FORUMS
Valks

Fire Mage 8.3

Guest Gnomye

can't understand why i as a fire mage shouldn't use pheonix flame as you can get 5 hot streaks faster than using flame on, just a quick nudge

3 hours ago, Guest Gnomye said:

can't understand why i as a fire mage shouldn't use pheonix flame as you can get 5 hot streaks faster than using flame on, just a quick nudge

Phoenix flames is clunky and has to be cast on the GCD, whereas Fire Blast is off the GCD and Flame On results in a net gain in Hot Streak procs.

Guest Twitchyk

Stuck at work and didnt play beta, but how is this working having bracer/belt while effectively talenting nerfed bracers/belt? 

8 hours ago, Guest Twitchyk said:

Stuck at work and didnt play beta, but how is this working having bracer/belt while effectively talenting nerfed bracers/belt? 

They stack and can proc at the same time.

Guest somemageguy

why not start the opener with pyroblast? it deals more damage no?

5 hours ago, Guest somemageguy said:

why not start the opener with pyroblast? it deals more damage no?

Without Hot Streak it does not do that much damage, and you lose multiple seconds of your potion.

Guest raghe

hello! I'm Korean WoW player, Raghe.

since it is pre patch 8.0  just few days ago, there is not much information to korean users.

so, if it isn't bothering you, can I translate your guide to Korean and post it to Korean wow community, INVEN ? 

http://wow.inven.co.kr/

of course I'll write down your name, and the source link, too.

Here is my armory link, and in case if you can't use korean alphabet in your computer, you can go to next link : 
https://worldofwarcraft.com/ko-kr/character/hyjal/라게도르미
https://bit.ly/2Ldtg72

it will be great honor to translate your guide post. I'll waiting for your reply :3

have a nice day! 

1 hour ago, Guest raghe said:

it will be great honor to translate your guide post. I'll waiting for your reply :3

Hi there! Yes, you can, but you must have a link back to the original guide in your translation, as well as state that the guide comes from Icy Veins.

Guest ShouLder
On 7/21/2018 at 7:56 AM, Dutchmagoz said:

Without Hot Streak it does not do that much damage, and you lose multiple seconds of your potion.

Is this the case even when running firestarter? I mean the damage part, ofc the potion time loss is the same.

9 hours ago, Guest ShouLder said:

Is this the case even when running firestarter? I mean the damage part, ofc the potion time loss is the same.

Firestarter buffs Fireball and Pyroblast, so the result is still the same.

42 minutes ago, Blainie said:

Firestarter buffs Fireball and Pyroblast, so the result is still the same.

To add to this, when using prolonged power it is basically DPS equal to use fireball or pyroblast, so it does not matter much which one you open with.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, TallTerris said:

this build does not work for pvp to slow cannot put out enough dps in a short amount of time.

This guide is not intended to be used for PvP - the inclusion of War Mode talents is only to suggest the best options for open-world PvE while war mode is enabled. 

We do have a PvP section for Fire, but it is currently being updated (the writer is going through each guide and updating them for release - I can't give an estimated timeline for release, but it should be done in the near future).

Guest Hottyz

The stat priorities listed in the easy mode section and the stat priority section differ. Which list would be most beneficial to follow?

Guest shay

question..

on the easy mode page stats state crit as second and mastery as 4th however on the stat page it states opposite... am i reading this incorrectly?

thanks,

Guest Raph

Hi, apologies, I don't fully understand the Pyroblast Fishing. When I use Fire Blast for Hot Streak while casting a Fireball, I understood that I should launch the pyro together with the fireball. 

If none crits, life continues with another fireball.

If one crits and the other doesn't, I understood there is a 0.2 sec window where Heating up will still be there? And I have to kick a fire blast in these 0.2 seg? O.O

If both crit (got Hot streak), should I cast pyro immediately or already be casting another fireball and then again launch both at the same time?

Thank you!

7 hours ago, Guest Raph said:

Hi, apologies, I don't fully understand the Pyroblast Fishing. When I use Fire Blast for Hot Streak while casting a Fireball, I understood that I should launch the pyro together with the fireball. 

[1] If none crits, life continues with another fireball.

