FORUMS
Valks

Fury Warrior 8.3

Guest Athrios

I had a question concerning Carnage vs Frothing Berserker. I've been using Carnage, because it seems better this go around vs. Legion, but my concern is that I'm frequently going over that 75 rage mark. I was reading on Frothing Berserker, and I was curious why it breaks down that Carnage is generally better in all fields. Any thoughts?

On 8/15/2018 at 4:02 AM, Guest Aenir said:

Excellent guide. Especially in comarison with others. ^^'

So.. It's said that there is no difference if some traits are taken more often. Is this true to all traits? What about e.g. Thunderous Blast? I actually got 2 azerite armor pieces both providing this.

Most traits are rather linear, though some, particularly those with secondary bonuses (Simmering Rage, Reckless Flurry), do have a change in value.

This is where it's really good to sim your own gear, and frankly all azerite gear should be, with how many different permutations of traits there are between at least 2 choices per piece across three slots.

Guest Arkail

Is the information about "stats priority" safe? I read often it is Crit - Haste - Strength - Vers - Mastery. Whats true?

Guest mtk

Can you add Secrets of the deep trait to single target percentages? I don't see it on the list

Guest Benjomann

Aloha, Great guide! Was nice for me to get back to my beloved fury!

I got a question about the weapons...

isn‘t it better to juse Geti’ikku twice? Ore Is the blod efect simply reseting himself by the Second weapon?

thx so fare ✌?

Guest SteakBro

I'm also confused on the stat priority. I've found a few different priorities on a few different sites. Anyone have anything solid yet?

Guest MufasaPrime

Nice Guide.
Does taking the same trait in diferent pieces stack?

I have Overwhelming PowerOverwhelming Power i all 3 of my pieces but im not sure if i should take it in all of them

On 8/16/2018 at 12:30 AM, Guest Athrios said:

I had a question concerning Carnage vs Frothing Berserker. I've been using Carnage, because it seems better this go around vs. Legion, but my concern is that I'm frequently going over that 75 rage mark. I was reading on Frothing Berserker, and I was curious why it breaks down that Carnage is generally better in all fields. Any thoughts?

I can't speak for which will perform better for you at the end of the day, but I think you may be tripping up over "excess rage".

Rage above 75 isn't a bad thing, it will just allow you to use your next Rampage sooner. Rage above 100 is bad, since it gets wasted and will never be usable. For that reason, Frothing Berserker is more likely to cause wasted rage since you have to get so much closer to 100, especially under the effects of Recklessness. On the flip side, Carnage gives you a relatively huge "buffer" that should allow you to more-or-less never go over 100 rage, letting you use any rage over 75 as progress for your next Rampage.

So while the buff from Frothing Berserker is really nice, the talent is more likely to lead to wasted rage and will slow your main Berserk generator down by requiring >25% more rage than Carnage. Carnage doesn't provide a nice buff but boosts one of your most damaging abilities, causes you to Enrage more frequently, and makes it easier to use every scrap of your rage.

Personally, I hope Carnage continues to win the day since I find Frothing slow and awkward ?

Edited by TomFoolery
  • Like 1

Guest Implosjon

if you have 2 items with same traits on, they will stack, for example Swirling Sands, they give like 200-400 crit something alone, one item.. when you then have 2, they will give the double, 600-800.. this is how it works atm... and i think this guide should be updated, and i see some top traits just wont proc, whitch means i never get that extra damage because the spell is bugged or something... therefore i find it usefull to actually test your dps and logg it on a"training Dummie".. as i was getting into earlier, i actually found it better to use 3 items with Swirling Sands whitch gave me a Proc on over 1200+++ and that much crit for awarrior is really handy! and logged better results on that than actually many of the top traits, even stacked... some spells just wont proc so the extra damage or whatever is not existing... what im saying update this and test the items/spells out for yourself so that you dont get misguided...

Guest Implosjon

what i was trying to tell you guys was: for example "Thunderous Blast" for that spell you work most optimal for you,  is like in a instance or someplace where you can constant stay in combat and have a target always that you keep hitting for this to procc and be most optimal "do most dps"... same with Rezan's Fury, its like a wound, with a bleed effect, but if the target dies to fast, because of dps from other sources, it wont actually do squat.. and i mean it will do nothing for you at all... and therefore do i recommend that you actually see and trys out the shit before you put it in permanent.. see and test before you change down...

On 8/16/2018 at 7:58 PM, Guest Arkail said:

Is the information about "stats priority" safe? I read often it is Crit - Haste - Strength - Vers - Mastery. Whats true?

AFAIK, Archi writes the Fury guide for us here at Icy Veins, the class discord and Wowhead, so I'm not sure why/where you would be seeing this. They should all agree with what he has written here.

