FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Valks

Demonology Warlock 8.3

Guest Guest

More accurately, destruction traits are listed where demonology traits should be.

And thanks for the guides!

Guest Infusco

Umbral Blaze is only simmed for the single target content, when it seems like it would be pretty good for AOE. Thoughts?

Guest Infusco

Never mind on Umbral Blaze. I tested it last night, and it only applies to the primary target, the splash damage does NOT apply the extra dot.

There will be some updates including new Azerite sims posted tomorrow, so stay tuned!

Guest Seriousrobin

Hi

@the macro section i can relate to make a macro that is very useful if you have burning rush talented.
It allows you to delete the buff from burning rush even while you are in cc.

i have put it on shaddowbolt like:

#showtooltip

/cast shaddowbolt

/cancelaura burning rush

-------

its helpful to not get extra dmg while you are in cc or you just want to get a little movement speed without using 2 globals.

(cancelaura comment is off gcd)

On 8/18/2018 at 1:28 PM, Guest Guest said:

More accurately, destruction traits are listed where demonology traits should be.

And thanks for the guides!

We've fixed this! 

On 8/23/2018 at 1:06 PM, Guest Infusco said:

Never mind on Umbral Blaze. I tested it last night, and it only applies to the primary target, the splash damage does NOT apply the extra dot.

That's correct. Unfortunately, the Demonology traits are currently pretty underpowered. 

Guest FELGUARD

Hello, how can you put Soul attack in the rotation without taking the Felgard talent ?

On 8/31/2018 at 9:32 AM, Guest FELGUARD said:

Hello, how can you put Soul attack in the rotation without taking the Felgard talent ?

None of the other talents in that tier should change the rotation, other than Felguard? Unless I am misunderstanding your question.

It seems to me that in BFA the damage implosion does is based on the remaining energy your imps have. So if you want effective AOE damage, then letting your imps expend nearly all of their energy is bad.
This is fairly important to know for AOE damage as demonology so i suggest adding it in.

6 hours ago, Cyrillen said:

It seems to me that in BFA the damage implosion does is based on the remaining energy your imps have. So if you want effective AOE damage, then letting your imps expend nearly all of their energy is bad.
This is fairly important to know for AOE damage as demonology so i suggest adding it in.

This is already included in the guide. ☺️

Guest Xardas

hi i have question about 

1.3. Opening Sequence for Demonology Warlock

1. Use Battle Potion of Intellect Icon Battle Potion of Intellect.
  2. Pre-cast Demonbolt Icon Demonbolt.
  3. Cast Demonic Strength Icon Demonic Strength.
  4. Cast Summon Vilefiend Icon Summon Vilefiend.
  5. Cast Call Dreadstalkers Icon Call Dreadstalkers.
  6. Cast Grimoire: Felguard Icon Grimoire: Felguard.
  7. Cast Demonbolt Icon Demonbolt (if you have Demonic Core Icon Demonic Core).
  8. Cast Hand of Gul'dan Icon Hand of Gul'dan.
  9. Cast Summon Demonic Tyrant Icon Summon Demonic Tyrant.

Why Demonic Strength. on 3. position? if we use this after Summon Demonic Tyrant. this bladesword hits 15% harder? so why we dont use them after tyrant

Guest Eleven

Hello and thanks for the guide,

I think there have been a mixing with some other AZERITE TRAITS for the inner rings, could you please check?

Thanks again

On 9/7/2018 at 2:28 AM, Furty said:

This is already included in the guide. ☺️

Oh, i found it now. My bad ?

Edited by Cyrillen

On 9/19/2018 at 4:51 PM, Guest Eleven said:

Hello and thanks for the guide,

I think there have been a mixing with some other AZERITE TRAITS for the inner rings, could you please check?

Thanks again

What do you mean by this?

So I use the information here a lot for most of the classes in the game.

I loved Affliction, then they removed Life Tap which killed the personality of the spec for me. Yeah, I know something was said about it was costing the healer to have heal me up when I blew my own health for mana, but I solo play a lot and didnt really need a healer much anyway. 

anyway, I swapped over to DemLock and have no intention of leveling past 60, so I only need the talents for a game where only those talents are needed. 

