FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Valks

Mistweaver Monk 8.3

Guest Sunk, the Monk

Thank you so much for this guide! It really helped me a lot!

15 minutes ago, Guest Sunk, the Monk said:

Thank you so much for this guide! It really helped me a lot!

Glad to hear it!

Guest Embellish

Thx for giving me the confidence on how to master my class.

Guest Raz415

Finally, if you are using the Chi Burst Icon Chi Burst talent, you should use it on cooldown provided that you can hit 6+ damaged allies with it.

It has 0 mana cost and heals for a similar amount to Vivify, how in the world is this only efficient when only hitting 6 allies?

6 hours ago, Guest Raz415 said:

It has 0 mana cost and heals for a similar amount to Vivify, how in the world is this only efficient when only hitting 6 allies?

Dhaubbs isn't available right now, but after a short discussion with a few others, it looks like this is meant to be a target for you to hit for efficiency, as opposed to a requirement. I've asked him to update it when he comes online or provide an explanation here.

• Like 1

Guest Tormented

It is based off a healing average of the other two possible talents. Under 6+ targets you’d be better off selecting one of the other two talents; like Mistwrap. 

21 hours ago, Guest Raz415 said:

This is Dhaubbs' reply concerning this:

It only heals for a similar amount to Vivify if it's hitting 5-6 targets. If we're only talking about Mana, then it's efficient to cast whenever we want, but there's an associated opportunity cost as well. If I Chi Burst to heal 1 person, then 15 seconds later 12 people become damaged, then I just lost out on all the free healing.

You can essentially harm your own HPS potential by using it on cooldown.

Guest Sytir

With the change in soothing mist, is there a macro that will allow me to cast enveloping/surging/vivify instantly while channeling soothing mist?  I'm trying:
#showtooltip
/use [@mouseover,help,nodead,mod:alt] [help,nodead,mod:alt] [@player,mod:alt] Enveloping Mist
/use [@mouseover,help,nodead] [help,nodead] [@player] Enveloping Mist

And I have done a couple others without the mouseover stuff, basically I just want to cast on the target that I'm soothing misting, without having to constantly be moused over.  I have tried a few variations but I am at a loss.

Any help would be appreciated, thank you for your help and your guide!

3 hours ago, Guest Sytir said:

Any help would be appreciated, thank you for your help and your guide!

So! With the help of a few of the writers in Discord, this is the best that you could do:

• Create a macro that sets your mouseover target to focus when casting Soothing Mist
  • Make all your Enveloping/Surging etc. spells cast @focus, meaning they target the person you are casting Soothing on.

This should achieve the desired effect.

• Like 1

Guest Jenkins

Good guide but it is almost completely missing dungeon and Mythic+ content. Its basically a pure raid guide which is not what I'm looking for. In my opinion, viability of Mistweaver in M+ is not a reason to leave it out if that happens to be it.

On 7/21/2018 at 2:06 PM, Guest Jenkins said:

Good guide but it is almost completely missing dungeon and Mythic+ content. Its basically a pure raid guide which is not what I'm looking for. In my opinion, viability of Mistweaver in M+ is not a reason to leave it out if that happens to be it.

What were you particularly looking to find in terms of M+ content? The guide will be updated to feature it once BfA launches (for the new dungeons), but currently, the advice given in the guide can be applied to M+ as well.

Guest Mistical

I'd love to know which are the best 2 legendaries advised for levelling upon launch of the new expansion, whilst they will be only used for some time it would be useful to know as per some of the other guides.

16 hours ago, Guest Mistical said:

I'd love to know which are the best 2 legendaries advised for levelling upon launch of the new expansion, whilst they will be only used for some time it would be useful to know as per some of the other guides.

This will be included in our leveling guides for 120 - they'll be released in time for expansion launch, alongside the other guide updates.

Great Guide, always good to have somewhere to look for Info after large changes, I do have a question though.

I was expecting the Upwelling build to be very good in heavy tank damage fights, since it allows you to focus on the tanks alot with our new and amazing spot/tank healing, and then use a big EF when large raid hits come. I was also expecting Rising Mist and Spirit of the Crane to be the best choice for overall Raid throughput in terms of doing the most spread AoE healing during less tank focused fights. But I have been looking through the top 100 Mythic logs and Upwelling (and Manatea) seem to be dominating in terms of numbers.

