FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Valks

Holy Paladin 8.3

Guest HARDWARE

I see that it is saying things go good with avenging wrath but Im not seeing it in my spellbook, did they remove it?

If you select the talent Avenging Crusader (Level 90 Row) that talent replaces Avenging Wrath.  Select one of the other two talents and you will see Avenging Wrath again.

• Like 1

Guest killerpirate

you should really try combining Awakening, Diving Purpose, and Crusaders Might.  This allows you to constantly spam light of dawn and proc your avenging wrath VERY often.  In a dungeon it will keep everyone healed up while you do increased damage.  I also use Holy Prism to increase my damage by allowing me to do decent AOE damage or another quick aoe heal to the group so i can focus on dps.  This same play style works quite well in raids as well and is unfairly mana efficient, where i am at 95% mana at the end of a fight and others are at 10%.

24 minutes ago, Guest killerpirate said:

you should really try combining Awakening, Diving Purpose, and Crusaders Might.  This allows you to constantly spam light of dawn and proc your avenging wrath VERY often.  In a dungeon it will keep everyone healed up while you do increased damage.  I also use Holy Prism to increase my damage by allowing me to do decent AOE damage or another quick aoe heal to the group so i can focus on dps.  This same play style works quite well in raids as well and is unfairly mana efficient, where i am at 95% mana at the end of a fight and others are at 10%.

This can be a fun build and it is pretty Mana-efficient because of Divine Purpose and Crusader's Might.  However, you are going to lose out a bit on HPS doing this.  Beacon of Virtue is an incredible tool for rapidly healing up your entire group in Mythic+ dungeons and I would think seriously about not using it for challenging content.  (There are instances where you might not, but they are rare exceptions.)  And in raids Beacon of Faith is still incredibly strong even with the nerfs.

If you really like the playstyle of Divine Purpose then I recommend using the Soul of the Highlord Legendary so that you can also pick one of the Beacon talents on the level 100 row.  As for Holy Prism, all talents on that row are competitive, so pick whichever one you like most.  Prism will use the most Mana, but that isn't a problem at all given your other talent choices. 

Guest Phytorian

Personnellement, je joue principalement avec la Lumière de martyr et sur les combats longs, je fait plus de soin qu'un autre paladin sacré car j'utilise moins de mana. Par contre, je suis obligé de mettre un guide de lumière sur moi pour recevoir plus du soin

20 hours ago, Guest Phytorian said:

Personnellement, je joue principalement avec la Lumière de martyr et sur les combats longs, je fait plus de soin qu'un autre paladin sacré car j'utilise moins de mana. Par contre, je suis obligé de mettre un guide de lumière sur moi pour recevoir plus du soin

Please keep your responses in English so that our writers can properly respond to them. The guide you have just read is written in English, so that should be no problem for you, I hope.

11 hours ago, Brutalis said:

Weren’t we supposed to be getting new animations and read a book when we cast? What happened to that?

Blizzard put that animation into the game during Beta, but they had problems getting it to work properly with all races, so they removed it at some point.  It may or may not come back in a future patch.

Guest Sureshot9292

So as it stands can holy be used as a DPS role and still be viable? mainly focusing on damage but throwing the occasional buff or heal to party members? Someone in my group is already a dedicated healer but i like the flow/playstyle of Holy more than Ret.

On 8/5/2018 at 11:06 PM, Guest Sureshot9292 said:

So as it stands can holy be used as a DPS role and still be viable? mainly focusing on damage but throwing the occasional buff or heal to party members? Someone in my group is already a dedicated healer but i like the flow/playstyle of Holy more than Ret.

Holy can still provide a good amount of damage if you focus on it to the exclusion of healing, but I would never say that doing so for an entire encounter (or even most of it) is viable.  If you don't need the healing at any point in a boss fight you are far better having that healer switch to Retribution or bringing in another damage dealer.  As an example, I just looked at Warcraft Logs data for Heroic Varimathras - A relatively short encounter without much movement.  The top Holy Paladin did an incredible 4236 damage, which was far higher than the next Holy Paladin and still 9% lower damage than your average Retribution Paladin on the same fight.

This is not to say that healer damage is not important at times.  It can be, but you should bring the number of healers you do because you need the extra healing.

Guest Sacuri

where are the Azarit Trait section for myth + ?  all are up but not holy ?

Guest Tricked

Just enchanted my MH with Deadly Navigation only to find out it doesn't proc off of heals. Does the author want us to stand in melee and use crusader strike to proc it? What am I missing?

15 hours ago, Guest Tricked said:

Just enchanted my MH with Deadly Navigation only to find out it doesn't proc off of heals. Does the author want us to stand in melee and use crusader strike to proc it? What am I missing?

It does work on heals but only in combat. FYI the healing dummies don't put you in combat so it won't proc on them

Guest holypaladinz

wtf is this holy paladin BiS gear list ? this is horrible please make this more understandable/ add more like legs wrist hands and stuff?

18 hours ago, Guest holypaladinz said:

wtf is this holy paladin BiS gear list ? this is horrible please make this more understandable/ add more like legs wrist hands and stuff?

I'm sorry, but we cannot add lists of regular armor pieces.  As we say at the beginning of the page:

While we do not currently believe a Best in Slot list is worth adding because the nature of the Titanforging mechanic makes it impossible, it is worth noting the stronger trinkets and Azerite armor pieces, so that you can try to obtain them at a high item level.

The lack of Holy Paladin weapon drops in Ul'dir is truly shocking - only 1 (!!) one-hand and zero 2-hand drops. Why they can't make STR weapons be STR/INT interchangeable is beyond me. They can on armour, so why not on weapons?? 

Guest FelixFelicis

Question about Avenging Wrath - should I be doing DPS when it's up? Hit a test dummy and got some huge heals off of it.

On 9/10/2018 at 5:48 PM, Guest Mildrem said:

Any word on which enchant is better? Coastal surge or deadly?

They are actually both good and either one will work.  If Coastal Surge overhealing is low it will perform better.  If overhealing is high, or damage is important (Mythic+) Deadly Navigation is the better choice.  The difference is small and if you don't want to keep swapping back and forth go with Deadly Navigation.

I will be doing some updates to the guide soon with what we have learned from Mythic raid week, including comments like this about the enchants.

On 9/13/2018 at 7:47 PM, Guest FelixFelicis said:

Question about Avenging Wrath - should I be doing DPS when it's up? Hit a test dummy and got some huge heals off of it.

You can DPS when it is up, but should use it primarily as a healing cooldown if it is needed for healing.

7 hours ago, Deathstrider said:

Guys, i am definitely missing "Avenging Crusader" here. It is a big ass cd, almost all top palas are using for raids, as far as i have seen on warcraft logs. and it costs almost no mana!

Avenging Crusader is a large cooldown and if you can use it properly in a fight it will provide the most HPS.  It isn't always possible for every boss or every group comp (if you are heavy melee on a fight it may be more difficult).  And it is certainly far more Mana-efficient than Sanctified Wrath.

Guest Johs

I am really struggling with the AoE healing. I have been healing as druid and monk for a really long time, and I consider myself a good healer. But I just cant seem to figure out holy paladin.

If Beacon of Virtue is on cooldown and the group is taking damage, I just find myself spamming holy shock and FoL. LoD if it will hit enough targets. That doesnt seem sustainable at all, and I find myself struggling on almost any type of fight in mythic, even trash. If the tank is taking heavy damage, and Holy Shock doesnt crit, it feels critical every time. 

A few tips would immensly appreciated