FORUMS
Valks

Survival Hunter 8.3

9 hours ago, Guest Serôtex said:

I'm looking for a Pawn String for the Hunter Survival.

Heya, you need to generate your own using RaidBots to get something relevant to your character. Get the SimulationCraft addon, do /simc ingame, copy-paste the output and plug it into https://www.raidbots.com/simbot

Use these options and hit simulate: e4fa31fe20.pngThen you'll get a unique Pawn string for your char.

Guest Saniddar

Hi! Good guide Azortharion! I follow your guide since legion and was great!

One question , in your rotation do you cast 2 Wildfirebomb in a row?

Guest Bijjitz

On a fight with HIGH mobility would the potential of Galecaller's Boon drop off significantly? My experience in the past is when there is a "remain in this area" kind of buff it might be a large buff but if you fall outside the area it sits at you lose all potential for that trinket. Sorry if I am mistaken on this or way off kilter. Granted I mean this strictly for high mobility. If its spanking the monkey and nothing is happening then I understand the benefits of it are insane.

On 8/24/2018 at 6:34 PM, Guest Bijjitz said:

On a fight with HIGH mobility would the potential of Galecaller's Boon drop off significantly? My experience in the past is when there is a "remain in this area" kind of buff it might be a large buff but if you fall outside the area it sits at you lose all potential for that trinket. Sorry if I am mistaken on this or way off kilter. Granted I mean this strictly for high mobility. If its spanking the monkey and nothing is happening then I understand the benefits of it are insane.

Yes - if you decide to use it on something with high mobility, you should use it wisely. One single use of it that lasts the full duration is better than 3 uses that give you a single second of its effect.

I don't like the term "should be used on cooldown", I need to know how much I should prioritize it. Should I use it before KC? After? Before Serpent Sting or after? Maybe before Wildfire Bomb... I don't know when it just says "use on cooldown".

Guest Ikarus

Sorry I might have missed it, but was there any clarification on mongoose vs tip of the spear, I really want to switch over to Mongoose purely for the animation, but the damage being higher would be a bonus!

Guest Bijjitz

I understand the trinket sims can be researched by looking at the chart in detail but I have already had arguments with people who don't do their research correctly and look at the fact that Darkmoon Deck has fallen considerably and don't think twice of it and have ditched it for WQ trinkets that are above it when they only have the 340/345 version of it. It might be worth noting in a small section what the best trinkets to have are at certain benchmarks like I've seen other guides do in the past. I.E. Trinkets up to 355 use Trink#1 and Trink#2; at 370 use Trink#1 and Trink#2. While I can read the chart some uninformed people don't even look at it in detail; I suppose in the same hand you aren't here to hold everyone's hand in gearing their toon so I can respect if this isn't done.

On 9/4/2018 at 11:45 AM, Guest Ikarus said:

Sorry I might have missed it, but was there any clarification on mongoose vs tip of the spear, I really want to switch over to Mongoose purely for the animation, but the damage being higher would be a bonus!

It's not really possible to make it any clearer without venturing into too specific/non-generalized advice.

On 9/1/2018 at 10:55 PM, truulte said:

I don't like the term "should be used on cooldown", I need to know how much I should prioritize it. Should I use it before KC? After? Before Serpent Sting or after? Maybe before Wildfire Bomb... I don't know when it just says "use on cooldown".

I am not sure what ability you are referring to here.

4 hours ago, Guest Bijjitz said:

I understand the trinket sims can be researched by looking at the chart in detail but I have already had arguments with people who don't do their research correctly and look at the fact that Darkmoon Deck has fallen considerably and don't think twice of it and have ditched it for WQ trinkets that are above it when they only have the 340/345 version of it. It might be worth noting in a small section what the best trinkets to have are at certain benchmarks like I've seen other guides do in the past. I.E. Trinkets up to 355 use Trink#1 and Trink#2; at 370 use Trink#1 and Trink#2. While I can read the chart some uninformed people don't even look at it in detail; I suppose in the same hand you aren't here to hold everyone's hand in gearing their toon so I can respect if this isn't done.

I don't really think that it makes sense to list "BiS" trinkets for certain gear intervals.. When you cannot target trinkets in any way, since everything is now personal loot based. Regardless of the content you do, you just use the best trinkets available to you. To find out what that is, you look at the chart, or better yet, sim it for yourself. I try to make the guides appeal to even the casual reader but I don't think it gets easier than this kind of chart. I think people just need to adjust to the chart being 350-400 iLvl instead of 300-350,

They each represent 1 trait. The chart shows how much you gain by stacking multiple of the same trait together, since some traits lose value when you stack them (although most do not).

Guest Jailbuild

Using the mongoose rotation if your sting has dropped off should you re-apply sting or cast more mongoose bites ?

Guest Denix

you really should include that Wildfire bomb kills the orbs while explosive, like, that is HUGE, don´t tell me "It´s AoE it doesn´t" it does Wildfire bomb kills Explosives and I mena if there are 5 explosives, 5 explosives get killed with one Wildfire bomb, there is no other class who could do anything like this even close to that orb clear of an SV hunt, should be a Major Point in the M+ section

Guest SacredBlaze
On 11/16/2018 at 2:51 AM, Guest Denix said:

you really should include that Wildfire bomb kills the orbs while explosive, like, that is HUGE, don´t tell me "It´s AoE it doesn´t" it does Wildfire bomb kills Explosives and I mena if there are 5 explosives, 5 explosives get killed with one Wildfire bomb, there is no other class who could do anything like this even close to that orb clear of an SV hunt, should be a Major Point in the M+ section

True!  Thats a fantastic property of Wildfire bomb since you can do your Regular aoe rotation without worrying about Explosive orbs.

Survival is the only class that hits them with Aoe.. Nonetheless I'm pretty this is a bug that might be eventually fixed so Shhh.. Don't talk about it too much or might get fixed like the "Sephuz + Rangers Net" combo. 

Guest Benpen

Hi i've question about Alpha predator, which is recommended (easy to play) on "Easy mode" and next not recommended on "Talent tree" (becouse this talent is much complicated to play). This talent is easy to Play or complicated to play compare to other talents?

The logic is that Alpha Predator feels easier to play with if you are new (so it is recommended in Easy Mode), but if you want to actually get the most out of it and make it better than Viper's Venom, it becomes much more difficult than Viper's Venom.

So in terms of difficulty it's:

1) Alpha Predator (Played optimally)
2) Viper's Venom
3) Alpha Predator (Played suboptimally/intuitively)

Guest Bullseyed

I like how the summary claims SV has "very high sustained AOE damage" but then lists SV as last for cleave/AOE.

The ranking is accurate, as SV does not have "very high sustained AOE damage". Maybe it could if you specced into butchery and built completely around it, but that isn't really a viable thing anyone does.