FORUMS
Valks

Assassination Rogue 8.3

Guest Boop in the Snoot

Any plans to update the guide... Last update was in august and there have been a multitude of changes.

Guest Suhl_Madmortem

From which % is Master Poisoner better than Eloborate Planing? Something like 30%?

On 9/18/2018 at 11:52 PM, Guest UnPerdu said:

what is good % of criti , hast and mast for assa

You're always better of simming it with Raidbots.

On 9/30/2018 at 10:44 PM, Guest Suhl_Madmortem said:

From which % is Master Poisoner better than Eloborate Planing? Something like 30%?

Use the talent comparison sim on Raidbots and you can get an exact %-difference between the two talents for your character. It will vary depending on gear, item level, etc.

Guest Pooxy

Could someone please say what +10RA or +5RA in azerite traits mean? Im confused. For example whats difference between "Laser matrix" vs "Laser matrix +10RA"? Thanks.

2 hours ago, Guest Pooxy said:

Could someone please say what +10RA or +5RA in azerite traits mean? Im confused. For example whats difference between "Laser matrix" vs "Laser matrix +10RA"? Thanks.

The Uldir Azerite traits add a stacking buff every week. The +5 or +10 numbers reference the stacks on that buff.

Guest Loggi

A quick question for M+.
Is it better to garrote as many enemies as possible at the start of the fight or Garrote > rupture, garrote > rupture. Since you can get 5 cp with shrouded suffocation with a single garrote wouldn´t that be better than garroting a 3rd target?

Guest Ycuos

Hello there, quick question ^^  do we use vanish on cooldown to apply Garote even if the Pandemic won't apply ?

Guest Ycuos

Also, another question related to vanish (im having trouble with that spell ^^') :
Do I use vanish to refresh garote, which will be empowered since I use Subterfuge, or do I use it with vendetta ? I've been looking on a couple forums for that and I never got a clear answer, and it's bugging me a lot because I never know when to use vanish. Thanks !

Hi

I have made a Sim for stat weights on Raidbots.com and it places haste behind everything. What am I missing? I have followed the video guide for Assa rogue simulation given in this guide (chapter error and mistakes), and it clearly says to use the weights given by this tool.

Here are my weights I got:

Agi 4.07

Mast 4.4

Crit 4

Versa 3.48

Haste 2.46

Guest Blastyface

Would you mind eleborating on energy pooling? 

While looking into sims the action priority list states: envenom,if=combo_points>=4+talent.deeper_stratagem.enabled&(debuff.vendetta.up|debuff.toxic_blade.up|energy.deficit<=25+variable.energy_regen_combined|!variable.single_target)&(!talent.exsanguinate.enabled|cooldown.exsanguinate.remains>2)
Envenom at 4+ (5+ with DS) CP. Immediately on 2+ targets, with Vendetta, or with TB; otherwise wait for some energy. Also wait if Exsg combo is coming up.

The sample sequence table has me pooling energy (outside of vendetta/toxic blade) to around 125 before using envenom. 

Can you explain if/why this correct And how it would benefit assassination rogue damage? 

Guest D_Lance
On 11/29/2018 at 8:28 AM, Guest Blastyface said:

Would you mind eleborating on energy pooling? 

While looking into sims the action priority list states: envenom,if=combo_points>=4+talent.deeper_stratagem.enabled&(debuff.vendetta.up|debuff.toxic_blade.up|energy.deficit<=25+variable.energy_regen_combined|!variable.single_target)&(!talent.exsanguinate.enabled|cooldown.exsanguinate.remains>2)
Envenom at 4+ (5+ with DS) CP. Immediately on 2+ targets, with Vendetta, or with TB; otherwise wait for some energy. Also wait if Exsg combo is coming up.

The sample sequence table has me pooling energy (outside of vendetta/toxic blade) to around 125 before using envenom. 

Can you explain if/why this correct And how it would benefit assassination rogue damage? 

It's correct, with Elaborate Planning, you want to pool energy before casting a finisher so your Mutilate casts get the benefit from it.

Guest Prestoo

Curious why it doesn't say to use a kraken's eye agi gems along side leviathion's eye's before gemming crit

On 8/1/2019 at 3:37 PM, Guest Prestoo said:

Curious why it doesn't say to use a kraken's eye agi gems along side leviathion's eye's before gemming crit

Kraken's is 80 Agi, Levi is 100 Agi. It will depend on your stat weights whether or not Kraken is worth using.

Guest Stonee

I remember there use to be a table with the best in slot gear out of dungeons for raiding. Can you please put a link to that?

Guest Oneknight1984

Been awhile since I've played a Mut rogue lol (early MoP) I guess Slice and Dice is no longer part of the priority list or it just doesn't exist at all anymore or what? Just curious is all, thanks

Statweights differ heavily based on your gear, azerite traits, essences and a bunch of other variables. It is therefore always recommended to sim yourself to get the best results for your individual setup.