FORUMS
Valks

Arms Warrior 8.3

4 hours ago, Lophen said:

I don't think that's supposed to be there lol

Should be fixed now, thanks!

Epic Patron

I was looking at the recommended legendaries on the gear page.  Has anyone looked at pairing the Weight of the Earth legendary with the Timeless Strategem legendary?  It would seem that someone who is good at using Heroic Leap as part of their DPS rotation (I'm not) would be able to maintain a very high uptime on the Colossus Smash debuff, even without using the Anger Management talent.

Epic Patron

On the rotation page, if you select the Weight of the Earth checkbox, this is what shows up.

1. Cast Weight of the Earth Icon Weight of the Earth if debuff Colossus Smash Icon Colossus Smash is not up.

Since Weight of the Earth is not an on-use item, I think this should be changed to "Cast Heroic Leap if Weight of the Earth equipped and Colossus Smash is not up" or something like that.

7 hours ago, Rolas said:

I was looking at the recommended legendaries on the gear page.  Has anyone looked at pairing the Weight of the Earth legendary with the Timeless Strategem legendary?  It would seem that someone who is good at using Heroic Leap as part of their DPS rotation (I'm not) would be able to maintain a very high uptime on the Colossus Smash debuff, even without using the Anger Management talent.

Letting Archi know about the issue with rotation, will ask about this.

8 hours ago, Rolas said:

Fix for rotation will be deployed soon, on the topic of your question. It ends up being pretty bad. Archi said this:

Pairing Weight of the Earth and Timeless Stratagem is bad, since all it does is give you extra charges of leap. They still cool down sequentially, meaning all it does is give you 2 extra leaps, which is 2 extra CS debuffs over an encounter, not 2 or 3 times the amount. If you need to keep CS up constantly for 40 seconds, it might be useful, but it's not a good pairing generally.

Hope this helps! ?

Epic Patron
4 minutes ago, Blainie said:

Fix for rotation will be deployed soon, on the topic of your question. It ends up being pretty bad. Archi said this:

Hope this helps! ?

Yes, thanks.

• Like 1

Guest Drmlol

I am mainly a PvP and in Legion it was super easy to know which item is better (higher iLvL), but now after PvP templates gone I am a little bit confused about which I items I should use. My question is there a single rule which could guide me? f.e.: 

225 ilvl helm with mastery and haste or 215 ilvl help with crit and versatility, which one should I use? 225 has higher str and does not have any crit (which became second best stat for arms?) , is it ok to lose on some HP and Str in order to get crit? Any general tips are appreciated.

Unless I’m reading the rotation page all wrong, the rotation page hasn’t been updated yet.  We can’t cast CS any long, Warbreaker isn’t in the rotation, etc.  I know we’re all catching up I just thought maybe we’d have a few things up to date.

47 minutes ago, Maxious said:

Unless I’m reading the rotation page all wrong, the rotation page hasn’t been updated yet.  We can’t cast CS any long, Warbreaker isn’t in the rotation, etc.  I know we’re all catching up I just thought maybe we’d have a few things up to date.

The guide is completely up-to-date. Warbreaker replaces Colossus Smash. You should use them interchangeably, which is shown when you select "Warbreaker" in the check boxes on the rotation page.

On 7/20/2018 at 9:36 AM, Guest Drmlol said:

I am mainly a PvP and in Legion it was super easy to know which item is better (higher iLvL), but now after PvP templates gone I am a little bit confused about which I items I should use. My question is there a single rule which could guide me? f.e.: 

225 ilvl helm with mastery and haste or 215 ilvl help with crit and versatility, which one should I use? 225 has higher str and does not have any crit (which became second best stat for arms?) , is it ok to lose on some HP and Str in order to get crit? Any general tips are appreciated.

From Archi:

Definitely prioritize Strength and Stamina over the Crit. Crit is only slightly better for damage, but more Str/Stam is hands down better for survivability and damage.

Hope this helps.

