FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Starym

Allied Race Requirements Will Stay the Same

v964xGV.jpg

The dev announcements continue, with just one day from the pre-patch, we're getting new information on topics of interest to the community. With Battle for Azeroth arriving, many players were wondering whether the Argussian Reach, Army of the Light, Nightfallen and Highmountain exalted requirements for the current allied races would be removed or reduced once Legion is no longer current content. Today we got word that (for now) there are no plans to change the way the requirements work.

Here are the full unlock requirements for all the current Allied Races:

Allied Race Requirements
Highmountain Tauren Ain't No Mountain High EnoughAin't No Mountain High Enough + Exalted with Highmountain Tribe 
Lightforged Draenei You Are Now Prepared!You Are Now Prepared! + Exalted with Army of the Light
Nightborne InsurrectionInsurrection + Exalted with the Nightfallen
Void Elf You Are Now Prepared!You Are Now Prepared! + Exalted with Argussian Reach

And you can also check out our guides for the exalted reputations here.

• Like 1

Yikes. Incoming 50 reddit threads of millions quitting.

At the end of the day they will remove it eventually, but this is a big blow to the hype for new/returning players that sat out legion or longer.

25 minutes ago, Laragon said:

but this is a big blow to the hype for new/returning players that sat out legion or longer.

As opposed to the ones who ground out the rep when it was actually hard, you mean?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

34 minutes ago, Laragon said:

Yikes. Incoming 50 reddit threads of millions quitting.

At the end of the day they will remove it eventually, but this is a big blow to the hype for new/returning players that sat out legion or longer.

That's their own fault, they chose not to play and as such they shouldn't have access to rewards that require exalted reputation of an expansion they didn't play until they do it themselves. Many players have had to grind old reps in the past for rewards those who played at the time got and this is no different.

• Like 5

All those achievements are really easy to get now with the changes they made. And once players get to 120 and have gear of that level, the quests will only require time spent rather than any actual effort. However, an alternative would be nice. This Final Fantasy XIV route they seem to be taking is complete bullshit.

1 hour ago, Durf24 said:

That's their own fault, they chose not to play and as such they shouldn't have access to rewards that require exalted reputation of an expansion they didn't play until they do it themselves. Many players have had to grind old reps in the past for rewards those who played at the time got and this is no different.

Most players didn't grind those reps at all, they just came naturally as they did their emissary cache and world quests. The only people who didn't have those races unlocked automatically were PvPers who do no PvE content and a handful of super lazy casuals.

I dont mind if they remove it. I mean i got it but who cares, i just did it with daylies anyways. Its the same shit with CM Sets. I did work, it should not be so easy to get it or get it now. Damn greeders

Edit: "I dont mind if they get CM Sets for free too" im the one that says why not^^ Just make it easier for newer players, that means shorter qeue times for us all if more come back

Edited by Rooach

6 hours ago, Durf24 said:

So someone shouldn't have access to parts of a feature they paid for in the current content because its locked behind outdated content? And yes it is different, all of the old reputations and their rewards were within the context of the expansion associated with them.  Allied Races are a BFA feature not a Legion one, if that was the case I would agree with you. However, with the launch of the expansion I see no reason why those should still be in place since really they were only there to start with because they were pre-order bonuses. In summary I respectfully disagree.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Granis said:

So someone shouldn't have access to parts of a feature they paid for in the current content because its locked behind outdated content? And yes it is different, all of the old reputations and their rewards were within the context of the expansion associated with them.  Allied Races are a BFA feature not a Legion one, if that was the case I would agree with you. However, with the launch of the expansion I see no reason why those should still be in place since really they were only there to start with because they were pre-order bonuses. In summary I respectfully disagree.

It's not outdated yet :)(it's a contend of BfA, not Legion, so it is a bonus for those who still play to be a bit ahead) and even so, other allied races will be avaible  later and after finishing requemens (quest, rep., etc), so not much change + They will surely sooner or later remove achieve(questline) and rep. requemens for those 4 allied races so even new players can get them without problem :) I like the way it is now, as some1 who is still playing (even as a casual, i have Q-line and rep done without problem or some big effort) it's nice to have some contend sooner than others , who just w8 for patch/ex to return :)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Perak said:

It's not outdated yet :)(it's a contend of BfA, not Legion, so it is a bonus for those who still play to be a bit ahead) and even so, other allied races will be avaible  later and after finishing requemens (quest, rep., etc), so not much change + They will surely sooner or later remove achieve(questline) and rep. requemens for those 4 allied races so even new players can get them without problem ? I like the way it is now, as some1 who is still playing (even as a casual, i have Q-line and rep done without problem or some big effort) it's nice to have some contend sooner than others , who just w8 for patch/ex to return ?

