FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Valks

Mistweaver Monk 8.3

20 hours ago, Guest Kristaan said:

hello ! with the big nerf of 8.15 (-40% heal), is bounded soul the best talent again ?

Yes, bonded souls is still the best trait to pick generally, though it's not as oppressive now.

Refreshing Jade Wind Icon Refreshing Jade Wind is difficult to find a home for, as both the "Tankysitting" and "Fistweaving" builds are relatively GCD locked; the former aims for a high Soothing Mist uptime, and the latter aims for high DPS uptime.

I'm sorry, I don't get this at all. As someone who finds himself not quite falling into either "Fistweaving" or "Tankysitting" in the very specific way you describe them, I find RJW very useful, certainly more so than Chi'ji that has a very long cooldown relative to the healing it provides.

Unless the fight prevents me from doing so, like Rastakhan, I stick with the melee and generate some mana with Spirit of the Crane, at the same time very efficiently healing the melee while giving Essence Font some time to Upwell. It regularly accounts for 16-20% of my healing, such as in this heroic Jadefire Masters fight.

Granted, I have no Mythic raiding experience in this tier, but I cannot imagine how I would be better with a talent that is used once per 3 minutes, does mediocre healing and then leaves my hands tied, rather than with a consistent spell I can use to great effect.

On 3/31/2019 at 5:44 AM, Benedicto said:

I'm sorry, I don't get this at all. As someone who finds himself not quite falling into either "Fistweaving" or "Tankysitting" in the very specific way you describe them, I find RJW very useful, certainly more so than Chi'ji that has a very long cooldown relative to the healing it provides.

Unless the fight prevents me from doing so, like Rastakhan, I stick with the melee and generate some mana with Spirit of the Crane, at the same time very efficiently healing the melee while giving Essence Font some time to Upwell. It regularly accounts for 16-20% of my healing, such as in this heroic Jadefire Masters fight.

Granted, I have no Mythic raiding experience in this tier, but I cannot imagine how I would be better with a talent that is used once per 3 minutes, does mediocre healing and then leaves my hands tied, rather than with a consistent spell I can use to great effect.

Hey, Benedicto!

So your build is fine.  It's more of a "legion style" Mistweaver that doesn't focus on the new tools brought into the kit.  As such, RJW can fit very neatly into that play style.

Now to be clear, I never said RJW was bad.  I just said it's difficult to find a home for.  Like many talents, it requires specific conditions in order to be better than the other options. Fights with constant raid wide damage like Stormwall, and Jaina are great for RJW, or a fight like Mythic Opulence, where the shadow debuff only lasts 6 seconds.

As the expansion progresses, and tanks become more and more self sufficient, I suspect that  RJW will become a more default talent choice once again, but we'll have to see what the new raid in 8.2 has in store.

Guest wildgris

it's rather interesting how misleading your guids can be. u strongly recommend haste for mistweaver in m+. while my similator and the mistweavers with the highest rio atm says the complete opposite; haste is the absolute least prioritized stat.

i wonder who can be right hmmmm

Yeah , what's with the haste? You say it's the lowest priority stat in both raid and m+ yet in gems and enchants section you recommend to stack it. Complete confusion.