FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Valks

Restoration Shaman 8.3

They are perfectly fine to use, armor is not of much use in pve as most damage you take is magical in nature and not physical!

Guest Collwyr

I'm curious about some of the traits you deem'd to be better than others. some of them (to me) seem really weak, I was wondering if you could possibly explain why they are higher up on the list and how they will actually benefit. for example "swelling stream" i've had this as a trait on a previous piece (normal one) and I thought it looked really terrible considering it didn't heal for much (roughly 1.1k) on the first initial hit with the chain heal, but then its reduced by 30% additionally after each jump which seems incredibly weak. furthermore it does it once every 3 seconds and healing stream only lasts for 15 seconds.

is the initial value based off the ilvl of the item the trait is on, or off some other number? seems a little silly if its based off the ilvl seeing as the traits per item is randomized and item that has a higher ilvl and a semi-lower trait (lets say rank ? would be better than the previous one because the initial values of the rank 8 trait would be much higher than a rank 1 trait of a lower ilvl item.

Heya, the listed values are when considering all traits at the same item level.

For Swelling specifically, I did some testing already on live and, indeed, its not good for dungeons because it wastes a lot of healing in sub-par jumps. For raiding it should still be pretty good, but all of the listed traits are relatively close to each other, just because Swelling Streams is currently #1 (which can change as we test other options more + analyse the first raid logs) it doesn't mean it heals for a lot more than the rest. You should be very safe just using whatever item you have with highest item level and picking the best trait of the list that is on it, don't bother using low level gear just because of "better" traits, at least for now!

Guest Grabnmytotem

Do these traits stack? Some tanks in our guild are advising that they aren't seeing them stacking.

Guest Collwyr

thanks for the response, i was kind of coming to the same conclusion myself, thanks for the quick reply and look forward to seeing the post get updated as more data is figured out through tests! 

keep up the good work! 

For restoration shaman, right now, all traits do stack. This means that, if you have multiples of the same trait, the healing they do / stats they give when they proc will increase accordingly.

There seemed to be some diminishing returns when I had multiple swelling stream traits (as in, 2x of them did not double my healing) but it could easily be because of changing gear / stats so don't take it as granted until more testing is done.

Guest Scuttle

Hey,

Is mastery really that weak to get now, I know you talk about it just not being that worth while to have over the other stats atm. However is there a minimum that should be gotten at least or a mimimum where it is nice to have or is it a case of screw mastery just literally stack int > crit > vers all the way regardless?

There are no "minimums to get" of any stat. If anything, you should try to have Critical Strike as the stat (rating, not %) that you have most of, so that the Uldir-only secondary trait bonus gives you Critlcal Strike.

Even if you have 0 mastery rating you will have 24% mastery by default, which covers the level at which this stat is most significant. Since you should always prioritize Item Level / Intellect you will naturally gain more from gear and thus have a pretty good mastery level without trying for it.

TL:DR stack int > crit > vers all the way, but don't run away from items with Mastery on it if they have high Intellect as well!

Guest Scuttle
On 8/30/2018 at 11:25 AM, Seksi said:

There are no "minimums to get" of any stat. If anything, you should try to have Critical Strike as the stat (rating, not %) that you have most of, so that the Uldir-only secondary trait bonus gives you Critlcal Strike.

Even if you have 0 mastery rating you will have 24% mastery by default, which covers the level at which this stat is most significant. Since you should always prioritize Item Level / Intellect you will naturally gain more from gear and thus have a pretty good mastery level without trying for it.

TL:DR stack int > crit > vers all the way, but don't run away from items with Mastery on it if they have high Intellect as well!

Okay, brilliant thank you!!

Guest Hiyori

So for M+ whats are the best stats? cos I'm thinking haste can't go a miss?

Guest absolom

With the upcoming fixes on the 11th/12th  of september will Torrent become more important in both dungeons and raids  over  Undulation and Unleash life  , or are the fixes  too minor to make any real change to the prio.

On 9/7/2018 at 4:13 PM, Guest Hiyori said:

So for M+ whats are the best stats? cos I'm thinking haste can't go a miss?

As stated in the guide's text, Haste is more valuable in dungeons than raids. That makes it about as good as Critical Strike there.

5 hours ago, Guest absolom said:

With the upcoming fixes on the 11th/12th  of september will Torrent become more important in both dungeons and raids  over  Undulation and Unleash life  , or are the fixes  too minor to make any real change to the prio.

Its unfortunately too minor to change the priority here, as Torrent only affects a small part of the Riptide, anyway.

Guest Lurchus

I'm sry to say it but first looking and mw guide and now this for my classes i feelike some one read loosly what they do never rly played it, still a good piece of inormation though i don't agree

Restoration Shaman has always had great utility with a lot of different tools at it`s disposal. With 8.1 coming up, do you think it will be better suited for tank healing in the future (Mythic+)? If so, will Blizzard take away some of that utility to keep resto balanced in regard to the PvP scene? What changes would you like to see the most?

So far, the announced 8.1 changes relate to Chain Heal and increase its baseline healing by a lot, while reworking High Tide.

This won't help tank healing much directly, but allows you to use it to get tidal waves while healing the group in dungeons without feeling (as) silly. Still, don't expect tank healing to be a shaman "thing" anytime soon, but it should be decent enough for m+ as it already is today, while AoE burst healing will be quite improved from current status in dungeons.

Since our buff isn't that incredible when compared to what other healers currently have, I don't think there will be any nerfs / need to take away shaman utility. Also the PvP scene is balanced differently from PvE and both enha (off-healing + burst) and resto shamans (no cd SLT + huge heal after casting SLT azerite trait) were quite OP there for a little bit but just as quickly nerfed.

Guest Smalldamage

Hey I have a lot of crit on my character I dont know if that is good to have a lot of crit and forget about the other stats. Can you tell me what is the best percentage for each stats thanks

Guest Savior trait value

You have the Savior trait down as Heals targets below 35% health. It is actually 50%, Would this increase it's value? I'm trying to decide between Savior and Earthlink. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.

Heya, good point, it was buffed in a patch after release, I'll fix that today still.

Unfortunately the azerite spreadsheet (updated for today's patch 8.1.5 already) still puts it as the weakest trait in that row and I haven't really seen any logs of it doing a crazy amount of healing, so I'd go with Earthlink, which will also increase your DPS slightly.

Guest Ralgamaziel

Hi Seksi,

In the Battle of Dazar'alor page, for King Rastakhan, is there any reason why you don't suggest using Tremor Totem to break the charm from Zombie Dust Totem?

Just a lapse, thought I mentioned that already since its what I've been doing from the moment we got there.

I'll update it today, thanks!

Guest Ralgamaziel

Hi Seksi

I discover a contradiction between two pages of this guide :

"Easy mode" page, 7.4. Essences :
Worldvein Resonance [...] is the best general major essence to use.

"Essences" page , 3. Mandatory Essences :
Its major power (Worldvein Resonance) is mostly forgettable.

So which essences should we use ? 

Still under testing, to be fair, but that is just a description typo on the essence page left over from the old text, before Worldvein was massively buffed this patch. It looks to be very strong right now, and also easy to use plus it also buffs most of your other teammates, making it a really nice essence in 8.3!