FORUMS
Valks

Marksmanship Hunter 8.3

Guest Vlad

Hello there Azortharion I would like to know your opinion on MM game play wise I mean do you like the spec or not?do you think that MM will be under tune compared to BM (I hope not) and one more thing you do not mention nothing about steady shot on spell sumary section on basics abilities, thank for this guide 

9 hours ago, Guest Vlad said:

Hello there Azortharion I would like to know your opinion on MM game play wise I mean do you like the spec or not?do you think that MM will be under tune compared to BM (I hope not) and one more thing you do not mention nothing about steady shot on spell sumary section on basics abilities, thank for this guide 

I've let Azor know about SS being missing, thanks!

As for the spec tuning, there's going to be changes coming constantly over the next few months that will probably throw every spec around enough that it'll be pretty different from now. Also, the pre-patch is always really odd in terms of balance.

The guide mentions Usage of Murder in the 2.1 For Raiding section.

In the Marksmanship Hunter DPS Rotation, Cooldowns, and Abilities (BfA 8.0.1) - 1. Important Abilities, Procs and The General Rotation of Marksmanship Hunter section it does not go over this and how to use it in your rotation.

The opener does show it in the lineup, but again, it's not discussed in the explanation section.

On 7/22/2018 at 2:01 PM, Semantyx said:

The guide mentions Usage of Murder in the 2.1 For Raiding section.

In the Marksmanship Hunter DPS Rotation, Cooldowns, and Abilities (BfA 8.0.1) - 1. Important Abilities, Procs and The General Rotation of Marksmanship Hunter section it does not go over this and how to use it in your rotation.

The opener does show it in the lineup, but again, it's not discussed in the explanation section.

From the guide:

A Murder of Crows should be cast on cooldown. You can get even more damage out of it by casting it on targets that are about 10 seconds from dying. When they die, this will reset the cooldown of the ability and allow you to use it again for a large damage boost.

Hope this helps.

On 7/24/2018 at 6:13 PM, theAnton said:

Any chance we can get an updated Pawn string? I'm still using the old one you made for Legion.

Static Pawn strings are in a pretty bad place at the moment, mainly because stat priorities change constantly. I would recommend looking over Azor's guides on how to use RaidBots since it's pretty easy now and gives much, much better results.

https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/marksmanship-hunter-pve-dps-simulations

15 hours ago, Guest kittybleu said:

is serpent sting worth using on a 2 target fight?

No - I assume you are asking for Felhounds, you should use Master Marksman or Murder.

Guest Tute

Awesome guide, but i'd just like to add that on my MS hunter, Barrage is showing as costing 30 focus rather than 60. I'm not sure which of these you factored in, or if it makes any difference, but I just thought i'd point it out.

Guest kittybleu
On 7/25/2018 at 1:32 PM, Blainie said:

No - I assume you are asking for Felhounds, you should use Master Marksman or Murder.

wishful thinking ?  I was so happy to see it come back but I have played around with it and it does really mess up timings for aimed charges and precise shots stacks (I have a fair amount of haste and my aimed shot is about a 2 sec cast if I remember with a 9.8 sec recharge)

It's weird to still be stuck having to do single target damage on 2 target scenario.  If I understood correctly multi should never be used on 2 targets.

Is passive focus regen affected by haste? And is it different by spec? Might be nice to add the rate of regen to the general info page ?

(tried BM the other day and focus regen seemed off the chart compared to MM)

On 7/28/2018 at 8:37 PM, Guest kittybleu said:

wishful thinking ?  I was so happy to see it come back but I have played around with it and it does really mess up timings for aimed charges and precise shots stacks (I have a fair amount of haste and my aimed shot is about a 2 sec cast if I remember with a 9.8 sec recharge)

It's weird to still be stuck having to do single target damage on 2 target scenario.  If I understood correctly multi should never be used on 2 targets.

Is passive focus regen affected by haste? And is it different by spec? Might be nice to add the rate of regen to the general info page ?

(tried BM the other day and focus regen seemed off the chart compared to MM)

Passive regen is affected by Haste and it is different per spec. I'll think about a nice spot to put the passive regen in the guide. 

Azortharion,how do you think, when it's best and more rationally to use trueshot?

Edited by Bekas

The "Cooldown Usage" section of the Marksmanship Rotation page goes over how to use Trueshot optimally:
3ba2838bd7.png

I think that should answer anything you may be wondering!

