FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Valks

Affliction Warlock 8.3

1 hour ago, ldhenderson95 said:

I just wanted to be the first to say THANK YOU!

Our pleasure! 

46 minutes ago, Guest Skreel said:

Is there a suggested pet summons to use?

"Using the Imp for its Blood Pact Icon Blood Pact aura and Singe Magic Icon Singe Magic ability is recommended, unless you require an interrupt or purge from the Felhunter."

• Like 2

Guest Skuzz

I know the guide says Pre-Patch for legendaries, but people might use that same logic for BFA leveling and for that I strongly advise against using Prydaz since you will get your BFA Azerite Neck item very fast and it will replace any other neck item for the rest of BFA.

14 minutes ago, arednie said:

Thank you very much. Any chance you might add PVP talent option recommendations soon? xx

Adding them very shortly, yes! 

3 minutes ago, Guest Skuzz said:

I know the guide says Pre-Patch for legendaries, but people might use that same logic for BFA leveling and for that I strongly advise against using Prydaz since you will get your BFA Azerite Neck item very fast and it will replace any other neck item for the rest of BFA.

That's a good point. I will have a separate guide for leveling with specific recommendations, but I highly recommend picking up a Sephuz!

Guest Khanlock

Great help!  Thanks.  Has anyone come up with a macro yet that puts Vile Taint over your target?  That's going to be time consuming to manually place it every time.

Guest Coldshatter

So, is the S tier the better choices and it goes down in rank to the D-tier?  Just making sure I understand your rankings.  Thanks!

1 minute ago, Guest Coldshatter said:

So, is the S tier the better choices and it goes down in rank to the D-tier?  Just making sure I understand your rankings.  Thanks!

That's correct.

Guest Noren

Hello,

So I am an old school vanilla thru Wrath player and just came back and as you can imagine the game is totally different.

I am in my 5th day now and have a question about versatility...why is it ranked so low on priority?  The definition put out is a straight out damage increase and damage reduction on dmg taken .   Seems great to me.  Is the buff minuscule and doesn't do much and thats why its number 5?

thanks

Guest Lignar

When is Haunt recommended to use?

Before you applied all your dots or after?

Guest Cloak

Taking Creeping Death with Deathbolt is counterintuitive. I’d suggest Dark Soul: Misery.

2 hours ago, Guest Noren said:

Hello,

So I am an old school vanilla thru Wrath player and just came back and as you can imagine the game is totally different.

I am in my 5th day now and have a question about versatility...why is it ranked so low on priority?  The definition put out is a straight out damage increase and damage reduction on dmg taken .   Seems great to me.  Is the buff minuscule and doesn't do much and thats why its number 5?

thanks

For the simplest reason you can imagine; it's just balanced by the developers to be a generally weaker stat. For example, before this recent pre-patch, it took 375 Haste for 1% and 475 Versatility for 1%. In addition to steeper costs, it doesn't have any effect on your resource generation, and most classes have at least one stat that does (usually Haste/Crit). 

Guest Zendarin

Dark Pact Icon Dark Pact is a good option for encounters where you need to soak a mechanic or survive a telegraphed amount of high damage. 

What does telegraphed mean here? I'm super confused. Thanks!

10 minutes ago, Guest Zendarin said:

It means when the boss is going to use a big super move that's going to do a lot of damage and you can see it coming. So many bosses will charge up a laser or there will be some animation or audio clue that lets your know (telegraphs) that a big ouchie ability is about to come. First example off the top of my head would be garrosh from SoO, in his sha phases he cast annihilate ability, he would lean back very slowly and you would start to see the triangle hit box appear, that is telegraphed, telling you that the ability is coming ?

so when you see the big animation coming you use dark pact as a defensive cooldown, so that you don't get dead by the big super laser death beam of destruction or what have you 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Guest Zendarin said:

Tri is correct, but! A more up-to-date example would be any of the mechanics on Garothi Worldbreaker. The slam has a long cast time so you know exactly when it will hit, the explosions from Annihilation, the damage from Decimate. It's just an ability you know will hit you, as opposed to a random, instant hit from an ability or melee attack.

3 hours ago, Blainie said:

Tri is correct, but! A more up-to-date example would be any of the mechanics on Garothi Worldbreaker. The slam has a long cast time so you know exactly when it will hit, the explosions from Annihilation, the damage from Decimate. It's just an ability you know will hit you, as opposed to a random, instant hit from an ability or melee attack.

It's especially good in really high levels of Mythic+, where we rely on it as our only means of surviving certain abilities.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Drakolich said:

Could you please guys add the Strengths and Weakness from each Warlock's specs on the guides pages?

We'll look into getting them up!

6 hours ago, Drakolich said:

Could you please guys add the Strengths and Weakness from each Warlock's specs on the guides pages?

I'll add them back to the guides soon. I removed them with the pre-patch as it wasn't entirely clear how some of the changes would play at level 100.

• Thanks 1

Guest Guest20000000

The suggestion for talents is incorrect currently on live.  Tier one should be either Nightfall or Drain Soul.  Tier 2 is Siphon Life.  Tier 4 is Phantom Singularity.  If you do the math damage divided by time (this is what is dps) you will see I am correct.