FORUMS
Valks

Holy Priest 8.3

8 hours ago, Guest Tytonidae said:

Prayer of Mending should say 12 second cool down. 

The wording is somewhat confusing of that point, we're trying to fix it. Holy Word: Salvation is the bit that has a 12-minute cooldown.

5 hours ago, Guest Jesilyn said:

Missing the War Mode Talents section

Niphyr is going to look into getting these added ASAP - sorry about that!

Guest NivQ87

tier 9 talents, where it should be a text version of salvation, it links and talks about benediction again, and then in the discussion doesn't say anything about the talent at all.

58 minutes ago, Guest NivQ87 said:

tier 9 talents, where it should be a text version of salvation, it links and talks about benediction again, and then in the discussion doesn't say anything about the talent at all.

Thanks for spotting that.  I'll pass that along and see if we can get it fixed.

• Like 1

Guest Mornil

The cooldown section still reads "As a Holy Priest, you have two cooldowns" even though Symbol of Hope has been added as a third item to the list now.

Guest Honeyglow

Hi. I been trying to work out the best way to go with talents and your talent guide for the level 15 step kind of confuses me. Enduring renewal is proc'd with prayer of mending when the target is hit by an attack and by prayer of mending if they are the primary target. Combining that with the level 100 Holyword: Salvation and 90's Benediction I don't think its quite so useless as it used to be.

I've notified Niphyr of both of the comments above, should see fixes/a reply in the near future!

23 hours ago, Guest Mornil said:

The cooldown section still reads "As a Holy Priest, you have two cooldowns" even though Symbol of Hope has been added as a third item to the list now.

Fixed, thanks Mornil!

19 hours ago, Guest Honeyglow said:

Hi. I been trying to work out the best way to go with talents and your talent guide for the level 15 step kind of confuses me. Enduring renewal is proc'd with prayer of mending when the target is hit by an attack and by prayer of mending if they are the primary target. Combining that with the level 100 Holyword: Salvation and 90's Benediction I don't think its quite so useless as it used to be.

Hey Honeyglow, I have tested this extensively and I am unable to proc Enduring Renewal with Prayer of Mending either when casting it on someone, or when they take damage to proc the PoM heal. Are you sure what you're seeing isn't Benediction proccing, causing renew to be refreshed?

Guest Ishtor

I know it sclaes well, but you can neither farm avoidance nor leech effectively, given that they randomly procc on gear. So including it on the Stat priority is, in my opinion, a bit redundant. Maybe mention it instead as a very useful but, like I said, not farmable stat. 

Guest Zhavagery

Just want to say thank you for all the hard work you guys do, so that I, and those like me who are uninclined to do the research, get to benefit.

15 hours ago, Guest Ishtor said:

I know it sclaes well, but you can neither farm avoidance nor leech effectively, given that they randomly procc on gear. So including it on the Stat priority is, in my opinion, a bit redundant. Maybe mention it instead as a very useful but, like I said, not farmable stat. 

It's not farmable, but it has a very real impact on your gearing strategy. Items with Leech on them can be a lot better than higher item level pieces.

Guest Peapiiskop

Why aren't dps spells listed anywhere? Smite, sanctify, holy nova and holy fire. Would be helpful.

On 8/17/2018 at 12:47 PM, Guest Peapiiskop said:

Why aren't dps spells listed anywhere? Smite, sanctify, holy nova and holy fire. Would be helpful.

I'll ask Niphyr to add them ?

Guest Zappa

Hi,

thanks for the guide. Helped me a lot. Can u give me the statweights for holy priests so i can import them into my pawn addon?
Thanks.

26 minutes ago, Guest Zappa said:

Hi,

thanks for the guide. Helped me a lot. Can u give me the statweights for holy priests so i can import them into my pawn addon?
Thanks.

Hi Zappa,

We don't suggest using pawn for Holy Priest as it can sometimes devalue actual upgrades. Just stick to taking item level upgrades and when you have two items in the same slot with the same item level, use the stat priority found on the Stats page to help prioritise which item you should use. Intellect is currently our best stat so taking item level upgrades is a sure way to get the most out of your gear.

Guest Terak

Hi,

i was wondering how strong the azerite traits are? Lets say u have a 325 with a really strong trait (flash heal for mythic) and 340 with a shit trait. Should i use the 325 over the 340? Some say i should go by iLvl > all other say that the trait is more important than iLvl. I cant find a good guide or example list for this topic.

Greetings

Guest NewbieGreenboots

This might be a really stupid question, but why on earth are leech and avoidance top two stats as a healer? Specifically as a holy. If it was Disc, perhaps I might understand, but holy baffles me. Not only is it incredibly hard to farm, but I don't see how they scale better than, say, Mastery which is just a flat increase to our healing. Been playing since BC but new to Priest this expansion, so if there's something I'm missing please do tell. 

TIA

Guest Zamirot
17 hours ago, Guest Zamirot said:

Also Weapon Enchant - Coastal Surge seems to never proc atm 

NVM it does proc but its not a buff so kinda hard to spot when it procs. After one mythic dungeon it was about 4% of my total healing 

Guest TwistingPlanets

Gemhide is one of the inner ring ones, not on here.

On 8/23/2018 at 1:56 PM, Guest NewbieGreenboots said:

This might be a really stupid question, but why on earth are leech and avoidance top two stats as a healer? Specifically as a holy. If it was Disc, perhaps I might understand, but holy baffles me. Not only is it incredibly hard to farm, but I don't see how they scale better than, say, Mastery which is just a flat increase to our healing. Been playing since BC but new to Priest this expansion, so if there's something I'm missing please do tell. 

TIA

So, Leech and Avoidance have absolutely no impact on the stat distribution of a piece of gear. They are completely free when they do appear, meaning 2 pieces of gear at the same item level will have a considerable difference in their performance when Leech/Avoidance appear on one of them, because the secondary stats are not affected whatsoever. If we were to say that Leech is worth 0.75 Mastery (it's not, this is purely theoretical, it is just to illustrate my point), having 50 Leech on an item is the same as having an extra 37.5 Mastery, which could be equivalent to multiple item level upgrades, depending on the character. 

You aren't meant to farm them, but when you do get them, you need to seriously consider how incredibly powerful they are given that they are basically free healing or free damage reduction. 

On 8/22/2018 at 11:01 PM, Guest Zamirot said:

hello, I'm just wondering why you advice the crit weapon enchant for raiding since all other enchants/gem are mastery ?

Also Weapon Enchant - Coastal Surge seems to never proc atm 

For raids, this is included under the table:

There are three recommended Weapon enchants due to all three potentially being the best choice. More testing is being conducted currently to see which one will perform best on live servers. Once a clear winner is found, we will update the selection.