• Like 1

In your assessment of "Consumables For MM Hunter you write "If you can afford it, you should also use augment runes (which work in both raids and Mythic+ dungeons).  Defiled Augment RuneDefiled Augment Rune is the cheap rune with a one-time use. Lightforged Augment RuneLightforged Augment Rune costs 40,000 Gold and requires exalted reputation with the Army of the Light faction."

I Also have Oralius' Whispering CrystalOralius' Whispering Crystal which  at 24 for Strength, Intellect, Agility and Stamina, is better than the 40k Lightforged Augment RuneLightforged Augment Rune,

However both can be used at the same time (at present)

That is until they notice the oddity and nerf the Crystal, which is easily obtainable from Oralius' Adventure

Solo

Edited by Solo
additional info

Oralius' Whispering Crystal counts as a flask, not an augment rune. An Agility flask gives 59 Agility. Oralius' only provides 24, making it a significantly worse option.

So i was looking at the Gems, Enchants, and Consumables that were set up for the MM hunter. My thought was that the "Nightborne Delicacy Platter" was good but the old Pandaren "Sea Mist Rice Noodles"is better.  The Nightborne add +17 Mastery but the noodles add +18 agility. Yes you can use bacon with the Nightborne but the noodles mate are easy er to farm and cheaper to buy of AH. This is Dudley true if character is a pandaren were the bonus jumps to +36 agility Vs +34 master. So i guess my question is is it better to be able to use bacon and newer recipes  or to use the one that target the base stats like agility, intellect, Strength, and stamina.

18 hours ago, tazzera0700 said:

So i guess my question is is it better to be able to use bacon and newer recipes  or to use the one that target the base stats like agility, intellect, Strength, and stamina.

Depends entirely on your character and stat weights. You'll need to sim it to check for yourself.

Guest Ralgoth

3. Azerite Traits Rotation Changes and Details for Marksmanship Hunter and 5.1. Single Target sections each have Beast Mastery content.

Guest mrpavlikov

I'm confused, guide says 

• It is not worth casting Rapid Fire Icon Rapid Fire unless Lethal Shots Icon Lethal Shots is active. The exception is if you are not using the Lethal Shots talent at all.

But when I check both Lethal Shots and Focused Fire it says I should use Rapid Fire on cooldown. So is it not worth or on cd?

I am still working through some teething issues with the new checklist format, it's a bit complicated behind the scenes but what you mentioned should already be fixed.

Guest mrpavlikov

Thanks for answer, but nothing has changed. With both Lethal Shots and Focused Fire checked I see Rapid Fire on cd:

1. Cast Aimed Shot Icon Aimed Shot when it is about to reach 2 charges. You never want to cap on charges.
  2. Cast Arcane Shot Icon Arcane Shot to spend your Precise Shots Icon Precise Shots stacks, if you have them.
  3. Cast Rapid Fire Icon Rapid Fire on cooldown.

I guess this is correct and list based on checklist is not, am I right?

• It is not worth casting Rapid Fire Icon Rapid Fire unless Lethal Shots Icon Lethal Shots is active. The exception is if you are not using the Lethal Shots talent at all.

1. Cast Aimed Shot Icon Aimed Shot when Lethal Shots Icon Lethal Shots is active.
  2. Cast Rapid Fire Icon Rapid Fire to spend Lethal Shots Icon Lethal Shots procs only.

I'm confused by this. You're saying to use Aimed Shot and Rapid Fire when Lethal Shots is active. So, if Aimed Shot AND Rapid Fire are ready to go and I get a Lethal Shots proc, which takes priority. Mind you, this is with Lethal Shots and A Murder of Crows talented.

1. Cast Aimed Shot Icon Aimed Shot when you have more than 70 Focus.
  2. Cast Steady Shot Icon Steady Shot to generate Focus, and to generate Lethal Shots Icon Lethal Shots procs (even if you are Focus capped).

This seems to contradict itself by saying to use Aimed Shot when you have more than 70 focus and not to use Aimed Shot when you have over 70 focus until you get a Lethal Shots proc. On one hand you say to use Aimed Shot at 70 focus. On the other hand you say to spam Steady Shot even if you're focus capped until you get a Lethal Shots proc, and then ( I assume) use Aimed shot. 

So do we only use Aimed Shot when we have a Lethal Shots proc? Also, is the only time we use Rapid Fire (besides aoe) when we get a Lethal Shots proc and we have no Aimed Shots? Thanks.