FORUMS
Valks

Arms Warrior 8.3

On 9/9/2018 at 5:42 AM, ndru1337 said:

If I pick Fervor of Battle IconFervor of Battle I don't really understand this rotation for 2-3 targets. Here it says to cast slam during sweeping strikes - but wouldn't it be better to cast Whirlwind during sweeping strikes? Because while Whirlwind does damage on 2 or 3 targets, the Slam coming from Whirlwind also works on two target because of Sweeping Strikes. So dps would be higher, or am I not right?

The slam line should turn off with Fervor talented, I'll fix it in the next update.

On 9/4/2018 at 11:45 AM, Guest Swyxe said:

The conditions are not listed anymore on the guide

I moved Mortal Strike during Execute into a toggle (the last one listed), though that wording could be a little more straightforward.

Guest Vorrok

In the rotation guide, there is no checkbox for Sudden Death (level 15 talent).  This may cause some confusion because the rotation for Single Target will always show using execute from sudden death proc, even though the user may want to see their rotation while using Skullsplitter, which is a shared talent for Sudden Death.  I tried reaching out to the author to advise them of this issue but that didn't go so well. Got told to be smarter and uncheck something that doesn't exist...

On 9/27/2018 at 8:37 AM, Guest Vorrok said:

In the rotation guide, there is no checkbox for Sudden Death (level 15 talent).  This may cause some confusion because the rotation for Single Target will always show using execute from sudden death proc, even though the user may want to see their rotation while using Skullsplitter, which is a shared talent for Sudden Death.  I tried reaching out to the author to advise them of this issue but that didn't go so well. Got told to be smarter and uncheck something that doesn't exist...

To be fair, you weren't that specific, and the way you phrased it made it sound as though Skullsplitter wasn't being shown. The actual issue is simply that the checkbox for Sudden Death isn't showing, causing it not to toggle off, which is fixed in the next coming update. Sorry for being abrupt with you, but I get about a hundred messages on discord every day, and I don't always have time to figure them all out.

On 9/25/2018 at 3:43 AM, Gabrielzk said:

Why use mortal strike in front of bladestorm?

To min/max its cooldown.

• Like 1

Guest Jman

Question about the execute phase: is there an ideal rage threshold at which to press execute (based on the rage refunded) or should it simply be spammed when available? Also, the guide pretty much covers this I think but just to clarify, is it always more efficient to use Tactician procs during the execute phase before continuing to press execute?

Guest Whaduhack

If you get more DPS from Haste then why is Strength number 1 on Stat Priority?

Guest Burst

There seems to be an issue with the Skullsplitter checkbox - for me it is on by default when loading the rotation page, but it needs to be toggled off and back on for the Skullsplitter line to be visible in the rotation for single target non-execute. Additionally it always mentions Sudden Death in the rotation when there probably should be a checkbox toggle for it?

Also: as listed in the single target non-execute rotation, it looks like Overpower is a higher priority than Mortal Strike - is this intended?

Amusing minor typo:  on the main page for the guide (i.e., /wow/arms-warrior-pve-dps-guide), section 6 is titled

Viability of Fury Warrior in Battle for Azeroth (Patch 8.1)

The actual content is for Arms, it's just the section title that's wrong.

Again, the Easy Mode conflicts with the Stats Prioity page regarding which should be higher ranked.

Easy Mode:

1. Haste;
  2. Critical Strike;
  3. Strength;
  4. Mastery.
  5. Versatility.

Stats Priority:

1. Strength;
  2. Haste;
  3. Critical Strike;
  4. Mastery;
  5. Versatility.

On 2/9/2019 at 3:31 PM, Wyr3d said:

You need to change the Easymode stats to match the statisitcs page

I'll let Archimtiros know, thanks!

On 2/9/2019 at 3:31 PM, Wyr3d said:

You need to change the Easymode stats to match the statisitcs page

So, after speaking with Archimtiros, the current order is intentional. It is based off of the presumed gear of players that are using the Easy Mode guide vs. the more in-depth one, mainly due to the value of Strength at different gear levels, and how likely players are to want to just take item level upgrades.

I have a question about the AoE rotation. On other websites they recommend holding off Bladestorm until you get the Test of Might buff (given you run ToM of course). Here you don't mention ToM in the AoE rotation. Should I just use Bladestorm in AoE? It's more tempting than to wait for the ToM buff