FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Valks

Elemental Shaman 8.3

Guest Zennen

Hey.

Should considering adding some information regarding essences on the rotation page.

Adding details on every essence use in the rotation would be both ridiculously complicated and bloated. The rule of thumb should be to use them as soon as they're available in most (logical) circumstances, unless you want to keep them for a specific burst period/adds. In the priority list you would place basically every essence use just below maintaining Flame Shock. 

Guest Kuffancs

In a strictly single-target scenario, using the recommended talent build with Master of the ElementsMaster of the Elements.

Let's say I have just used Lava BurstLava Burst and gained Master of the ElementsMaster of the Element, I do not have enough Maelstrom to cast Earth Shock, I have IcefuryIcefury available and also another charge of Lava BurstLava Burst In this exact scenario, what should I do?

1. Following the priority list, I would cast Lava BurstLava Burst , overwriting and wasting a Master of the ElementsMaster of the Elements proc.

2. Cast IcefuryIcefury, buffed by Master of the ElementsMaster of the Elements , this could lead to a wasted Lava BurstLava Burst charge though and thus also, a wasted Master of the ElementsMaster of the Elements . (Let's say that Lava BurstLava Burst is not close to getting 2 charges, but obviously could get the second charge through Lava SurgeLava Surge .

3. Cast a Master of the ElementsMaster of the Elements buffed Lightning BoltLightning Bolt, which is a better use of the buff than using it on IcefuryIcefury, altough this unnecessarily delays IcefuryIcefury, while also carrying the risk of wasting a Lava BurstLava Burst.

I think this question could be answered by placing a Master of the ElementsMaster of the Elements buffed IcefuryIcefury, and a Master of the ElementsMaster of the Elements buffed Lightning BoltLightning Bolt in the priority list. I understand this is a very niche question, and it probably has only a minimal effect on our damage output, still, it bugs me a little bit.

If I'm reading you correctly, you should be most likely casting a MotE-empowered Lightning Bolt, then Lava Burst and Icefury. The problem with giving exact answers about Icefury is that "delaying Icefury" only matters if you lose a use (and the subsequent frost shocks), and that value changes constantly. So overall, assuming you're just patchwerking and cooldowns don't matter for the next 40 seconds or so, it should be worth delaying Icefury a little bit.

On your second comment, there is no real need to put a MotE-buffed Icefury on the priority list, as it would be below MotE lightning bolt, making it irrelevant, although as per my previous paragraph, in extremely niche scenarios it might in fact be a minuscule gain to use MotE-buffed Icefury. This is indicated in my dedicated Master of the Elements paragraph (2.4) in https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/elemental-shaman-pve-dps-rotation-cooldowns-abilities 

For the same reason, MotE-empowered Lightning Bolt would be placed just above "Cast Icefury" in the priority list. You're right that this is a relevant scenario however, and I may add it to the priority list for clarity's sake, although it is implied in the dedicated MotE paragraph. I don't want to bloat the priority list itself too much if I can avoid to, but I will consider adding this line.  

Guest Guest

Heyo! In the 3+ targets section of the dps rotation page, the link to "Eye of the Storm" Doesn't go to the correct spell. =)