaps missing if your pet is far away, from a pure DPS perspective it should be superior), then Multi, then cooldowns, then Multi again and proceed filling in other abilities.

Thx for the quick answer!! 

Guest Aardpeer

I have a question about Barbed Shot : do you try and stay at 3 buffs or would you smooth out the rotation by keeping only 2, so that the next 2-buff phase will be closer to the previous than the next 3-buff phase can be to a 3-buff rotation ?

My theorycrafting suggests that, over a 144s fight, my pet is on average at+38.8% atk speed using the 3-buff rotation, and +29.4% atk speed using the 2-buff rotation.

However, in the 3-buff rotation, downtimes are 13s long for a 36s-long rotation (36.1%) and in the 2-buff rotation, downtimes are 8.5s long for a 24s-long rotation (35.4%)

Another thing : my theorycrafting suggests that, over a 144s fight, if you take chimaera shot, it's a net gain of 600DPS (rounded for 9000AP), but if you take One with the Pack you gain 2.4 Barbed Shot (for a total of 4.8 Barbed shot gained over a 144s fight) which means you can prolong 2 90% buff by 2*7.5s, then impacting heavily the average +atkspeed of the pet, from 38.8% to 76.3%. I have a hard time quick-simulating the pet's DPS but for the sake of simplicity, let's say they do half the total DPS, and their melee attacks represents 10% of the total under normal conditions, that means for a 10k dps player, pet's melee represents 500DPS. Thus the atkspeed gain provides less DPS than ChimShot. So, in any case, ChimShot is the superior talent, even if it means dropping more often the frenzy buff.

Do you concur with my analysis ?

When you do the math on a napkin, there are a whole lot of things that you will not be taking into account. One with the Pack loses out to Chimaera Shot because the additional Frenzy uptime will not beat out the damage + focus regen of Chimaera Shot. 

Guest Luxabella

Azor, opinion on stacking 3 Primal Instincts azerite trait vs 2 and 1 Thunderous?