FORUMS
Valks

Retribution Paladin 8.3

Guest Endo

Hello, quick question. On Trade and Askmrrobot as well as ret paladins who ran mythic antorous in Legion, everyone is saying stack crit. You guys are the only ones saying to stack haste over crit. Is there a reason for that?

On 8/20/2018 at 7:48 PM, Guest AsphyxiA said:

"It is important to note that, when generating Holy Power, if you have only 1 Crusader Strike IconCrusader Strike charge available, you should immediately stop generating Holy Power and go to the Holy Power-spending priority "

Can someone elaborate on this please?

I dont seem to understand.

It means to keep that 1 charge of crusader and use a spender instead (divine storm if > 3 targets or templar's verdict if only 1-2 targets). 

Guest Azrael

Hello there. May I ask between Hekili and Thousand Jabs which addon you would suggest and why? I am returning to the game after a small break and I need some training wheels :P.

Also DPS wise you note that "we currently performing very well". What does that practically mean? Top 5 DPS specs? Top 10? 

Guest Boi415
10 hours ago, Shishikyu said:

It means to keep that 1 charge of crusader and use a spender instead (divine storm if > 3 targets or templar's verdict if only 1-2 targets). 

I don't get this TBH. There are many times when you are holy power starved, and then you use your crusader strike (and even racial) and then you have all skills on CD and nothing but white attacks until your next Crusader strike comes up. 

I'm not really understanding the BiS chart for Azerite Armor.   A few slots are showing WQ items that are 340 with 3 slots, however they currently max out at 325 & 2 slots.  Namely Dunecrawler Spaulders & Harbormaster Cuirass.  Am I missing something here? Currently 341 iLvL on my main and to my knowledge Azerite Armor can not warforge/titanforge.

On 8/28/2018 at 4:35 AM, rethumtv said:

I'm not really understanding the BiS chart for Azerite Armor.   A few slots are showing WQ items that are 340 with 3 slots, however they currently max out at 325 & 2 slots.  Namely Dunecrawler Spaulders & Harbormaster Cuirass.  Am I missing something here? Currently 341 iLvL on my main and to my knowledge Azerite Armor can not warforge/titanforge.

The 340 Azerite World Quest Armor right now comes from Emissary Chests only. Soon the highest baseline itemlevel of world quest rewards will be increased, so it will be easier to obtain.

Guest Bobo1234

Hey

On the Gems, Enchantments and Consumables Page it says only to use one Kraken's Eye of Strength in one socket. Why is that so? if Strenght is our Main-DpS- Stat, why shouldn't use more of those Gems? 

22 hours ago, Guest Bobo1234 said:

Hey

On the Gems, Enchantments and Consumables Page it says only to use one Kraken's Eye of Strength in one socket. Why is that so? if Strenght is our Main-DpS- Stat, why shouldn't use more of those Gems? 

You can only equip ONE gem of your main stat from the kraken catagory. Unique-equipped: Kraken's eye (1).

Guest peesoff

In your rotation you make mention of casting wake of ashes and then further down concecrate in the same rotation, thats not possible due to them being in the same tier of talents can you elaborate please?

On 9/9/2018 at 11:43 PM, Guest Chebarkul_pro said:

I have a question about Geti'ikku, Cut of DeathGeti'ikku, Cut of Death. Is that really good? I've got this sword, but it's prock happens extremely rarely, like 1 time in 3-4 minutes, even when i take ZealZeal 

Yes, it's still good. Zeal does not affect the proc rate.

On 9/9/2018 at 12:49 PM, Guest peesoff said:

In your rotation you make mention of casting wake of ashes and then further down concecrate in the same rotation, thats not possible due to them being in the same tier of talents can you elaborate please?

You are currently looking at the priority list, all rotational abilities are listed there. Simply ignore the ones you do not use right now to get the priortiy list for your specific talent setup.

Guest Raff

Scenario:

4 holy power

Blade of justice and judgement are both available. Do I understand correctly that the correct action in this SPECIFIC scenario would be to cast judgement, TV, blade to avoid wasted HP generation while still maximizing the amount of time judgment spends on cooldown?

Guest Ivresse

Regarding the boss by boss guide, it says under G'huun that Retribution Paladins are a weak choice since divine steed's effectiveness is reduced, however doesn't our Blessing of Freedom work to counter the slowing effect?

On 9/14/2018 at 11:29 PM, Guest Raff said:

Scenario:

4 holy power

Blade of justice and judgement are both available. Do I understand correctly that the correct action in this SPECIFIC scenario would be to cast judgement, TV, blade to avoid wasted HP generation while still maximizing the amount of time judgment spends on cooldown?

Yes, that is correct. Only if Judgement would be on cooldown, and Crusader Strike is  @1 charge you would use TV there at 4 hp instead of generating to 5 using Judgement or Crusader Strike @2 charges.

Guest Chopper

Which Azerittraits are giving the highest dps increase in singletarget PVP? How is the statpriority in PVP for the Retri?