I figure it may not be exactly the same talent choice if I were maxxing the character level out, so should I choose the same four talents as the site shows...or since Im only leveling to 60 and not raiding with it would some other set up be best for running classic dungeons?

On 12/7/2018 at 10:25 PM, ColdEthyl said:

I figure it may not be exactly the same talent choice if I were maxxing the character level out, so should I choose the same four talents as the site shows...or since Im only leveling to 60 and not raiding with it would some other set up be best for running classic dungeons?

I'd say play whatever feels best for you, but personally I would go with the guide recommendations (1/1/2/2), I recently started another warlock alt and felt that it works really well at lower levels.

There's a discrepancy between the Easy Mode stats priorities, and the main Stats Priorites page. For my addon, I went with the main page as usual, but I figured I'd make a note of it.

Easy Mode:

1. Intellect;
  2. Haste
  3. Mastery ≅ Critical Strike
  4. Versatility.

Stats Priority:

1. Intellect;
  2. Haste;
  3. Critical Strike
  4. Versatility
  5. Mastery.

Guest Reaper

I don't know if i am completely sold on the new talent changes you propose.  Staying with Demonic strength, calling, inner demons and sacrificed souls still seems to be the same if not better then what the new propose changes of bombers, doom, grimoire and nether portal.  Both sims in askmrrobot and simc will still put the first talents ahead (sometimes simc will put it ahead but not by much).  I have spent time on dummies and the first talent setup i mentioned will always do better damage over time. 

Maybe i am missing something, but to me from what i have done they have become 6's, the only thing about the first set of talents i mentioned is it is a simpler rotation maybe for less mess ups.... maybe...?

I have a few questions about both talents and the rotation. 

When I sim myself, Demonic strength always sims above BB. Do I listen to the sim or the guide?

When it comes to the rotation, it says to make sure to always use Demonic Tyrant while dreadstalkers are active. If DT comes off cooldown in 25 seconds, should I wait to cast it until the two spells will overlap?

On 2/14/2019 at 9:50 AM, johano3012 said:

When I sim myself, Demonic strength always sims above BB. Do I listen to the sim or the guide?

When it comes to the rotation, it says to make sure to always use Demonic Tyrant while dreadstalkers are active. If DT comes off cooldown in 25 seconds, should I wait to cast it until the two spells will overlap?

Normally, you can use a combination of sims and top logs to check. The logs let you know if there is a fight-specific factor that is impacting choices, such as movement, etc.

Guest Locky McLockface

Should using Implosion be added to the single target section if you have one or more Explosive Potential traits?

On 2/20/2019 at 11:39 AM, Guest Locky McLockface said:

Should using Implosion be added to the single target section if you have one or more Explosive Potential traits?

Thanks, we're looking into this and will get it added ?

On 2/14/2019 at 10:50 AM, johano3012 said:

if you run Explosive Potential the haste will make Demonic Strength slightly better for single target compared to BilescourgeBombers, since both dont scale with haste but Demonic Strength has no impact on your shard usage, unlike BB.

Regarding the second question you want to recast dogs 5 seconds before tyrant spawn.
If you play with Demonic Consumption it depends on the talents you picked up, but in general in order to have 1 free global cd before last Hand of Guldan, to allow imps spawn and before tyrant you can fit the dogs there, or simply delay Tyrant cast by a couple of globals.

With the timing you mentioned aka dogs off cooldown and Tyrant up in 25 seconds means you can have 1 set of dogs off straigth away, then at 5 seconds left on Tyrant is off cooldown again, so i would try to be at 5 shards by then and go
dreadstalkers
back to 5 shards
Hand of Guldan
Shadowbolt or Soul strike if talented
Hand of Guldan
1 free global cooldown which can be anything from Doom to Demonic Strength
Tyrant

alternatively you can delay the second dogs cast and instead do
Hand of Guldan
back to 5 shards
Hand of Guldan
dreadstalkers
Tyrant

Keep in mind this sequence will give you slightly smaller Demonic Consumption buff tho.

I hope you have a bit clearer picture after all my rambling ^^

• Like 1