Obviously I know that this prepatch fiesta is different than what BFA will be at endgame (no legendaries, sets, lower stats etc), but I'd love to hear your thoughts on why this is, and if you think it will change in BFA. Id be really sad to see Rising Mist become a niche Talent and I was pretty excited about the idea of having 2 builds that were great in different encounters.

Thank you

Edited by BeneTan

On 7/30/2018 at 5:00 PM, BeneTan said:

Great Guide, always good to have somewhere to look for Info after large changes, I do have a question though.

I was expecting the Upwelling build to be very good in heavy tank damage fights, since it allows you to focus on the tanks alot with our new and amazing spot/tank healing, and then use a big EF when large raid hits come. I was also expecting Rising Mist and Spirit of the Crane to be the best choice for overall Raid throughput in terms of doing the most spread AoE healing during less tank focused fights. But I have been looking through the top 100 Mythic logs and Upwelling (and Manatea) seem to be dominating in terms of numbers.

Obviously I know that this prepatch fiesta is different than what BFA will be at endgame (no legendaries, sets, lower stats etc), but I'd love to hear your thoughts on why this is, and if you think it will change in BFA. Id be really sad to see Rising Mist become a niche Talent and I was pretty excited about the idea of having 2 builds that were great in different encounters.

Thank you

Hey BeneTan!

So the encounters in Legion are designed in a much different way than BfA.  Damage patterns in AtBT just don't line up with Rising Mist, nor do they really lend themselves to the sustained value that the talent brings (not to mention the fact that we all over gear this content anyway).

Another factor is that Rising Mist is arguably the more difficult build to play, so it adoption is going to be slower.  Upwelling just kinda lets us play exactly how we did before, with the added benefit of Essence Font just being stronger by default, where as Rising Mist forces us to think about what we're going to do for the next 10 seconds, while also reacting to procs.

Lastly, a large number of the top ranked logs are from builds where Highfathers / Eonar's were overtuned, before they got their hps slashed by 75%.  There's also a bug present on live where all Mistweavers currently gain the benefit of the Azerite trait "Font of Life" which causes each bolt of Essence Font to have a chance to reduce the cooldown of Thunder Focus Tea by 1 second, which gives Upwelling even more of an edge

I can say from raid testing last week, I played both builds, and they both did comparable amounts of healing, while Rising Mist did just a little less damage than our Disc Priest.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Dhaubbs said:

Hey BeneTan!

So the encounters in Legion are designed in a much different way than BfA.  Damage patterns in AtBT just don't line up with Rising Mist, nor do they really lend themselves to the sustained value that the talent brings (not to mention the fact that we all over gear this content anyway).

Another factor is that Rising Mist is arguably the more difficult build to play, so it adoption is going to be slower.  Upwelling just kinda lets us play exactly how we did before, with the added benefit of Essence Font just being stronger by default, where as Rising Mist forces us to think about what we're going to do for the next 10 seconds, while also reacting to procs.

Lastly, a large number of the top ranked logs are from builds where Highfathers / Eonar's were overtuned, before they got their hps slashed by 75%.  There's also a bug present on live where all Mistweavers currently gain the benefit of the Azerite trait "Font of Life" which causes each bolt of Essence Font to have a chance to reduce the cooldown of Thunder Focus Tea by 1 second, which gives Upwelling even more of an edge

I can say from raid testing last week, I played both builds, and they both did comparable amounts of healing, while Rising Mist did just a little less damage than our Disc Priest.

Ok great to hear! Thank you for the detailed answer!

• Like 1

On 9/5/2018 at 3:34 PM, Guest Pågen said:

Hey, would it be possible to get a pawnstring for both mythic+ and raid?

I Would really like to a Pawn string for M+ i have been looking everywhere for one, all the Pawn strings i have found have been for raiding and put crit above all. 

Suggestion: Mention Mystic Touch in the "Easy Mode" page.  It is mentioned briefly in a list of abilities we have, but not as something we should actually do.

Otherwise, a guy who used to raid a lot but hasn't raided in 3 years might use your guide to come up to snuff with his new monk healer, and never even realize that if there are no other monks in the raid, he has to at least tag the boss or the raid is missing out on 5% physical damage.  Not that that happened to me or anything.  

Other than that, I really appreciate this guide.  It has helped quite a bit.  

Guest Kristaan

hello ! with the big nerf of 8.15 (-40% heal), is bounded soul the best talent again ?