FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Valks

Windwalker Monk 8.3

Guest Soulmein

"Under Consumables" The belt buckle doesn't work for extra gem slot. I tired it and it says item lvl to high, even though it technically is not. Must be blizz preventing players from using older expac mats.

Guest Mehrik

In section 4.1.2 Chi, Chi Burst is another ability that generates chi, either 1 or 2, depending on the number of targets that it hits.

@Mehrik: yes, the information should be there right after the spell description, but I will arrange it in a more obvious way.

@Rhysdog: in theory it does, however the Wind Blows when talented in fist of the White Tiger works like it did with Strike of the Windlord, giving a BoK! proc when using it. Otherwise, it gives a flat 3% damage gain.

Guest Brakmonk
On 7/18/2018 at 3:18 PM, pandanaconda said:

Must have been fixed allready! thanks for the catch, I'll check it out and remove it if need be with the next update.

The gem seems to have been nerfed from +10 to +6 today...

12 hours ago, Guest Brakmonk said:

The gem seems to have been nerfed from +10 to +6 today...

There should be an update coming later today to fix this - thanks!

Guest ruthven78

for the talents you say fist of the white tiger triggers the wind blows but the effect of the artifact is greyed out and now just buffs for +3% damage

10 hours ago, Guest ruthven78 said:

for the talents you say fist of the white tiger triggers the wind blows but the effect of the artifact is greyed out and now just buffs for +3% damage

Still working for me currently, even with greyed out artifact text.

Missing BfA PvP Talents section. (Mistweaver aswell) 

Had some confusion regarding "Rising Sun Kick", "Blackout Kick" and "Serenity", but noticed afterwards:

Outside the "Serenity" window, Blackout Kick deals more damage per chi spent, and has a effect of reducing Fists of Fury's cooldown.

Inside the "Serenity" window, you are not looking at "damage per chi spent" but what offers the most damage for it's global cooldown.

Guest Aenir

Talents: Energizing Elixir does only fill 2 Chi instead of all - might update guide there? Also Fist of the White Tiger does not trigger The Wind Blows since it is just a flat 3% damage increase.

Kind of new to MW and trying to follow the Single-target rotation.  I'm not sure if it's because I'm still at 110, but after an initial burst (and everything goes on CD) I get in a situation where I'm just alternating BO Kick and Tiger Palm and never getting enough chi to fire FoF.  Note that I'm not talented for WDP or FoTWT.   Just feels weird since the Legion rotation seemed to be much more busy. 

Also noticed that it says "any abilities with a CD should be used before BO kick".  Does that mean if FoF is off CD that I should wait on enough chi to fire it instead of using BO kick?

@darcstar I assume you mean WW.
If you alternate Blackout Kick and Tiger Palm, you should easily reach 3 chi?

As you noted, Blackout Kick is allways available whereas delaying Fists of Fury is a cooldown cost, as for Whirling Dragon Punch or other cooldowns. Your goal is first and foremost not to delay Fists of Fury, and when this condition is met managing your Chi with Blackout Kick and Tiger Palm.

@rhutven: as Blainie correctly stated: the text on the wind blows is greyed out, but the effect is still there, with fists of the wind. The fact that somehow Blizzard greyed out the text does not change the correctness of the guide. With fists of the white tiger, you get both of the text components (3% damage increase AND automatic proc of Blackout Kick! when you use fist of the white tiger.)

• Like 1

Guest Just a Monk

Not a big deal but the Legendary Item The Wind Blows certainly isn't BiS anymore. It's 3% all damage but the original effect got removed and +3% damage is just a baseline which every class got in this situation, when a Legendary mechanic was removed.

Possibly replace it with Drinking Horn Cover or something else. Cenedril, Reflector of Hatred definitely is the new BiS though, just need something else to replace The Wind Blows item.

1 hour ago, Guest Just a Monk said:

Not a big deal but the Legendary Item The Wind Blows certainly isn't BiS anymore. It's 3% all damage but the original effect got removed and +3% damage is just a baseline which every class got in this situation, when a Legendary mechanic was removed.

Possibly replace it with Drinking Horn Cover or something else. Cenedril, Reflector of Hatred definitely is the new BiS though, just need something else to replace The Wind Blows item.

Please look at the comment right above yours. The Wind Blows still activates on use of Fist of the White Tiger, even with the grayed out text.

Guest Topkeg

In the talent build section, it says Dampen Harm reduces only physical damage yet the tooltip says all damage is being reduced.

Guest Sloth

When are you fixing pvp-talents for WW? Every other class has it but this one seems to taking forever ?

On 8/15/2018 at 8:12 AM, Guest Sloth said:

When are you fixing pvp-talents for WW? Every other class has it but this one seems to taking forever ?

These are now added, sorry for the delay!

On your Best in Slot recommendations, you have the Shoulders as Darkwater Shoulderguards dropping from Waycrest Manor. The Darkwater Shoulderguards do not show up on any loot table that I can find and the wowhead description does not say where it can drop.

Guest Sky

Why is Vers over Mastery for WW? mastery gives more damage while vers gives some damage and more survivability should be specified for certain instances.

Guest Gearj4mmer

In Spell Summary you have Touch of Death doing your maximum hp as damage after 8 seconds. I believe this has been changed to 50% of hp with an additional 10% of all other damage done in the 8 duration