FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Valks

Enhancement Shaman 8.3

17 hours ago, Guest Woohou said:

Hi guys  i have a little question since the last patch , is the  Primal build is still worth after the 30% nerf on the azerit trait ? 

Yes, still perfectly viable for single target fights, just a bit worse off when cleave gets involved.

• Like 1

Guest Tyrsky

Are the Vision of Perfection and the Memory of Lucid Dreams Essences really good (BiS) for the Primal Primer build or should I use the higher tier Essences even with Primal Primer build?

43 minutes ago, Guest Tyrsky said:

Are the Vision of Perfection and the Memory of Lucid Dreams Essences really good (BiS) for the Primal Primer build or should I use the higher tier Essences even with Primal Primer build?

They are just good options, Essences right now haven't got determined "BiS" options because thier testing has largely been limited to a few encounters, a few dungeons and Proving Grounds. Neither of the two options you're referencing are going to be available for the next couple of weeks so this page may change before then when we have more data. I wouldn't expect either of those to be lock ins for Primer however, just better than alternatives that aren't in the same tier as them.

Hi there,

I got a few (very specific) questions regarding gearing my Enhancement Shaman in the upcoming 8.3. patch (background to these questions below, TL;DR currently stuck to PUGging M+ and therefore want to maximize iLvl for better chances to get invites to M+ and raids and maximize DPS for better performance) and hoped that this venue here might help getting some of them answered.

• Weapons: I'm currently running 445 Diver's Folly MH and 445 Claw of the Myrmidon OH. However, they came out barely better than my 430 Bile-Stained Crawg Tusks in SIMs. Apparently the BSCT effect is very powerful. When I dual-equipped them they usually did around 3-5% of my DPS in single-target fights and simmed way better than any comparable weapon at that iLvL. Just wanted to get your feedback, since I haven't seen any deep discussion on these weapons, if anyone can confirm how powerful they are. I currently intend to run UR+10 (getting to +15 might take a while) as soon as possible and even coin it to get two BSCT at iLvl 460. Does anyone have an opinion on this? Am I missing/getting something wrong about these weapons?
  • Trinkets: Ashvane's Razor Coral seems to be the best trinket at this time by far and - unless I got my SIMs wrong - my 430 Coral (with a socket) seems to be better than the 460 trinkets from M+ (I SIMed Harlan's Loaded Dice and Dead-Eye Spyglass, since I found Galecaller's Boon too situational due to movement restrictions). Again, can anyone confirm how powerful that trinket is? Because my current thinking is that I might actually have to run Mythic TEP in 8.3. to get the 445 version, which would be BiS from the sources of gear available to me. On that note, does anyone know if TEP can still warforge/titanforge during 8.3. (which would make Mythic TEP runs even more mandatory)?
  • Rings: With Mechagon being added to the M+ system, it seems that the Mechagon Rings will be very powerful, but I did not yet find any deeper discussion on them. From SIMs, I get that Logic Loop of Division (DMG enemy while behind them) and Overclocking Bit Band (Haste Proc) will be the best options at comparable iLvls. Has anyone done any deeper thinking/testing about them yet? 
  • Azerite: This is my first participation in the beginning of a season, so I wanted to know how best to approach it. Since in this patch I got three "bad" tokens out of four tokens that I could afford at Mythic iLvl so far, I was wondering if it made more sense to roll (the much cheaper) Heroic tokens until you get a BiS combination (e.g. Sethraliss' Fanged Helm / Hood of the Dark Reaper, Crashguard Spaulders, Deathslaver's Hauberk) or if I should buy Mythic tokens immediately?
  • Stats Weight: Throughout gearing in 8.2.5., I always checked my stats weight and usually Haste, Crit and Vers came out very close to each other. With all stats being equal, I usually prefer Vers since it also reduces the damage taken, but I'm not sure how far I should "push" this before it affects DPS output too much. Is there any recommendation or rule of thumb that you can offer to this issue?

Hoping to find some answers to these questions, already thankful to anyone who engages here.

Thanks and cheers!

[Short background to those who care: I am a returning WoW player who got back into the game during 8.2.5. Always played Enhancement Shaman in the past, and no matter the state of the class in the current meta, I want to keep playing it. Finished my university studies and wanted to get back into high-end PvE content (M+ and Mythic raiding). During the past few months, I managed to run keys up to the ~12-14 range, cleared heroic TEP a few times and got the first three bosses down in Mythic, all with random groups. I will most likely be limited to M+ and whatever random raid groups I can find for the first few weeks of 8.3. before I finally find the time for applying to guilds, will probably aim for CE guilds.]

Guest Rix

So, it appears that at least part of the Rotation guide for Enhancement is incorrect. As per the guide "Crash Lightning is simple on the surface, but has a relatively complex set of mechanics behind it.While this is no longer used in the single target rotation unless taking Crashing Storm due to the increased strength of Lava Lash in Battle for Azeroth..."

Kind of ironic that you tell us not to use Crash Lightning on single target when you yourself used it 21 times on a pure single target fight.