FORUMS
Valks

Arms Warrior 8.3

Guest warmitu

im having trouble understanding the bis on  dungeons for azerite traits, which ones are the best to pick in the ones on the arms guide?

the ones there doesnt look like the best choice

Guest Bortega
On 8/17/2018 at 10:33 AM, kakodaimonos said:

Does this influence the stat priority of Arms?

Guest Vurjin

Currently im at 160% mastery and Deep Wounds is by far makes up most of my damage. I simmed myself through raidbots and stat weight for me is supposdly crit>haste with mastery being last. So maybe mastery has a break point where crit and haste becomes better?

Guest Humane

Please update this guide, it has mastery ranked at the bottom which his now wrong.

Guest Bromide

Glory in Battle - is the Horde name for Liberator's Might; the Outer ring Azerite power on PvP type gear.

Guest Chevy

Is it possible that you make the "Azerite traits and armor"-area without pictures? You can't search names of skills in pictures and its hard for people who use ohter languages.

It is much better like this: https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/holy-priest-pve-healing-azerite-traits-powers-and-armor

Thanks in advance

Guest Puzzony

The Bis items section is surely not correct, listing Soulspun Casque as bis helm? it has Gathering Storm on it, and Overwhelming Power, neither of them are near bis.

On 8/16/2018 at 11:48 PM, kakodaimonos said:

Curious how the ridiculous sounding Mastery Hotfix changes the Stat weight right now.

Flat 14% nerf hits pretty hard for sure.

Sorry I've been out for a few days, and not keeping up with the thread as I should.

It's a moderate nerf for players in a (hypothetical) BiS gear set heavy on Haste, Crit, and with absolutely no Mastery... but most players don't actually have that. For players who are "forced" into using Mastery gear, it ranges from a slight nerf to a potential buff. Either way, it's an important scaling buff, in that it makes Mastery scale appropriately, even if it's still not the best stat. This means that as gear inflation continues and we obtain more stats, it amounts to a bigger impact (in a good way, as opposed to wearing 380 gear heavy on a Mastery stat which otherwise would have done nothing).

On 8/23/2018 at 4:36 AM, Guest Chevy said:

Is it possible that you make the "Azerite traits and armor"-area without pictures? You can't search names of skills in pictures and its hard for people who use ohter languages.

It is much better like this: https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/holy-priest-pve-healing-azerite-traits-powers-and-armor

Thanks in advance

There are some updates coming in the next few days (whenever the Azerite hotfixes go live, likely with the weekly reset) which should accommodate this, and expand the gearing sections/BiS lists.

On 8/22/2018 at 2:37 PM, Teitheas said:

Is there a way to see what he actually updated in the "guide" rather than reading it all through again? 

There are changelogs at the bottom of each page.

On 8/19/2018 at 4:46 AM, Guest Humane said:

Please update this guide, it has mastery ranked at the bottom which his now wrong.

The page was updated on the 18th, as indicated by its changelog.

Mastery is still the "worst" stat for Arms (in practice it's about even with Versatility, but they frequently flip), the mastery change did not make it Arms' best stat, it simply made it scale in a reasonable manner.

Guest throwthestik

Hi,

I'm not sure that AM is the best row 7 talent in AOE situations. I simmed myself today comparing AM against Dreadnaught with 1 Seismic Wave trait and 1 Lord of War trait. With 5 targets, Dreadnaught pulled ahead by 20%; with 10 targets, it pulled ahead by nearly 30%.

10 hours ago, Guest throwthestik said:

Hi,

I'm not sure that AM is the best row 7 talent in AOE situations. I simmed myself today comparing AM against Dreadnaught with 1 Seismic Wave trait and 1 Lord of War trait. With 5 targets, Dreadnaught pulled ahead by 20%; with 10 targets, it pulled ahead by nearly 30%.

Having Warbreaker more often on single target is cool tho

Edit:especially if you run the Test of Might trait which gives your str and that is only if you swap gear for bosses and trash ofcourse

2nd Edit:Also the gear i currently have is 340 azerite not a single trait of Seismic wave on those untill raid pops i just thought im not lucky but the Azerite searcher in the guide doesnt show anything with Seismic wave from mythic

Edited by singularityx

For 2.1 (2-3 Targets) and 2.2 (4+ Targets), there is no mention of Slam at all during Sweeping Strikes phase. Using Whirlwind (without Fervor of Battle) seems like a waste while the buff is active during MS/Execute/Overpower downtime, since Whirlwind will not cleave to a second target. Slam (2.7% AP per rage damage) does about 2.5x more damage per rage cost to a single target than Whirlwind does (1.16% AP per rage damage). Adding 75% to Slam (due to SS buff) increases this to 4.725 AP per rage damage. Using AP % totals alone, Slam would deal 97.3% of AP damage to two targets, whereas Whirlwind deals 69.6% of AP damage to two targets, and 104.4% of AP damage to three targets, but at a slightly higher rage cost.

