FORUMS
Valks

Beast Mastery Hunter 8.3

Guest wizrdtamer

i cant find my answer so i thought i would poke around in here. so when i'm spamming buttons and i hit Aspect of the Turtle and i hit it again it automatically cancels it. i have a macro to cancel it but i'm not hitting that i have even deleted my cancel aura macro just in case. any ideas?

18 hours ago, Guest wizrdtamer said:

i cant find my answer so i thought i would poke around in here. so when i'm spamming buttons and i hit Aspect of the Turtle and i hit it again it automatically cancels it. i have a macro to cancel it but i'm not hitting that i have even deleted my cancel aura macro just in case. any ideas?

The game treats Aspect as an aura, meaning double clicking it will automatically cancel it. 

23 hours ago, Guest sjfyt said:

is it worth to stack 2 rapid reload for m+ or 1 is enought?

From Azor:

You will only benefit from the first one when it comes to the cooldown reduction on Aspect of the Wild. With that said, especially with Reaping and Fortified Keys, Rapid Reload is a pretty decent AoE trait. 1 is "mandatory", but having more than 1 isn't bad - even if it is not the absolute best.

Hope this helps!

Guest Umbreon-Dragonmaw

Hi, I know I should sim myself (I have not added any mods since coming back for the end of legion/start of BFA, I'm bad), BUT! I want to know if anyone has looked into the Lurker trinket and whether or not it is worth using with Overwhelming Power trait, since the intermittent damage from that trinket would knock your stacks off.

On 5/10/2019 at 5:33 PM, Guest Umbreon-Dragonmaw said:

Hi, I know I should sim myself (I have not added any mods since coming back for the end of legion/start of BFA, I'm bad), BUT! I want to know if anyone has looked into the Lurker trinket and whether or not it is worth using with Overwhelming Power trait, since the intermittent damage from that trinket would knock your stacks off.

From Azor:

It does not have a decision-altering impact and lurker is still up there as one of the best trinkets.

Hope this helps!

don't know if you or some friends are looking into this trinket but i did some recording and math on the red punch card "subroutine: optimization". the numbers from my character were the following:

crit: 1,439 29.99%
haste: 1,225 18.01%
vers: 585 3.44%
mastery: 607 31.22%

vers+mastery: 1192

crit buff: 2459 44.15%
haste buff: 1639 19.44%
buffed stat total: 1020+414=1434

crit percentage: 71.13%

haste percentage: 28.87%
possible some crit is being taken and put into haste but being covered up

390 ilvl pearl diver's compass (1,125 mastery on use) with trinket
using the mastery trinket AFTER the proc doesn't redirect the mastery from the compass but DOES convert the stats if the trinket is used before the proc.

also, the stat conversion will remain in effect even if you lose the mastery buff before the conversion buff is over.
total stats being converted: 2,317
crit: 3,134
haste: 2,089
total stat increase: 1695+864=2559
crit percentage: 66.24%
haste percentage: 33.76%
appears the higher the stat amount converted, the more even the stats are distributed.

Edited by aceperson

figured this trinket is a tad hard to get and  i got it rather early. just wanted to give back for all your work.

edit: also, in case some missed it, this red punch card converts stats based on the stats your yellow punch card has so you can control what two stats you get.

edit 2: after playing with this trinket in the world, i can confirm that it will take stats from both of the selected stats and redistribute it. so if i get a blightbourne infusion proc, all that crit will get striped and reassigned to haste and crit as that is what my yellow card has for stats. great for boosting my haste when i have high crit (and also prolonging the benefits of the stat boosts) but not as good if you want to try and stack only one stat.

Edited by aceperson

Guest Tayy143

So, the "Death of Dance" Build needs high crit ratings. 

What IS high crit for you? 25% 30% 40% or even higher? If this is even possible at the moment? ?

I've tried this build out (with 30% crit and more with procs) and just did not really get more procs of Barbed Shot than before (Chimaera Shot) ?

Maybe a few, but it wasn't really overwhelming! Maybe... before i just was lucky with my procs? xD

When it sims higher for you on Raidbots, that's when you swap over. For some people this is 30%, for others it's 35% or even higher. That's why we always say to sim yourself! 

Guest Mernil

I'm running the dance of death build with the perk in all 3 of my azurite gear slots.
With that the tipping point seemed to be roughly around 28% crit. I do have a lot of stuff that procs extra crit, so my average crit over the duration of a fight is higher.

The idea is that you are able to keep 3 stacks of barbed shot on for a larger portion of the fight (up to 80% sometimes) and of course have more bestial wraths going since you have more cd reduction.

Azortharion, do you have any idea when the essences sims will be up? I'm really looking forward to seeing if blood of the enemy rank 2 is good for my build. ?

3 hours ago, Guest Mernil said:

I'm running the dance of death build with the perk in all 3 of my azurite gear slots.
With that the tipping point seemed to be roughly around 28% crit. I do have a lot of stuff that procs extra crit, so my average crit over the duration of a fight is higher.

The idea is that you are able to keep 3 stacks of barbed shot on for a larger portion of the fight (up to 80% sometimes) and of course have more bestial wraths going since you have more cd reduction.

Azortharion, do you have any idea when the essences sims will be up? I'm really looking forward to seeing if blood of the enemy rank 2 is good for my build. ?

I am not sure I will be putting up Essence sims after all. I have put up a general ranking and that is something you could use, but really if you wanna know for sure then you should sim it for yourself. You can sim all combinations of all Essences by forcing your neck level to 55 in your /simc output, and then replacing your "azerite_essences_available" line with the following (depending on the ranks you wanna compare).

