FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Valks

Destruction Warlock 8.3

Guest FitzJane

"moderate damage output" as a negative? I'm yet to find a raid guild without a destro lock at the top of the dps meter. This needs reassessing.

On 2/9/2019 at 3:29 PM, Wyr3d said:

You need to update the Easymode stats to comply with yesterday's changes

I've let Motoko know, thanks!

Guest Guest

Hello all,

just wondering if the Azerit Armor section will also be updated because of the new azerit traits introduced with the new raid. The "rings" listened in that sections are not up-to-date.

Thanks, love your site.

Guest Deathlicious

Is there a way we can get a Mastery/Haste/Crit cap or break down? For instance, with Elemental Shams, 1000 over all is 400/300/200/100, for secondary stats, I'm currently at a 16k dps barrier and having trouble figuring out if its my stats or gear or even both. A break down would really be helpful.

6 hours ago, Guest Deathlicious said:

Is there a way we can get a Mastery/Haste/Crit cap or break down? For instance, with Elemental Shams, 1000 over all is 400/300/200/100, for secondary stats, I'm currently at a 16k dps barrier and having trouble figuring out if its my stats or gear or even both. A break down would really be helpful.

There is a website called Bloodmallet which shows you the ideal stat distribution in percentages. It's also best to sim yourself in raidbots to determine your personal stat weights.

It's important to note though that secondaries aren't too important as long as you don't go completely for your worst stat. If you focus on mastery and haste and keep those as your highest stats you will be fine. The difference between the ideal ratio and an okay ratio is about 1% DPS. Even focusing completely on your worst stat (which is almost impossible with how secondary distribution on gear works) will "only" result in a 4% DPS loss.

Edited by jinsu2301

On 2/18/2019 at 8:21 AM, Guest Deathlicious said:

This is a very specific thing for Elemental and won't be applicable to locks. As jinsu says, simming is your best bet if you want something like this.

Hello, thanks for this guide.

I want to give destro a try with my warlock and I have a question about the trait flashover.

When i look at warcraftlogs, all the top guys to stack this trait up to 3.

Why is this trait so strong? I don`t get it at all.

With current gear bosses and m+ mops are so quick below 80% life, that this trait looks completely wasted to me.

What is the reasoning for it being so strong?

Greetings

Checkmate

In a single target scenario Flashover is already a competitive trait because it offers a high amount of haste during the opener when you can unload all your cooldowns (infernal+trinket+dark soul), but the buff uptime in that situation is generally around 20%.

When you take fights with continuous adds spawning however, you can increase the uptime on that buff noticeably, making that trait incredibly strong.

Immolate only needs to tick once on a target above 80% health to give you 10s haste buff.

Think about a fight like Blockade mythic in p2 when you will have sirens and elementals spawning the whole phase, that situation allows you to maintain around 60-70% uptime on a massive haste buff

• Like 1

On 7/1/2019 at 2:44 PM, LeGoret said:

Now we can have Summon InfernalSummon Infernal  with a 2.4 min CD, is it worth to delay Dark Soul: InstabilityDark Soul: Instability  by 24 sec to align with it? I assume it still depends on the duration of the fight and if we can get one more DS.

As a general rule, it is worth to delay both dark soul and eventual 2minutes on use items in order to sync them with infernal.

Specific fights may require different approach tho

Hiya,

I was thinking about the gem slot options, from the wording in the guide " If Intellect is simming highest, you should socket your gear with one Leviathan's Eye of Intellect IconLeviathan's Eye of Intellect.

As the Leviathan's Eye of Intellect is usable when you are also using a Kracken's Eye of Intellect.  It might be good to say; If Intellect is simming highest, you should socket your gear with one Leviathan's Eye of Intellect IconLeviathan's Eye of Intellect and if you have a second socket, use a Kraken's Eye of Intellect.

well it mostly depends to your individual character stats scaling but "generally" for warlocks only the 120 int gem is worth over a 50 secondary.

Early in the expansion when we had access to 80 int and 45 (now 40) secondary gems you were almost never socketing a primary stat gem, but with the recent nerf to the secondary gem, the epic int ones became much more appealing.

• Like 1

Guest Tator

Hi all,

I was wondering if someone could explain Havoc a little more. Some guides say to use it in single target, and this guide which I believe more heavily in doesn't add it into the single target rotation. I was just wondering why that is. I'm switching over from affliction so it's all new to me! Thanks in advance.

Havoc let you duplicate any single target spells casted on different targets, for 60% of their original value during those 10 seconds.

It is not a spell to be used in pure single target, rather whenever there are 2 or more

In the Boss by boss section for Za'qul :

8.1. Tips

This is a single-target fight in 3 different realms, with periodic adds and light movement. During the first phase, dodge Crushing Grasp Icon Crushing Grasp tentacles. Keep Immolate Icon Immolate on every Horrific Summoners and try to maximize your Havoc Icon Havoc windows. Imp can dispel Dread Icon Dread, in case you need to support healers, but keep in mind that doing so will trigger raid wide damage for each dispel. Save Cataclysm Icon Cataclysm for when Horrific Visions are grouped in melee range.

At 70% Za'qul will open 3 orange pools leading to the Delirium Realm for those assigned players. Inside the realm you gain 80% haste but you will take increasing shadow damage until you are forced out and back in the Physical Realm. Consider holding both offensive and defensive cooldowns if you are assigned to the Delirium Realm to maximize the amount of time and damage inside. Smart placement of Demonic Circle Icon Demonic Circle and Demonic Gateway Icon Demonic Gateway can help navigate the room, especially when tasked to enter the Fear Realm, where you have to kill Horrific Summonersquickly.

Worth to mention that if you are in the delirium, and you play with Lucid dream (major essence) at rank 3, you gain massive leach buff that can be consider as a defensive cooldown (in particular if you are cleaving horrific visions with a havoc during it which i strongly advise). You can easily full regen with the high heal burst it provides.