This being the case, would it make sense to add "Slam during Sweeping Strikes" at least to the 2-3 target rotation (if Fervor of Battle is not talented), if so, where? I would presume below Overpower, but what about "Slam with Crushing Assault proc during Sweeping Strikes"? Would these put it just below MS in that list?

Finally, at how many targets is it better to ignore sweeping strikes altogether and simply use Whirlwind as a rage spender?

Guest Vallhana-Proudmoore

Seismic wave got nerfed 58%, should update azerite trait tier listings.

Guest Dreaden

Why is Skullsplitter not used after Colossus smash in the rotation? Wouldn't it's damage be increased by it? Basically why isn't the opener Charge->Colossus->Skullsplitter.

On 8/26/2018 at 9:10 AM, Guest throwthestik said:

Hi,

5 target sims are extraordinarily unrealistic - there is no practical AoE situation in the game which will allow you to stand in one place and smack 5 stacked targets for 5 minutes straight. They can be useful for analysis with some more variables thrown in, but shouldn't be used to try to determine stat weights, talents, or the like. Also Seismic Wave just got nerfed (updates for that will come tomorrow!).

8 hours ago, Guest Vallhana-Proudmoore said:

Seismic wave got nerfed 58%, should update azerite trait tier listings.

The nerf didn't go live until about two hours ago. See previous comment.

7 hours ago, Guest Dreaden said:

Why is Skullsplitter not used after Colossus smash in the rotation? Wouldn't it's damage be increased by it? Basically why isn't the opener Charge->Colossus->Skullsplitter.

It should be used during Colossus Smash when it comes off cooldown and it's use-conditions are met, but priority wise, you want to use it closer to its cooldown, rage spenders contribute toward ToM (when enabled), and you don't want it to getting in the way of Bladestorm.

13 hours ago, jackplazma said:

why in different source the stat priority is varying? 

Depends on what your other source is. Not all are as accurate or reliable as others.

That said, it really doesn't matter if the numbers are slightly different; what's more important is the general relationship between those numbers. Stat weights are tricky to provide a blanket value for, because they're entirely based off of the profile's stats; so you and I having different gear means we will almost certainly have different stat weights, even if they tend to follow the same general relationship (Haste > Crit > Vers = Mast). Arms also tends to flipflop on Haste/Crit often, since the stats are codependent (more of one makes the other better). I've tried to make this clear in the guide, but I think it could probably be expanded on a little further, and will consider adding some words in the next update.

TLDR: Stat weights (the numbers) are dependent on gear and yours may not match someone else's or the default profile. Stat relationships should remain fairly consistent.

Guest Swyxe

Mortal Strike IconMortal Strike is not used unless two of the three listed conditions are met, otherwise it is less Rage efficient than

The conditions are not listed anymore on the guide

Guest Tyfius
On 9/4/2018 at 11:45 AM, Guest Swyxe said:

The conditions are not listed anymore on the guide

Seems like a question that would be frequently asked about, eh? If only there was a section for that... 

If I pick Fervor of Battle IconFervor of Battle I don't really understand this rotation for 2-3 targets. Here it says to cast slam during sweeping strikes - but wouldn't it be better to cast Whirlwind during sweeping strikes? Because while Whirlwind does damage on 2 or 3 targets, the Slam coming from Whirlwind also works on two target because of Sweeping Strikes. So dps would be higher, or am I not right?

2.1. 2-3 Targets

1. Cast Sweeping Strikes IconSweeping Strikes if you are not about to use Bladestorm IconBladestorm.
  2. Cast Skullsplitter IconSkullsplitter when less than 60 Rage, when Bladestorm IconBladestorm is not about to be used.
  3. Cast Warbreaker IconWarbreaker.
  4. Cast Bladestorm IconBladestorm during the Colossus Smash IconColossus Smash debuff.
  5. Cast Execute IconExecute.
  6. Cast Mortal Strike IconMortal Strike.
  7. Cast Overpower IconOverpower.
  8. Cast Slam IconSlam during Sweeping Strikes IconSweeping Strikes.
  9. Cast Whirlwind IconWhirlwind.
Edited by ndru1337