FORUMS
Valks

Retribution Paladin 8.3

Guest Isdine

why should we use selfless healer or word for glory when justicars is a better way for us palas to get rid of holy power and gain some self heals

42 minutes ago, Guest Isdine said:

why should we use selfless healer or word for glory when justicars is a better way for us palas to get rid of holy power and gain some self heals

The guide is not intended to help you survive as long as possible, it is there to maximise your DPS output. Justicar's is not worth casting since it has a lower DPS-per-Holy Power output level than Templar's. If you take this talent, you'll never use it. Also remember that Righteous Verdict buffs Templar's each time you use it and the JV casts don't benefit from the legendary cloak.

On top of this, I asked Urth and he linked me these two images:

Wow_2018-07-18_13-17-29.png

Wow_2018-07-18_13-17-31.png

There's just no reason to use JV over TV, currently.

Guest Sillz

I had a question about macro's.

With hammer of wrath back is there a way to macro this in with another skill to maximize my damage output? Currently i feel that im missing out on alot of dps by not clicking or pressing that key in time or lack of use. 

I have attempted to use /castsequence but, i feel that there is something im missing and could use some knowledge from the community to be a better ret pally.

1 hour ago, Guest Sillz said:

I had a question about macro's.

With hammer of wrath back is there a way to macro this in with another skill to maximize my damage output? Currently i feel that im missing out on alot of dps by not clicking or pressing that key in time or lack of use. 

I have attempted to use /castsequence but, i feel that there is something im missing and could use some knowledge from the community to be a better ret pally.

How come you are looking to put it into a cast sequence rather than using it separately as the rotation dictates? You need to make decisions before using it, since the cast sequence will only be true for 1 condition, or, it will be using things at random times, meaning random conditions that could be completely wrong.

Guest Sillz

Im not to familiar with making marcos so i was testing some out from the blizzard forums i have been reading.

I was thinking the macro for when avenger wrath is up to cast hammer of wrath at same time than start rotation and have it in with another key so instead of using 6 buttons using 5?

Just trying to simply things if someone knew more ?

Guest Guest User

Strengths "Can switch targets without downsides"

Weaknesses "Uptime-reliant"

LOL Does anyone proof read for logic?

5 hours ago, Guest Sillz said:

Im not to familiar with making marcos so i was testing some out from the blizzard forums i have been reading.

I was thinking the macro for when avenger wrath is up to cast hammer of wrath at same time than start rotation and have it in with another key so instead of using 6 buttons using 5?

Just trying to simply things if someone knew more ?

The rotation for Ret has too many changing variables in Haste, generators, Holy Power levels and such to be able to run any kind of cast sequence. And when you start binding keys together in a rotation like this, things can get really, really messy.

Guest Sillz

Gotcha. Thanks for the info appriecate it, ill have to brush up on rotation??

Guest Curious Paladin

What's the fault with Divine Judgement?
I read through in order to see why it fell behind so much but I didn't see anything touching on it, especially since in an ideal rotation, you can get up to 3(maybe more with haste?) spenders off before you have to reapply Judgement especially with the 2 piece for the tier set it seems like it's a nobrainer.
Or is the dps increase from having Wake of Ashes THAT much stronger?

6 hours ago, Guest Curious Paladin said:

What's the fault with Divine Judgement?
I read through in order to see why it fell behind so much but I didn't see anything touching on it, especially since in an ideal rotation, you can get up to 3(maybe more with haste?) spenders off before you have to reapply Judgement especially with the 2 piece for the tier set it seems like it's a nobrainer.
Or is the dps increase from having Wake of Ashes THAT much stronger?

With personal sims, I am seeing it as 2.5% lower, with perfect usage, than using Wake of Ashes. That's a pretty sizable difference - this might be different for you, but Wake is a very strong talent and will still be higher for you.

Guest Bama3060

Can you please fix your guide?  In the talent section you make no mention of taking Hammer or Wrath or Consecration yet in the rotation portion you incorporate those into the rotation.  You contradict yourself in these two sections and just want to make you aware of this.

34 minutes ago, Guest Bama3060 said:

Can you please fix your guide?  In the talent section you make no mention of taking Hammer or Wrath or Consecration yet in the rotation portion you incorporate those into the rotation.  You contradict yourself in these two sections and just want to make you aware of this.