On 8/20/2018 at 11:02 PM, Guest SteakBro said:

I'm also confused on the stat priority. I've found a few different priorities on a few different sites. Anyone have anything solid yet?

See above, please.

On 8/18/2018 at 10:01 AM, Guest Benjomann said:

Aloha, Great guide! Was nice for me to get back to my beloved fury!

I got a question about the weapons...

isn‘t it better to juse Geti’ikku twice? Ore Is the blod efect simply reseting himself by the Second weapon?

thx so fare ✌?

The effect is just reset, yeah, meaning the RNG could be in your favour and never waste any uptime of the buff, but it's unlikely. You should obviously use two if the item level of the second one is better than your other alternatives, but the point at which this happens is simmable. 

On 8/22/2018 at 8:36 AM, Guest Implosjon said:

if you have 2 items with same traits on, they will stack, for example Swirling Sands, they give like 200-400 crit something alone, one item.. when you then have 2, they will give the double, 600-800.. this is how it works atm... and i think this guide should be updated, and i see some top traits just wont proc, whitch means i never get that extra damage because the spell is bugged or something... therefore i find it usefull to actually test your dps and logg it on a"training Dummie".. as i was getting into earlier, i actually found it better to use 3 items with Swirling Sands whitch gave me a Proc on over 1200+++ and that much crit for awarrior is really handy! and logged better results on that than actually many of the top traits, even stacked... some spells just wont proc so the extra damage or whatever is not existing... what im saying update this and test the items/spells out for yourself so that you dont get misguided...

All azerite trait damage and statistical benefits stack or "rank" up with multiple of the same trait, while time, duration, buff stacks, proc rates, and resource benefits (generates extra combo points, rage, etc) do not. The only exception to this is the Lord of War trait, which is currently bugged and generates extra Rage with each rank (10/20/30); this is a known bug - Simmering Rage used to do the same, but was hotfixed, Lord of War just hasn't been yet).

Rest assured, SimulationCraft (which I maintain) takes these interactions into account, so the simulation ranking charts also account for these effects stacking up.

I don't know what you mean by "some top traits just won't proc", all traits are currently working both in game and the simulator. While Swirling Sands sounds good, Critical Strike isn't an overly important stat for Fury Warriors. Frankly, any trait stacked three times will look strong, because you're consolidating three traits worth of bonuses into one bigger effect, but that is not always the best way to go about it. In some cases, a better second trait (middle ring/tier 2) can make an item with a worse first trait (out ring/tier 1) better than items with a better primary trait.

On 8/22/2018 at 8:42 AM, Guest Implosjon said:

what i was trying to tell you guys was: for example "Thunderous Blast" for that spell you work most optimal for you,  is like in a instance or someplace where you can constant stay in combat and have a target always that you keep hitting for this to procc and be most optimal "do most dps"... same with Rezan's Fury, its like a wound, with a bleed effect, but if the target dies to fast, because of dps from other sources, it wont actually do squat.. and i mean it will do nothing for you at all... and therefore do i recommend that you actually see and trys out the shit before you put it in permanent.. see and test before you change down...

This is a fair point - yes, some traits are better suited for certain types of content than others (which is where BiS lists and recommendations come in), but that doesn't change the absolute ranking; Thunderous Blast and Rezan's Fury are still two of the stronger traits in an absolute sense. I have some updates planned for the gearing pages which will help players make these choices, but no guide writer can predict every player's needs; I can provide you with all the information in the world, but some amount of critical thinking is required - if you know you are primarily a Mythic+ player, you probably want to stick with more multi-target oriented bonuses (which is why there is a multitarget trait ranking), whereas a raider may want to focus on single target, and work on secondary gear sets for cleave heavy encounters.

To give another example; even if you are primarily a dungeon player, you may frequently play with a group made up of heavy AoE, so you may decide that it's in the best interest of your group not to gear for better multitarget bonuses, and instead prioritize single target ones for bosses (especially on Tyrannical keys); that would mean single target traits like Thunderous Blast or Rezan's Fury would be quite valuable to you individually, even though they wouldn't be overly impactful when clearing trash packs. This is again why it is important for you to take the information provided and apply it to your situational needs.

Guest Cleric670
On 7/23/2018 at 7:03 AM, Blainie said:

It is more important to have your Execute damage buffed than the Rage generation.

I don't understand at all how it would be more important to use a 1 charge raging blow instead of an execute?

It does MORE damage, it generates MORE rage, yet you are saying that it's more important to use a 1 charge raging blow, or even a WHIRLWIND over an execute if you are not enraged ????!!? I'm pretty sure there is supposed to be another usage of execute between steps 6. Bloodthirst on CD and step 7. Raging Blow for rage.