Thankyou ?

Guest Csubika

Hi. I have a question about this BIS gear list. So.. the top ranked azerite gear pieces(on this "list") are...well.. they are unknown where to find. I mean i looked at wowhead and no sources tell where to get them. and if i can be honest: im fckn lost about this ? this whole expansion is a bull**t. without 4piece set bonus the game lost its feeling for me. but that i cant find a really good guide wich tells me what and where to get/ wich items worth grinding ...thats far mor wors. Im lost...really. I would like to see a bis gear list like ... like the ww monk guide. it has a separated list of items. it has a separate list for dungeon best in slots and raid best in slots. with real obtainable items. Cant someone do such thing for paladins too? ? Thx for the help in advice!

On 9/30/2018 at 9:27 PM, Guest Csubika said:

Hi. I have a question about this BIS gear list. So.. the top ranked azerite gear pieces(on this "list") are...well.. they are unknown where to find. I mean i looked at wowhead and no sources tell where to get them. and if i can be honest: im fckn lost about this ? this whole expansion is a bull**t. without 4piece set bonus the game lost its feeling for me. but that i cant find a really good guide wich tells me what and where to get/ wich items worth grinding ...thats far mor wors. Im lost...really. I would like to see a bis gear list like ... like the ww monk guide. it has a separated list of items. it has a separate list for dungeon best in slots and raid best in slots. with real obtainable items. Cant someone do such thing for paladins too? ? Thx for the help in advice!

If they have no source listed, it normally means they are from World Quests or the Emissary Cache's that award WQ Azerite pieces.

Guest Fodson

Guys a have a question,

in the tier 7 of the talents, which one I should use? Divine Purpose for the "free" TV or should I prioritize Inquisition instead?

Both of them are good in PvE and PvP situations or should I choose one or another for each environment? Cause atm Im using Inquisiton, but im not feeling those 7% Damage output. BUT, the haste is what is messing with my head, should I give up that 7% and go with Divine Purpose? Cause now Haste is one of the best stats for us, right?

Thanks!

Guest Sariel

It's hard to take this guide seriously when the Rotation specifies using both Wake of Ashes and Consecration and it's not currently possible (in 8.0.1) to have both.   

1 hour ago, Guest Sariel said:

It's hard to take this guide seriously when the Rotation specifies using both Wake of Ashes and Consecration and it's not currently possible (in 8.0.1) to have both.   

Both are in the rotation because they do not have an interchangeable position in the priority list. If you scroll down further, you will notice that Urth has multiple opening rotations that specifically separate WoA and Consecration. I'm certain that he understands you cannot take both on live.

If you use WoA, ignore Consecration in the priority. If you use Consecration, ignore WoA.

On 10/8/2018 at 10:49 PM, Guest Fodson said:

Guys a have a question,

in the tier 7 of the talents, which one I should use? Divine Purpose for the "free" TV or should I prioritize Inquisition instead?

Both of them are good in PvE and PvP situations or should I choose one or another for each environment? Cause atm Im using Inquisiton, but im not feeling those 7% Damage output. BUT, the haste is what is messing with my head, should I give up that 7% and go with Divine Purpose? Cause now Haste is one of the best stats for us, right?

Thanks!

https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/retribution-paladin-pve-dps-spec-builds-talents 

Both options are viable. It is explicitly stated in the guide that you should simulate your own character to determine which talent is better for you. There is no such answer as Talent A is better than Talent B. it is even dependent sometimes on the boss encounter what talent to choose. In this case you can read the chapter about the "boss by boss strategies".
For me personally, divine purpose gives me about 0,3% more damage. I recommend you to install the SimulationCraft Addon from the Twitch Client and use raidbots https://www.raidbots.com/simbot to analyze your character if you want an answer.

Guest Flasheart

With the recommended opening rotations, I was wondering what the reasoning was for casting Blade of Justice before Judgement? Given that the Blade of Justice cooldown can be reset by Art of War, shouldn't we be casting Judgement first to get the cooldown ticking earlier? Is casting Blade of Justice first wasting a global cooldown? Given the range of the two abilities as well, it seems meant for casting Judgement first then Blade of Justice as you close into the boss?

On 11/14/2018 at 6:46 AM, Guest Flasheart said:

With the recommended opening rotations, I was wondering what the reasoning was for casting Blade of Justice before Judgement? Given that the Blade of Justice cooldown can be reset by Art of War, shouldn't we be casting Judgement first to get the cooldown ticking earlier? Is casting Blade of Justice first wasting a global cooldown? Given the range of the two abilities as well, it seems meant for casting Judgement first then Blade of Justice as you close into the boss?

Thousands of simulations prove that this is the best way to to deal with it with current balancing. In real fights if you are not in range for Blade of Justice when you pull, yes then you would start with Judgement, and then Blade of Justice once you are closer. Off-setting Judgement by one gcd and possibly loosing out one cast in the fight is by far not as important as losing out 2 Holy Power from Blade of Justice.