[2] If one crits and the other doesn't, I understood there is a 0.2 sec window where Heating up will still be there? And I have to kick a fire blast in these 0.2 seg? O.O

[3]If both crit (got Hot streak), should I cast pyro immediately or already be casting another fireball and then again launch both at the same time?

Thank you!

Hi,

To your first point: Correct. You launch both together.

[1]If none crit, life continues with another fireball.

[2]The 0.2 seconds delay is not the time where heating up remains, but it's a "grace period" during which any NON crits does not remove a Heating Up. Normally, if you crit, and then land a new spell that doesn't crit, your Heating Up gets removed. However, if you land these 2 spells within 0.2 seconds (which is what happens when you cast Fireball + Pyroblast at the same time), this is not the case. 

So for example, the Fireball crits, so it gives you heating up, and then the Pyroblast does not crit. If you casted them seperately, the non crit Pyroblast would've removed the Heating Up. However, because you casted them together, the Pyroblast landed with this 0.2 second period, so it does not remove Heating Up. Which means you end up with a Heating Up, instead of nothing. You then have the entire next Fireball cast to convert Heating Up to Hot Streak by using Fireblast.

[3]If both crit (so got Hot Streak), you should already be casting another Fireball, and indeed launch the Fireball + Pyroblast together again.

I hope this answered your questions. Let me know if this description was  unclear or you got any additional questions.

Guest Resh

Hi,

If i was able to get duplicate incineration on all 3 azerite pieces, would that mean i get 15% chance to do a double fireball or only 5% but with increased damage still.

I'd very much like to know the answer to this, cheers.

5 hours ago, Guest Resh said:

Hi,

If i was able to get duplicate incineration on all 3 azerite pieces, would that mean i get 15% chance to do a double fireball or only 5% but with increased damage still.

I'd very much like to know the answer to this, cheers.

Hi,

No, only a 5% chance. The damage gets increased though for every extra trait.

On 8/16/2018 at 7:39 AM, Dutchmagoz said:

Hi,

To your first point: Correct. You launch both together.

[1]If none crit, life continues with another fireball.

[2]The 0.2 seconds delay is not the time where heating up remains, but it's a "grace period" during which any NON crits does not remove a Heating Up. Normally, if you crit, and then land a new spell that doesn't crit, your Heating Up gets removed. However, if you land these 2 spells within 0.2 seconds (which is what happens when you cast Fireball + Pyroblast at the same time), this is not the case. 

So for example, the Fireball crits, so it gives you heating up, and then the Pyroblast does not crit. If you casted them seperately, the non crit Pyroblast would've removed the Heating Up. However, because you casted them together, the Pyroblast landed with this 0.2 second period, so it does not remove Heating Up. Which means you end up with a Heating Up, instead of nothing. You then have the entire next Fireball cast to convert Heating Up to Hot Streak by using Fireblast.

[3]If both crit (so got Hot Streak), you should already be casting another Fireball, and indeed launch the Fireball + Pyroblast together again.

I hope this answered your questions. Let me know if this description was  unclear or you got any additional questions.

Thank you so much! Super clear now! It was a bit confusing but I’m a non native English speaker so that’s why I probably didn’t understand ?

• Like 1

Guest Mintri

Hi,
thanks for the great guide! 
I got a question about  Searing Touch and Pyroclasm.
Do i still use the Pyroclasm procs in the 30% execute phase, because it somhow feels like a dmg loss to hardcast pryoblast when i can consistantly produce instant pyros with searing touch. 
thank you 
Mintri

7 hours ago, Guest Mintri said:

Hi,
thanks for the great guide! 
I got a question about  Searing Touch and Pyroclasm.
Do i still use the Pyroclasm procs in the 30% execute phase, because it somhow feels like a dmg loss to hardcast pryoblast when i can consistantly produce instant pyros with searing touch. 
thank you 
Mintri

Hi Mintri,

Yes, you still use the pyroclasm procs. It might feel a bit worse, but they hit really hard, so it's still worth casting :). Keep in mind, Meteor is currently the better option for both single-target and AoE DPS though (as long as enemies don't move out of the burning ground), so you may want to consider swapping to that!

Cheers,

Dutchmagoz

Guest Arkell

Why is crit so bad on Fire Mage in this expansion? When I watch my damage on skada it only spikes up when I use Hot Streak?