I couldn't agree more, I am a casual myself and still need exalted on highmountain and farondis because i changed characters a lot

I would just double the rep gain from WQ for legion content after BFA is released, this should be enough for new players, it isn't that much of a grind with invasions and the daily chest quest

Maybe they should sell the races for like 5$ after next expansion, it is content you have to unlock and grind like reputation, mounts, tabard, pets etc. You don't HAVE to have them

• Like 1

I respect Blizzard for that decision.

Those allied race requirement make sense, in my opinion, and i agree, that you should know the races very well, to obtain the right to play them.
(i know, it's easy to say for me, since i played through all of legions run time, and had not to worry about that anyways... but still, i think i wouldnt complain and have a look how to obtain them ? )

This, and the magetower skins becoming unobtainable, even though it will obviously upset some players, shows me, that blizzard values the work put into those things by us.
(In this case, i am faaaar away from having many magetower skins, but i am not mad. i had the chance, and i just got the few for my favorite classes. all good)

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Granis said:

It's very silly to pull the "well people paid for the game so they are entitled to everything in it without doing anything" argument. Do you also think that mythic raid gear should be mailed out to everyone who plays the game because technically, they do pay for the game so why should they have to join a guild and fight through mythic? This is an MMO. Sometimes you have to put in some effort to get the reward, forking over the initial asking price and the monthly fee doesn't immediately give you everything in the game. That would be a horribly boring game, wouldn't it?

And yeah, you could say that this is BfA content, but it isn't really. The lightforged, highmountain and nightborne were all introduced in Legion and their stories played out over the course of Legion. 

I do hope blizzard stick to their guns on this one and don't break under the pressure. Getting to exalted with these factions really isn't that much to ask and you basically get it automatically by just playing the game. If people really want these allied races so badly that they threaten to quit the game forever if they don't get them then i have to ask why they don't they just get to work and do a couple of WQ's a day and the occasional emissary? 

Edit: Oh and as previously mentioned it's not outdated content yet so people are actually complaining about having to do the content later when it is outdated simply because they don't want to do it now when it is current for whatever reason. If a quarter of the time spent crying on the various forums were spent playing the game everyone would have these races by now.

Edited by Hariwald
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Hariwald said:

It's very silly to pull the "well people paid for the game so they are entitled to everything in it without doing anything" argument. Do you also think that mythic raid gear should be mailed out to everyone who plays the game because technically, they do pay for the game so why should they have to join a guild and fight through mythic? This is an MMO. Sometimes you have to put in some effort to get the reward, forking over the initial asking price and the monthly fee doesn't immediately give you everything in the game. That would be a horribly boring game, wouldn't it?

And yeah, you could say that this is BfA content, but it isn't really. The lightforged, highmountain and nightborne were all introduced in Legion and their stories played out over the course of Legion. 

I do hope blizzard stick to their guns on this one and don't break under the pressure. Getting to exalted with these factions really isn't that much to ask and you basically get it automatically by just playing the game. If people really want these allied races so badly that they threaten to quit the game forever if they don't get them then i have to ask why they don't they just get to work and do a couple of WQ's a day and the occasional emissary? 

Edit: Oh and as previously mentioned it's not outdated content yet so people are actually complaining about having to do the content later when it is outdated simply because they don't want to do it now when it is current for whatever reason. If a quarter of the time spent crying on the various forums were spent playing the game everyone would have these races by now.

Love it and nailed it!

And one more thing. Even if Blizz doesnt remove requments, it will be prety much ok.

