FORUMS
Valks

Assassination Rogue 8.3

Guest steve2563

Master Poisoner is really 40%? Tooltip says 30%. Checked the class tuning hotfixes and no sign of increase. Thanks!

I've notified Grayhound of all of the above. All 3 will be fixed in a commit later today/tomorrow, depending on when it is deployed. Thanks for letting us know, everyone!

Guest Blastyface
17 hours ago, Guest Blastyface said:

I believe the opener should look like this...

1. Use Potion of Prolonged Power Icon Potion of Prolonged Power at 1 second on the pull countdown.
  2. Apply Garrote Icon Garrote.
  3. Cast Mutilate Icon Mutilate.
  4. Activate Vanish Icon Vanish.
  5. Apply Rupture Icon Rupture.
  6. Activate Vendetta Icon Vendetta.
  7. Cast Mutilate Icon Mutilate.
  8. Cast Toxic Blade Icon Toxic Blade.
  9. Cast Envenom Icon Envenom.
  10. Cast Mutilate Icon Mutilate.
  11. Cast Envenom Icon Envenom.

Can someone confirm?

Pertaining to my earlier comment, I believe this is only true if you've taken Nightstalker as your tier 2 talent. 

52 minutes ago, Guest Blastyface said:

Pertaining to my earlier comment, I believe this is only true if you've taken Nightstalker as your tier 2 talent. 

This is no longer a desired talent, so I think the current opener should be correct. It was only marked as being good by mistake.

Guest Blastyface
On 7/18/2018 at 8:20 AM, Blainie said:

This is no longer a desired talent, so I think the current opener should be correct. It was only marked as being good by mistake.

On 7/18/2018 at 8:20 AM, Blainie said:

Thanks so much for clarifying this. 

Guest Soranex

Why vanish before envenom while using Subterfuge? Envenom doesn't benefit from vanish unless using Master Assassin or Nightstalker. Subterfuge only increases damage of Garrote

Guest Vokail

I'd recommend using marked for death over vigor. Your energy generation should come from your haste and getting damage out there and marked for death is instant 5 combo points. Furthermore 5 combo points takes at least two mutilates and thus is the essentially free 100 energy which is more than the 50 from vigor. You get this free 100 ever 30 seconds or sooner if you kill your target faster. Overall the boost in DPS, free combo points, energy leach (if you use leaching poison), and refresh rate of this talent makes it the clear choice.

i am no rogue main ( yet) but i have been running 3,2,1,2,2,1,1 for talents and i ve had no problem with mobs or people, as i play with warmode on. Feel free to correct me though, i may end up actually switching vigor for MFD^^^ since ol boy up here said it was better and it does kinda make sense.

2 hours ago, Guest Vokail said:

I'd recommend using marked for death over vigor. Your energy generation should come from your haste and getting damage out there and marked for death is instant 5 combo points. Furthermore 5 combo points takes at least two mutilates and thus is the essentially free 100 energy which is more than the 50 from vigor. You get this free 100 ever 30 seconds or sooner if you kill your target faster. Overall the boost in DPS, free combo points, energy leach (if you use leaching poison), and refresh rate of this talent makes it the clear choice.

Have you tried simming yourself to check this? It's great that you've given thought to this, but it can checked almost instantly by just simming the two talents against each other.

It's a 1.2% loss for me to take MfD on single target. I checked other rogues from WLogs, saw anywhere from a 0.8-1.5% loss. None of them showed MfD being higher. 

44 minutes ago, UzgulKingslayer said:

i am no rogue main ( yet) but i have been running 3,2,1,2,2,1,1 for talents and i ve had no problem with mobs or people, as i play with warmode on. Feel free to correct me though, i may end up actually switching vigor for MFD^^^ since ol boy up here said it was better and it does kinda make sense.

I'd stick to Vigor for now for raiding - you can change to MfD if you need PvP burst or you are chaining mobs for easy resets, but otherwise I'd keep Vigor.

On 7/21/2018 at 1:15 AM, Guest Soranex said:

Why vanish before envenom while using Subterfuge? Envenom doesn't benefit from vanish unless using Master Assassin or Nightstalker. Subterfuge only increases damage of Garrote

You get the garrote bonus with the tail end of subterfuge buff. I've moved it 1 position up to make sure you can do it even on high latency. Since other abilities don't gain anything, you simply do rotation as normal. This also gets you a pandemic on garrote duration.

Can someone go into greater depth regarding the stats? Before it was (after agility) mastery>crit>vers>haste. Could someone explain why haste is now very important, and why mastery is third despite it now also effecting the damage of Rupture and Garrote?

Just now, krapmyself said:

Can someone go into greater depth regarding the stats? Before it was (after agility) mastery>crit>vers>haste. Could someone explain why haste is now very important, and why mastery is third despite it now also effecting the damage of Rupture and Garrote?

Haste increases tick rate --> more energy from VW procs
You also get more energy overall

As a result : Haste increases all damage, and gets extra synergy due to more VW procs

Mastery is still good, but it doesn't have any extra synergy, that we can see in other stats :

Haste - Extra VW procs

Crit - Extra CP procs

So while haste/mastery/crit all increase damage, haste and crit also generate resources, which at the current tuning and scaling make them outweight mastery.

On 7/28/2018 at 8:59 PM, Guest puj said:

typo on blindside description just read it out loud

Fixing, thanks!

Guest Rogue1

I was looking at the rotation for using Vanish. Subterfuge is arguably the best talent. Should I be using Vanish for the extra Garrote damage every time, or should I just be using it for an Evenom? (Your opener says to use Evenom)

12 hours ago, Guest Rogue1 said:

I was looking at the rotation for using Vanish. Subterfuge is arguably the best talent. Should I be using Vanish for the extra Garrote damage every time, or should I just be using it for an Evenom? (Your opener says to use Evenom)

You have a 3 second window after each vanish's "opener" to apply garrote. In the suggested opener, you're using envenom, simply because it's there in the rotation, but you are still refreshing garrote within the bonus damage window.

Guest Colino

Is there any knowledge about a haste "cap"?  a certain percentage from where haste falls below crit/mastery? seeing a lot of crit mastery and versa on leather gear in BFA just wondering if I should collect some of those pieces to potentially fill up other slots if i have sufficient haste.

On 8/5/2018 at 12:10 PM, Guest Colino said:

Is there any knowledge about a haste "cap"?  a certain percentage from where haste falls below crit/mastery? seeing a lot of crit mastery and versa on leather gear in BFA just wondering if I should collect some of those pieces to potentially fill up other slots if i have sufficient haste.

Not sure any reasonable value on ST, but it falls off on multi-target.

On 7/16/2018 at 11:53 AM, Blainie said:

This thread is for comments about our Assassination Rogue guide for the Battle for Azeroth pre-patch.

Hey there.. Did i miss something? Why is the Talent "Prey on the Weak" selected if there is no mention of using "Cheap Shot" or "Kidney Shot" in the rotation?

40 minutes ago, PtCoon said:

Hey there.. Did i miss something? Why is the Talent "Prey on the Weak" selected if there is no mention of using "Cheap Shot" or "Kidney Shot" in the rotation?

None of them are a dps gain normally, and you don't use Cheap Shot or Kidney shot in rotation, but if you happen to use it (leveling/cc on a dungeon mob/etc), this talent will give you the most benefit.

Guys, i have one question. Does Nightstalker Talent buff up the Rupture's damage?
Because the tooltip does not change to reflect the damage buff, while other tooltips get the updated damage whenever i enter stealth.

For example, if i Stealth > Mark for Death  > Rupture, will that Rupture do 50% more damage?

Thanks