Rank1:

#azerite_essences_available=4:1/5:1/6:1:/12:1/14:1/15:1/22:1/23:1/27:1/28:1/32:1

Rank2:

#azerite_essences_available=4:2/5:2/6:2:/12:2/14:2/15:2/22:2/23:2/27:2/28:2/32:2

Rank3:

#azerite_essences_available=4:3/5:3/6:3:/12:3/14:3/15:3/22:3/23:3/27:3/28:3/32:3

Guest Trak

hello, could you make a guide or post about the use of Ashvane's Razor Coral jewelry. Many hunters like me do not know how to use it. thank you for his guides at the top.

Need Advice on how to Out-dps a Rogue in Mythics. I am consistently getting out damaged by Rogues 10 item levels lower than me. Is it just because Rogue do higher AoE damage or I am doing something wrong??
Also Why Critical Strike and Versatility are listed higher Priority stats than Mastery - when Master is listed as the highest Priority Stat for BM hunter in every single Simulator out there. Explain...

8 hours ago, Veles said:

Need Advice on how to Out-dps a Rogue in Mythics. I am consistently getting out damaged by Rogues 10 item levels lower than me. Is it just because Rogue do higher AoE damage or I am doing something wrong??
Also Why Critical Strike and Versatility are listed higher Priority stats than Mastery - when Master is listed as the highest Priority Stat for BM hunter in every single Simulator out there. Explain...

a general sim isn't particularly good when it comes to your specific character. for example my character.

https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/report/wnzEGvepKvBN9qoMPnv4Ez

I ran a sim on my character and it says crit>haste>vers> mastery. from what I understand, azortharion reccomends what he does because it just sims higher. though it's best to sim your own character.

https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/stats

here is a sim site that uses simcraft. there is an addon you can get called simulationcraft that all you have to do is type /simc and it will get sim details ready. you just copy paste what it brings up into the box in link above and you should be able to get your stat priority list.

Ok, this is bugging me a bit.

Reading the current rotation guide, it looks like if I have Primal Instincts, Aspect of the Wild is available, and Barbed Shot is available (either one or two charges), I should use the Aspect and waste the Primal Instincts proc.  Is that correct?

It sure feels like I should blow through all the charges on Barbed Shot, then use Aspect of the Wild, to get full use of the bonus charge of Barbed Shot from Primal Instincts.  This is how the opener works.

Also, if I've got all that and also lined up Bestial Wrath, should it go first or last?  If it goes first, I get 24 seconds of cooldown reduction from the two Barbed Shots.  If it goes last, it overlaps better with Aspect of the Wild.

After a careful reading, a couple more questions to clear up some ambiguous points:

If Bestial Wrath is up and Frenzy is down, is Barbed Shot priority 1 or 6?  You have this situation listed twice.

If there are two (or nearly two) charges on Barbed Shot and Frenzy is up, but not about to expire, is that priority 1, 6, or 10?

On 7/20/2019 at 11:29 AM, Azortharion said:

I'll add it in the coming week. ^^

Hello Master  , 

Dunno if  u noticed the little change Blizzmom gonna do in 8.2.5 so kinda next month or so , lowering the 40% dmg on Animal Companion Talent to 35% . 

Do You think that that talent will be viable again now , and considering that the second pet benefit from Kill Command too , this will up some azerite trait that relies on buffing Kill Command ? 

Ty in anticipation !

On 9/3/2019 at 7:32 AM, Kathucka said:

Ok, this is bugging me a bit.

Reading the current rotation guide, it looks like if I have Primal Instincts, Aspect of the Wild is available, and Barbed Shot is available (either one or two charges), I should use the Aspect and waste the Primal Instincts proc.  Is that correct?

It sure feels like I should blow through all the charges on Barbed Shot, then use Aspect of the Wild, to get full use of the bonus charge of Barbed Shot from Primal Instincts.  This is how the opener works.

Also, if I've got all that and also lined up Bestial Wrath, should it go first or last?  If it goes first, I get 24 seconds of cooldown reduction from the two Barbed Shots.  If it goes last, it overlaps better with Aspect of the Wild.

The intention is to dump all Barbed charges before casting Aspect. This is covered in the Detailed Cooldown Usage section:
8974d90a8b.png

You never want to Barbed before Bestial Wrath as it would waste the cooldown reduction. So you'd Bestial>Dump Barbed>Aspect, taking the small hit in Aspect overlap. Hope this helps and apologies for taking a while to get to it.

On 9/4/2019 at 3:10 AM, Kathucka said:

After a careful reading, a couple more questions to clear up some ambiguous points:

If Bestial Wrath is up and Frenzy is down, is Barbed Shot priority 1 or 6?  You have this situation listed twice.

If there are two (or nearly two) charges on Barbed Shot and Frenzy is up, but not about to expire, is that priority 1, 6, or 10?

Bestial Wrath always takes precedent over Barbed, as the cooldown reduction is extremely valuable.

The answer to the second part depends on stuff like Dance of Death status (1 if it's down), whether Kill Command is available imminently or not. Priority systems have their limits in conveying these subtleties, that is why I try to offer more "rules and guidelines" below the rotation.

On 9/20/2019 at 1:53 PM, KratosSM said:

Hello Master  , 

Dunno if  u noticed the little change Blizzmom gonna do in 8.2.5 so kinda next month or so , lowering the 40% dmg on Animal Companion Talent to 35% . 

Do You think that that talent will be viable again now , and considering that the second pet benefit from Kill Command too , this will up some azerite trait that relies on buffing Kill Command ? 

Ty in anticipation !

Hey, I updated the guide today to address this change. It's decent now but the Animal Companion AI is pretty bad and will lose you DPS from time to time, and the pet can also die as it is squishy.

Even when using this and Killer Cobra, however, KC-buffing traits like Dire Consequences do not become BiS. But they're a lot better than before.

• Thanks 1