FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Valks

Destruction Warlock 8.3

Guest Guest khazgar
On 7/16/2018 at 4:55 AM, Blainie said:

This thread is for comments about our Destruction Warlock guide for the Battle for Azeroth pre-patch.

Is weapon enchant torrent of elements really the best. Does warlocks damage count as elemental?

On 8/16/2018 at 11:37 PM, MorticiaNoire said:

With the azerite gear I’ve got chaotic inferno selected by n my shoulder but now have a head piece do they stack? So if I chose the same for my head will it be even more potent or pointless? Plus can you change what you’ve chosen as it’s unclear 

Good question, +1

On 8/16/2018 at 11:37 PM, MorticiaNoire said:

With the azerite gear I’ve got chaotic inferno selected by n my shoulder but now have a head piece do they stack? So if I chose the same for my head will it be even more potent or pointless? Plus can you change what you’ve chosen as it’s unclear 

The damage part does, the Incinerate change does not.

On 8/17/2018 at 3:29 PM, Guest Guest khazgar said:

Is weapon enchant torrent of elements really the best. Does warlocks damage count as elemental?

Elemental encompasses magical damage, meaning non-physical, for example.

Guest guest
On 8/17/2018 at 4:29 PM, Guest Guest khazgar said:

On 8/17/2018 at 10:29 AM, Guest Guest khazgar said:

Warlocks deal very high amounts of Elemental damage. Early sims indicated Torrent of Elements to be the go-to choice but some recent re-simming I've done for Uldir has indicated that Quick Navigator is slightly better. For context, there is about a ~0.3% difference between Torrent of Elements and any of the Navigation enchants, so there may be variance that pushes any one of them ahead depending on your stat distribution and gear.

Guest Turbine

The Azorite tables and interactive gear list are outstanding! You put a lot of work into these and your efforts are greatly appreciated! 

Bless you, you do the work of Kings.

Guest Giflor
On 8/23/2018 at 3:56 PM, Guest guest said:

As I see it, the Gear filter is not working right, because you can't select crashing chaos, and several other Destruction specific traits, looks like the traits listed for destruction specific are all Demonlogy? Can you maybe look into this.
thanks in Advance

6 hours ago, Guest Turbine said:

The Azorite tables and interactive gear list are outstanding! You put a lot of work into these and your efforts are greatly appreciated! 

Bless you, you do the work of Kings.

I love you too ?

Guest rollindots

Do not see Crashing chaos Azerite power anywhere in the search gear list!?

12 hours ago, Guest rollindots said:

Do not see Crashing chaos Azerite power anywhere in the search gear list!?

Looking into it!

11 hours ago, Rosegoddess said:

Thanks for the quick replies Furty, I think a couple Azorite traits are missing from that section, for example I can't find Rezan's Fury

I believe it should be all fixed now, let me know if you're experiencing any other issues! 

Guest Piemaster

Is it just me or do Destro Locks feel a bit under powered currently, granted I've only got up to 312 ilvl but still I feel like my basic damage is real low and if I'm not spamming infernal and Chaos bolts on even trash mobs its taking way too long to down things.

On 8/30/2018 at 10:37 AM, Guest Piemaster said:

Is it just me or do Destro Locks feel a bit under powered currently, granted I've only got up to 312 ilvl but still I feel like my basic damage is real low and if I'm not spamming infernal and Chaos bolts on even trash mobs its taking way too long to down things.

I almost always top single target damage during a boss fight while bursting. I've linked my character so you can see my talents, feel free to ask anything. But I can see the frustration when Affliction has been better for almost 2 years now. But those Chaos crits keep me coming back for more haha

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/anachronos/Rosegoddess (350 Destruction Warlock)

Edited by Rosegoddess
Changing ilvl, and adding comment on Destruction right now.

8 hours ago, Guest Piemaster said:

Once you get a little more gear and Azerite things should level out. Destruction is in a pretty good place right now, overall. 

Guest Piemaster

I think my Biggest problem at the moment is that all the gear the raises my ilvl makes me drop haste, like my haste is down to 9% and I just hit 330, whats the deal with that, drop rates have been abismal, getting about 1 piece of gear for every 6 heroics I run, and nothing yet out of the 4 mythics I have run/been carried through. I have bsically the same tallent set up as RosegoddessI have Demon fire up right now but I switch back and forth a lot on that. I have been trying to get geared up for raiding but due to really bad RNG I've fallen way behind, and it seems like everyone else has been getting fairly regular drop rates, but today was the first day I got 2 drops in 1 run, and they were both below what i got for rep or WQ.

Just curios as to what point I should stop stacking so much haste? sitting at 20% haste, which is awesome, but also only have 17% crit and 29% mastery... Which seems really low, considering that crit increases my chaos bolt by percentage, and Mastery increases my overall output... thoughts?

On 9/4/2018 at 6:37 PM, Guest Piemaster said:

I think my Biggest problem at the moment is that all the gear the raises my ilvl makes me drop haste, like my haste is down to 9% and I just hit 330, whats the deal with that, drop rates have been abismal, getting about 1 piece of gear for every 6 heroics I run, and nothing yet out of the 4 mythics I have run/been carried through. I have bsically the same tallent set up as RosegoddessI have Demon fire up right now but I switch back and forth a lot on that. I have been trying to get geared up for raiding but due to really bad RNG I've fallen way behind, and it seems like everyone else has been getting fairly regular drop rates, but today was the first day I got 2 drops in 1 run, and they were both below what i got for rep or WQ.

There are just less secondaries in Battle for Azeroth. Sim yourself with raidbots to check for upgrades, but in all likelihood item level is king for most slots.

Guest trisra

why does tol dagor have the best in slot chest piece for a destro lock when the azerite powers aren't even the best powers you can get?

hello there!

Has any one tried to delay Dark Soul when combine to Summon Infernal (and Grimmoire of Supremacy is talented) ?

The idea is, as long as you don't loose a cast of Dark Soul during the fight, you could cast DS after 10 sec of Summon infernal.

As the SI last 30s and DS 20s, both cd's will end @ the same time. Like that, you will empower with DS the CB 's wich are the most empowered by GoS. 

Edited by LeGoret

On 8/30/2018 at 2:14 PM, Furty said:

Once you get a little more gear and Azerite things should level out. Destruction is in a pretty good place right now, overall. 

They wouldn't be passing out 5% buffs every balance pass if that were true

On 9/24/2018 at 1:21 PM, Emphatic said:

They wouldn't be passing out 5% buffs every balance pass if that were true

Don't know if I would ever agree that Blizzard balancing ever reflects the true state of class power, but it's definitely a nice boost ?