From the guide for Hammer of Wrath:

Hammer of Wrath is currently the recommended choice in this tier, because the damage is shifted towards your burst and execute phases, which is generally preferred. Additionally, you can build extra Holy Power from casting  Hammer of Wrath on adds that are up to 30 yards away while they have less than 20% Health.

For Consecration:

Wake of Ashes currently is the recommended choice for all situations.

Consecration is a viable choice if your enemies are staying in your  Consecration zone at all times.

I'm not seeing the contradiction here, but please let me know if you're still having issues with the guide.

Guest Wickam

How does having the Soul of the Highlord legendary affect rotation please ? For instance I am looking at the opening rotation section, it has a lot of talent combos but nothing for Divine Purpose+Inquisition+Wake of Ashes. Which opening rotation should I use? Is there anything else I should be aware of? 

8 hours ago, Guest Wickam said:

How does having the Soul of the Highlord legendary affect rotation please ? For instance I am looking at the opening rotation section, it has a lot of talent combos but nothing for Divine Purpose+Inquisition+Wake of Ashes. Which opening rotation should I use? Is there anything else I should be aware of? 

Divine Purpose nature is random, there's no fixed opener for that. You can just follow with what you usually would do when talenting Divine Purpose. If you get a proc, continue using high priority generators if you are not at the Holy Power cap yet, until only low priority Holy Power generators are left. Then spend your Holy Power and the proc.

11 hours ago, Bloodfein said:

is it Crit > Vers > Mastery or are they all equal?

Depending on how much of each stat rating you have, the order of priority of all 3 will change. The only solution is to simulate your own stat weights.

On 8/4/2018 at 8:05 PM, Guest Empyreal said:

I am confused how does zeal help you in AoE now?

It doesn't. But the other 2 options give you 0 dps during aoe moments. RV doesn't buffs Divine Storm (where as Final Verdict did). Execution sentence is a waste of holy power because you could have used a DS. Where as Zeal gives you passive holy damage, albeit on one target, but also increases your auto attacks and stays relevant during your AoEing. (DS spam).

Edited by Shishikyu
Corrections.
  • Like 1

I must say I am a bit confused by the racial bonus simulation in the guide. I am pretty sure Orcs can't be paladins, and I am no theorycrafter but I am borderline certain, "marksmanship" is not even a race.

Quite frankly a mistake in a single graph could be pretty easily forgiven for a relatively small mistake, but including marksmanship as a race makes it somewhat difficult to take the guide seriously as a reputable source and makes me question the writers ability to properly edit before publication.

chrome_2018-08-11_15-23-28.png

2 hours ago, waffle11 said:

I must say I am a bit confused by the racial bonus simulation in the guide. I am pretty sure Orcs can't be paladins, and I am no theorycrafter but I am borderline certain, "marksmanship" is not even a race.

Quite frankly a mistake in a single graph could be pretty easily forgiven for a relatively small mistake, but including marksmanship as a race makes it somewhat difficult to take the guide seriously as a reputable source and makes me question the writers ability to properly edit before publication.

I've let Urthearso know, but this is a very small mistake. The wrong URL was inserted into the href tag, meaning it is currently displaying the wrong chart. The reason Orc, etc. are there is because it is the Marksmanship Hunter sim chart, as seen here. Marksmanship is the baseline sim with no racial abilities added for the class.

Essentially, the whole list is wrong because it is the wrong image, rather than having the wrong sim information within it. Sorry!

If you are interested before the update happens to fix, the last image I saw from Urthearso has Blood Elf > Lightforged > Dark Iron > Human > Draenei > Dwarf > Tauren. This might be different from the new one he will put up, but that's the most recent one I have seen.

Guest Boi415

Question on 2 target AoE:

Is it always better to use the single target rotation?

A bit sad if true, IIRC in Legion Divine Storm was worth casting on 2 targets.

Guest AsphyxiA

"It is important to note that, when generating Holy Power, if you have only 1 Crusader Strike IconCrusader Strike charge available, you should immediately stop generating Holy Power and go to the Holy Power-spending priority "

Can someone elaborate on this please?

I dont seem to understand.