FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Valks

Demonology Warlock 8.3

• Hand of Gul'dan Icon Hand of Gul'dan now costs 1-3 Soul Shards, and generates 1-3 Soul Shards based on the amount of Shards consumed.

Yo,

Typo here, i assumed you wanted to mean :

"now costs 1-3 Soul Shards, and generates  1- 3 Imps based on the..."

I understand that Imps and SS are quite similar for a Demologist, but SS are far less disposable !! ? 

Edited by LeGoret
This post is Typo's cursed !

50 minutes ago, LeGoret said:
  • Hand of Gul'dan Icon Hand of Gul'dan now costs 1-3 Soul Shards, and generates 1-3 Soul Shards based on the amount of Shards consumed.

Yo,

Typo here, i assumed you wanted to mean :

"now costs 1-3 Soul Shards, and generates  1- 3 Imps based on the..."

I understand that Imps and SS are quite similar for a Demologist, but SS are far less disposable !! ? 

Fixing this, thanks!

Guest Terragis

Demonology got hit a little in the last minute tunings, grimoire felguard has a 2 min cd and 25% increased damage now. Bilescourge bombers got a small power buff, and imposion got a power nerf. Also noticed their overall attack power is very slightly weaker and their passive got nerfed a bit in power. Was just looking here for tips and noticed these things were a little off.

1 hour ago, Guest Terragis said:

Demonology got hit a little in the last minute tunings, grimoire felguard has a 2 min cd and 25% increased damage now. Bilescourge bombers got a small power buff, and imposion got a power nerf. Also noticed their overall attack power is very slightly weaker and their passive got nerfed a bit in power. Was just looking here for tips and noticed these things were a little off.

This is coming in an update from Furty, he's working hard to get things up-to-date with all the hotfixes happening! He had this to say on the stuff you mentioned:

Grimoire: Felguard is no longer a go-to in any situation. Bilescourge is still hardly used, and the number of targets for Implosion to be worthwhile increased.

Hope this helps a bit!

Guest Terragis
7 minutes ago, Blainie said:

This is coming in an update from Furty, he's working hard to get things up-to-date with all the hotfixes happening! He had this to say on the stuff you mentioned:

Hope this helps a bit!

It does! Thank you and him for the quick looks ?

Guest Itthil

which legendaries are a better pair for demonology on the pre patch?

Guest Terragis
1 hour ago, Guest Itthil said:

I like using the 2 that up your demonic tyrant personally since they also won't interfere with azerite armor when we start leveling. 1 reduces the cd on him when you summon demons I think it was? And the other made it so when you summoned him for 25 sec all your demons do 15% more damage.

I feel like those actually work pretty well but I'm trying to find combos that I don't have to replace for azerite armor.

2 hours ago, Guest Itthil said:

53 minutes ago, Guest Terragis said:

I like using the 2 that up your demonic tyrant personally since they also won't interfere with azerite armor when we start leveling. 1 reduces the cd on him when you summon demons I think it was? And the other made it so when you summoned him for 25 sec all your demons do 15% more damage.

I feel like those actually work pretty well but I'm trying to find combos that I don't have to replace for azerite armor.

Wilfrid's Sigil is extremely powerful currently - see the Gear page for a quick reference. 

I noticed that Wakener's Loyalty isn't listed in the Demonology Legendaries. The equip has been changed from buffing your artifact to a flat 3% damage update. Will it be added once sims can be done?

23 minutes ago, Diabolist said:

I noticed that Wakener's Loyalty isn't listed in the Demonology Legendaries. The equip has been changed from buffing your artifact to a flat 3% damage update. Will it be added once sims can be done?

I'll update this to make it more clear - Reap and Sow, Wakener's Loyalty, and Lessons of Space Time all have the same passive effect and priority ranking, with the determining factor being preference of slot.

• Like 1

Guest Terragis

Forgive me I'm not a huge min maxer so when I took a look at new stat priorities I was heavily interested in (and don't have a way to test it) haste. Does more haste actually speed up demon attack and casting speeds? If so which ones? All? Certain abilities such as nether portal or vilefiend from talents? This part had me genuinely curious about the specifics as I really like the new spec and want to know more about its ins and outs.

5 minutes ago, Guest Terragis said:

Forgive me I'm not a huge min maxer so when I took a look at new stat priorities I was heavily interested in (and don't have a way to test it) haste. Does more haste actually speed up demon attack and casting speeds? If so which ones? All? Certain abilities such as nether portal or vilefiend from talents? This part had me genuinely curious about the specifics as I really like the new spec and want to know more about its ins and outs.

That's right, Haste and Critical Strike have always scaled with pets.

15 hours ago, Furty said:

I'll update this to make it more clear - Reap and Sow, Wakener's Loyalty, and Lessons of Space Time all have the same passive effect and priority ranking, with the determining factor being preference of slot.

Thank you for the clarification. I had not noticed Reap and Sow and Lessons of Space Time had the same passive effect. I played Demonology strictly in Legion and those legendaries are in the bank. ?

• Like 1

Guest Tinyish

There's an issue with the single target priority. According to what is currently listed you would never use Demonbolt if you only have one Demonic Core charge.

It should be: 
8. Cast Demonbolt if you have a Demonic Core.
9. Cast Hand of Gul'dan Icon Hand of Gul'dan with 3 Soul Shards.
10. Cast Shadow Bolt Icon Shadow Bolt to generate Soul Shards.

10 minutes ago, Guest Tinyish said:

There's an issue with the single target priority. According to what is currently listed you would never use Demonbolt if you only have one Demonic Core charge.

It should be: 
8. Cast Demonbolt if you have a Demonic Core.
9. Cast Hand of Gul'dan Icon Hand of Gul'dan with 3 Soul Shards.
10. Cast Shadow Bolt Icon Shadow Bolt to generate Soul Shards.

I kind of left this nebulous because either priority is disingenuous - that's why I went to some effort to explain the use of Demonic Core in other sections. Demonbolt isn't necessarily higher priority than Shadow Bolt if your goal is to save stacks of Demonic Core, for instance. 

Guest Kuffancs

Does anyone have a weakaura script for tracking the number of active imps?

Guest Meh

1 Target and 4 Target? Care to explain on this a little? Does it make much difference if you build for 4 when hitting single and vice versa?

1 hour ago, Guest Meh said:

1 Target and 4 Target? Care to explain on this a little? Does it make much difference if you build for 4 when hitting single and vice versa?

It depends on how you perceive "much of a difference". If you're a nearly exclusively Mythic+ player, for example, then yes, you will notice a difference in building more for cleave/multitarget. If you're doing a little of everything, my recommendation is just to value Haste and Mastery as around equal. Having too little of either one will lower your DPS as they do scale in synergy with each other.

I know you probably don't hear this much, but thank you for putting up the easy mode option.  It makes life a lot easier for a casual player and I can develop a more complex play stile in my own time.

On 7/31/2018 at 8:26 AM, EvaLiz said:

I know you probably don't hear this much, but thank you for putting up the easy mode option.  It makes life a lot easier for a casual player and I can develop a more complex play stile in my own time.

That's what it's there for, so I'm happy to hear it's doing its job!

5 hours ago, tsunadde said:

Thank you for finding the time to help out warlock comunity. my dps and gameplay improved after folowind some tips on this guide. 

My pleasure!

Guest Cint

The filter used to find traits on azerite armor is missing an entry for supreme commander.