FORUMS
Valks

Retribution Paladin 8.3

Guest Guest 182

In the 'Gear and Best in Slot' section, is it on purpose, that under 3.4. Benthic Waist you name a leather item (Fathomstalker Waistband)? 

9 hours ago, Guest Guest 182 said:

In the 'Gear and Best in Slot' section, is it on purpose, that under 3.4. Benthic Waist you name a leather item (Fathomstalker Waistband)? 

I don't think it is, no - will ask Urth!

15 hours ago, Guest Guest 182 said:

That was a typo, thank you!

• Like 1

Guest Novatus

Hey Urthearso, can u explain why u use always crit enchants and crit gems but in your guide u recomment always haste as best stat and gems + enchants to use?

Thx

On 7/18/2019 at 12:01 AM, Guest Novatus said:

Hey Urthearso, can u explain why u use always crit enchants and crit gems but in your guide u recomment always haste as best stat and gems + enchants to use?

Thx

Every character profile is different, if you have very little critical strike, it will eventually simulate higher for your to use crit enchants and gems, because stats are so close together that once you have to little of something it will gain more value to get a bit more of that stat. This is exactly why we recommend to simulate your own enchants and gems. Another reason is that once you run Expurgation azerite traits, critical strike will simulate higher than other stats.

Guest wunhunglo

hi just really got to ask been getting a LOT of versatility items and losing a lot haste now at 8.3% versatility and ilvl 419 and my dps has gradsually disappeared now struggling to get 14k dps with crusade active while before i was easily getting 20 k + with 22% haste but now never getting any upgrades with haste on them  only crit mastery or vers mastery items

15 hours ago, Guest wunhunglo said:

hi just really got to ask been getting a LOT of versatility items and losing a lot haste now at 8.3% versatility and ilvl 419 and my dps has gradsually disappeared now struggling to get 14k dps with crusade active while before i was easily getting 20 k + with 22% haste but now never getting any upgrades with haste on them  only crit mastery or vers mastery items

In no case stats matter that much that you could lose the described amount of damage. You need to do something differently from before, or are you perhaps testing it differently?.

I apologize if this is addressed in comments or the guide, I personally couldn't find it if it was.  Should I delay Templar's Verdict, or any holy power spender, if the holy damage buff from judgement isn't present on the target?

Guest Vaelar

Hey!

The opening rotation for inquisition + wake of ashes (5.1.3) says second spell should be Judgment - shouldn't that be crusader strike (at least with Execution Sentence)?

The way it's written the 25% increase from Judgment enhances Execution Sentence while using it afterwards on the first Templar's Verdict would have those 25% + the 20% from Execution Sentence - which would result in more damage, no?

So I'd say: 

(1. Prepot)

2. Blade of Justice

3. Crusader Strike

4. Inquisition

5. Avenging Wrath

6. Wake of Ashes

7. Execution Sentence

8. Judgment

9. Templar's Verdict

Or is there something i missed?

On 8/27/2019 at 11:53 PM, ncnash083 said:

I apologize if this is addressed in comments or the guide, I personally couldn't find it if it was.  Should I delay Templar's Verdict, or any holy power spender, if the holy damage buff from judgement isn't present on the target?

You should never delay Holy Power spenders for Judgement unlike we kinda did in Legion with the old mastery.

4 hours ago, Guest Vaelar said:

Hey!

The opening rotation for inquisition + wake of ashes (5.1.3) says second spell should be Judgment - shouldn't that be crusader strike (at least with Execution Sentence)?

The way it's written the 25% increase from Judgment enhances Execution Sentence while using it afterwards on the first Templar's Verdict would have those 25% + the 20% from Execution Sentence - which would result in more damage, no?

So I'd say: 

(1. Prepot)

2. Blade of Justice

3. Crusader Strike

4. Inquisition

5. Avenging Wrath

6. Wake of Ashes

7. Execution Sentence

8. Judgment

9. Templar's Verdict

Or is there something i missed?

Getting Judgement on cd asap is more important than moving the Judgement dmg amp towards the ES buffed TV.

Guest Some Pally

I see that Bloodmallet has top essence combinations while using 2, but not 3. Whats the top single target essence combination for all 3? Anyone know? My guess would be Condensed > Vision > Flame. But who knows.