On 8/26/2018 at 12:55 PM, Guest Cleric670 said:

I don't understand at all how it would be more important to use a 1 charge raging blow instead of an execute?

It does MORE damage, it generates MORE rage, yet you are saying that it's more important to use a 1 charge raging blow, or even a WHIRLWIND over an execute if you are not enraged ????!!? I'm pretty sure there is supposed to be another usage of execute between steps 6. Bloodthirst on CD and step 7. Raging Blow for rage.

A few reasons:

1. Execute has a cooldown.
  2. Enrage is a notable damage increase.
    - It's actually a very small difference (at current gear levels, more Mastery makes it more important), but using it while Enraged creates less rotational variance, which means more consistent performance.
  3. Spending rage is more important than generating it.
    - Execute generates a large amount of rage and you don't want to overcap (if say you're at 70 rage, cannot Rampage, Enrage falls off, you could use Execute, but you will likely auto-attack and Rage cap before you can use Rampage to spend).
  4. Enrage uptime is high in general (~85%, higher during the Execute phase).
    - This means you're extremely unlikely to ever go more than 1 GCD without being Enraged, unless you're sitting on your hands.

There are enough free cooldowns during the Execute phase that you're not going to end up using Whirlwind over Execute, but it's in your best interest to maintain a high enrage uptime, keep from capping (wasting) rage, and make sure your strong attacks (Execute) hit as hard as possible (buffing 12k damage by 25% is more important than buffing 4k by 25%).

Guest LeFang
On 7/16/2018 at 6:55 AM, Blainie said:

This thread is for comments about our Fury Warrior guide for the Battle for Azeroth pre-patch.

How much DPS i actually lose when i use rampage when it's avaiable instead of 90> rage?

On 8/28/2018 at 5:04 AM, Guest LeFang said:

How much DPS i actually lose when i use rampage when it's avaiable instead of 90> rage?

Hard to put an exact number on it, since it will be slightly different for everyone, but what you're really losing is Enrage uptime.  The reason Rampage can be delayed is because Enrage will overwrite itself - so if you're already Enraged, waiting an extra GCD can gain an extra second (effectively 25%) of uptime that you would otherwise lose by refreshing it as soon as Rampage becomes available.

The counter is making sure you don't overcap your Rage (hit 100 Rage) and end up wasting resources that would have otherwise gone toward a future Rampage and Enrage trigger. So it's less about making sure you cast it only at a specific amount of Rage, and more about gaming your current Enrage timer and pooling resources to make your next Rampage become available sooner.

Guest Razortongue

Is there a cap on mastery? I have 25% and it would appear based on SimCraft and Ask Mr Robot that Mastery is NOT the priority, its haste and crit now. Just wondering

Guest Zuliam

Hi i'm also wondering regarding the stats weight. Mr. Robot is str-haste-crit-mastery-versatility

the difference between crit and mastery really changes the way someone would gear up and choose between the weapon enchant for the offhand.

On 9/4/2018 at 4:35 PM, Guest Razortongue said:

Is there a cap on mastery? I have 25% and it would appear based on SimCraft and Ask Mr Robot that Mastery is NOT the priority, its haste and crit now. Just wondering

No, there is no cap, and Mastery is not the highest priority stat.

On 9/6/2018 at 2:28 PM, Guest Zuliam said:

Hi i'm also wondering regarding the stats weight. Mr. Robot is str-haste-crit-mastery-versatility

the difference between crit and mastery really changes the way someone would gear up and choose between the weapon enchant for the offhand.

Stat weights are misleading - every single time you change a piece of gear, they will change, so it's not a matter of "get your stat weights and then gear up". Yes, that change can result in, for example, Crit overtaking Mastery for a short time, or Versatility overtaking Crit.

That said, it really is not as important of a gearing consideration as it would seem, because those are very short term considerations, which will flip back again in time. The long term secondary stat growth for Fury is very straightforward - Haste > Mastery > Crit >= Versatility. In practice you generally want ilevel > haste > everything else.

Tangentially, this is largely why simming your upgrades has become preferable to using an addon like Pawn to assess weights. Stat weights only take into account adding more of a given stat; they do not evaluate what happens when you remove stats from one piece of gear in order to gain stats when changing to another.

Guest Ryf

My azerite traits for M+ is : 
2x Reckless  and 1x Simmering Rage (+30%  damage tomorrow).
+Stack as much as possible Overwhelming Power. 

Its the best for me.

Guest Onlyvllad

im wondering what the +5, and +10 affixes to certain azerite powers mean could you clarify?