On 7/20/2018 at 2:31 PM, Blainie said:

The guide is completely up-to-date. Warbreaker replaces Colossus Smash. You should use them interchangeably, which is shown when you select "Warbreaker" in the check boxes on the rotation page.

Agreed, with current Arms you're basically looking at the same exact build and rotation as before 8.0 just some abilities have changed names

Sweeping Strikes replaces Cleave

Overpower replaces Colossus Smash

Colossus Smash replaces Warbreaker which is why you choose the Warbreaker Talent to regain it

Fervor of Battle is almost the same as it was in Legion only now it combines Whirlwind and Slam into a single ability so when in single target you're doing Slam damage with the added benefit of whirlwinds multi hit bleed instead of slams single bleed hit.

On a personal level for the lvl 100 talent I run Anger Management over Dreadnaught in BFA because it lets me get bladestorm back up more often and most mobs are dead before I need to use dreadnaughts 2nd overpower.

Edit: I just realized between beta and live they took slam and whirlwind out of the ability pool for Deep Wounds mastery so Rend does become more viable for a bleed build, (which kinda sucks I really enjoyed the bleed effect given by whirlwind in legion.)

Edited by Kaelath

Thank you for the guide really helped out, for whats worth i think the author greatly underestimates Timeless Stratagem.

Timeless Stratagem + Weight of the Earth + Talent Bounding Stride and Talent In For The Kill results having 3 Warbreaker on 30s CD + 1 Warbreaker or CS on 45 CD which can be reduced with Anger Management and all of them adding 10-20% haste buff. Even though Heroic Leap 30s CD is one after another and not seperated, the burst is very high, worth noting Heroic Leap also hits everything 16 yards around not only Warbreakers 8.

23 hours ago, kratou said:

Thank you for the guide really helped out, for whats worth i think the author greatly underestimates Timeless Stratagem.

Depending on the situation, either Storm's Eye or Na'jentus is going to be better on AoE than Timeless. On single-target, it's a 4.2% loss in DPS against Archavon on my personal sims, even with my tier gloves being 25 item levels higher than my shoulders.

Definitely don't use Timeless.

Guest Guest

Question about macro's.

I used a simple /cast charge /cast mortal strike macro pre 8.0, but for some reason it does not work now. Any ideas how to make this simple macro or am I missing something simple?

On 7/28/2018 at 10:33 AM, Guest Guest said:

Question about macro's.

I used a simple /cast charge /cast mortal strike macro pre 8.0, but for some reason it does not work now. Any ideas how to make this simple macro or am I missing something simple?

Both spells are on the GCD. Charge has a 0.5 GCD now.

Guest Kosy

Hi guys,

Question on Racial sims for arms: are Lightforged the best only because of their "ion cannon" spell? ?

Sry, English is not my language

On 7/31/2018 at 10:51 AM, Guest Kosy said:

Hi guys,

Question on Racial sims for arms: are Lightforged the best only because of their "ion cannon" spell? ?

Pretty much, yep!

On 7/31/2018 at 2:51 AM, Guest Kosy said:

Hi guys,

I actually like that name better. ?

Guest Digitalorc

Regarding Crushing assault, when I have this trait, where does it fall in the priority list for single target? or it remains at the bottom same priority as normal slam?

Because when I use the checkbox it only shows under execute priority list.

On 8/15/2018 at 4:31 AM, Guest Digitalorc said:

Regarding Crushing assault, when I have this trait, where does it fall in the priority list for single target? or it remains at the bottom same priority as normal slam?

Because when I use the checkbox it only shows under execute priority list.

The priority doesn't change above 20%, because you're using Slam/WW in the normal rotation anyway.

1 hour ago, jackplazma said:

how do arms feel in early bfa? for me it more enjoyable to playing than fury, but it seems very low dps vs others classes (as fury too). 

Arms is very strong in dungeons right now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kakodaimonos said:

Curious how the ridiculous sounding Mastery Hotfix changes the Stat weight right now.

Flat 14% nerf hits pretty hard for sure.

damn

Edited by jackplazma