17 hours ago, Guest Some Pally said:

I see that Bloodmallet has top essence combinations while using 2, but not 3. Whats the top single target essence combination for all 3? Anyone know? My guess would be Condensed > Vision > Flame. But who knows.

Flame and Strife Essences Rank 3's are both really good options as 3. Essence for single-target.

Guest Matt2390

Hey there

got a question about our essences

why does vision stomp the dps rank even in hectic add cleave but azerite beam is recommended

is it just because we can time the cd use but not the randomish nature of vision ?

thanks

nice guide btw :)

Guest Matt2390
21 hours ago, Guest Matt2390 said:

Hey there

why does vision stomp the dps rank even in hectic add cleave but azerite beam is recommended

is it just because we can time the cd use but not the randomish nature of vision ?

thanks

nice guide btw ?

As major slot i should add :X

On 9/29/2019 at 8:45 AM, Guest Matt2390 said:

Hey there

thanks

nice guide btw ?

On 9/30/2019 at 5:56 AM, Guest Matt2390 said:

As major slot i should add :X

Exactly. The major effect of the Vision Essence is highly random, but most times cleave damage situations require on demand burst damage. Additionally being able to have 2 cds (beam & wings), which dont benefit from each other (you never stack them because beam doesnt benefit from wings) means you are more flexible in how you can to deal damage. You can chain them one after another or just use one when you see the raid/party also use cds and you can keep the other one for the next time (think of all those times you pop wings and 3 seconds later everything you wanted to cleave is already dead).

The most important part of Vision for cleave is the minor effect and you still use that while using beam as major Essence.

Keep in mind that in raids you can encounter situations where the cdr on wings from Vision minor might be unnecessary, because the time between the add spawns might be long enough to be just fine with the default cd.

Guest Xhexibish

In the guide for Gems it states to use "Leviathan's Eye of Strength" and then Crit gems. I've managed to socket a "Leviathan's Eye of Strength" and a "Kraken's Eye of Strength", as even though they are both unique equip gems they appear to be unique equip for the name sake of each. I was wondering if the +80 strength is indeed preferable to +50 crit? I assume it would be and was wondering if the guide was assuming that you could not have one of both of these gems socketed at the same time. So currently I have 3 sockets and have a "Leviathan's Eye of Strength" in the socket on my weapon, a "Kraken's Eye of Strength" in the socket on my belt and a "Deadly Amberblaze" in a socket on my cloak. Thanks.

On 12/5/2019 at 4:05 AM, Guest Xhexibish said:

In the guide for Gems it states to use "Leviathan's Eye of Strength" and then Crit gems. I've managed to socket a "Leviathan's Eye of Strength" and a "Kraken's Eye of Strength", as even though they are both unique equip gems they appear to be unique equip for the name sake of each. I was wondering if the +80 strength is indeed preferable to +50 crit? I assume it would be and was wondering if the guide was assuming that you could not have one of both of these gems socketed at the same time. So currently I have 3 sockets and have a "Leviathan's Eye of Strength" in the socket on my weapon, a "Kraken's Eye of Strength" in the socket on my belt and a "Deadly Amberblaze" in a socket on my cloak. Thanks.

The small strength gem isnt strong enough in comparison to say the crit gem (other than in some extreme low ilvl cases).

In some cases the crit gem outperforms even the big strength gem, so you have to sim to figure out which gems are worthwhile for your exact character, and which are not.

Guest JohnCrichton

Update ur stats priority cuz Mastery is best stat!Not haste not versa not crit,MASTERY!If u dont believe me go in raider,io and look for Castawayx  best Retri paladin atm. 130% Mastery and 17% haste 7% versa.Your guide is sh*t!

2 hours ago, Guest JohnCrichton said:

Update ur stats priority cuz Mastery is best stat!Not haste not versa not crit,MASTERY!If u dont believe me go in raider,io and look for Castawayx  best Retri paladin atm. 130% Mastery and 17% haste 7% versa.Your guide is sh*t!

Your stat priority is affected by the Corruptions you choose to use. The Corruptions page recommends Masterful, as Castaway uses, and if you are running Masterful, your Mastery weight will increase, naturally.

Essentially, the guide already tells you to use Masterful corruptions, push for Mastery, and use Mastery consumables.