1. doing quest at 120lvl will be prety fast (even now you can finish them all in one zone in cca 2-3hours depending on zone) so achieve req. is prety sure and fast to have (Nighborne of will take a "bit" more time)

2.there surely will be Legion timewalking dungeons in BfA = buying tokens for rep = easy rep  (Y)

3 minutes ago, Perak said:

And one more thing. Even if Blizz doesnt remove requments, it will be prety much ok.

1. doing quest at 120lvl will be prety fast (even now you can finish them all in one zone in cca 2-3hours depending on zone) so achieve req. is prety sure and fast to have (Nighborne of will take a "bit" more time)

2.there surely will be Legion timewalking dungeons in BfA = buying tokens for rep = easy rep  (Y)

Legion will have WoD Timewalking ?

It's not an issue for those who have played throughout Legion, like I had those reps done many months ago, but it's different for those who didn't play much or were inactive during this expansion. I can see where those upset are coming from, these races are one of the selling points of expansion. Just like draenei, blood elves, worgen, goblin and pandaren were for their respective expansions, so people were used to idea that buying expansion=instant access to new races, as it used to be.

Doesn't make much sense if they are going to keep them forever, perhaps they will remove these later during BFA or after it's over. Would have been rather clunky design, if returning or new people still had to go grind content that they outlevel from 2 expansions ago.

11 hours ago, Granis said:

They had access, just need to grind the reps... it's like complain bcose you need to buy master flayng or something like that...

And, "allied races" may be a BfA thing, but the first 4 races are Legion ones, so, make sense that you need to play thru Legio to get those... if you don't want those, you allways can play the next races, the ones that came with BfA...

38 minutes ago, Demenzel said:

They had access, just need to grind the reps... it's like complain bcose you need to buy master flayng or something like that...

Different things though, like having or not having flying in Draenor doesn't affect anyone playing current content. Race is a baseline thing, it's who your character is and rather important to bringing back players who stopped playing, just like it was for TBC, Cata or MoP. Then again, they will probably remove requirements eventually.

Also, all of allied races are BFA content, you can't play these 4 without buying BFA. 

Edited by Arcling

19 hours ago, PatrickHenry said:

As opposed to the ones who ground out the rep when it was actually hard, you mean?

I won't dismiss the efforts of players who dedicate their time and energy to not only playing Legion during off peak periods and getting to Exalted with very grindy factions, but having the option unlocked somewhere down the line for new or returning players to offer them something different if they, say for example, buy a Collector's edition or are recruited via friend, or at least introducing a proper scaling system 1-max level, not just 60, so that old content feels somewhat challenging and not old and lethargic doesn't sound unreasonable to me in the long run.  

Edited by Plergoth

9 minutes ago, Arcling said:

Different things though, like having or not having flying in Draenor doesn't affect anyone playing current content. Race is a baseline thing, it's who your character is and rather important to bringing back players who stopped playing, just like it was for TBC, Cata or MoP. Then again, they will probably remove requirements eventually.

Also, all of allied races are BFA content, you can't play these 4 without buying BFA. 

True, but is a requeriment, just like you need to be 120 to do WQ in Zandalar, the 120lvl is a requeriment, the same is to unlock the other races...

Besides, if I pay for BfA AND grind those rep, why should enyone have the same thing wothout the proper effort? That would be unfair

12 hours ago, Granis said:

You actually have the access to parts of a feature that you paid for.

Paying for a feature = paying for the access to the feature /= paying for immediate possession or entitlement.

Analogously,

Paying for college education (admission) = paying for accessing to the education /= paying for guaranteed summa cum laude.

Edited by Alvanith

26 minutes ago, Demenzel said:

Besides, if I pay for BfA AND grind those rep, why should enyone have the same thing wothout the proper effort? That would be unfair

Earlier access, that's the point. Just like gear from previous content becomes obsolete eventually, and everyone without effort gets better one.

21 hours ago, Alvanith said:

You actually have the access to parts of a feature that you paid for.

Paying for a feature = paying for the access to the feature /= paying for immediate possession or entitlement.

Analogously,

Paying for college education (admission) = paying for accessing to the education /= paying for guaranteed summa cum laude.

A college education isn't exactly what I would call a fair comparison, so I cannot agree with your analogy. My issue is that it is a major advertised feature of the current expansion yet you are expected to do an old content grind to access a large portion of it. Unless I'm mistaken no other time has the game required this. Again the whole reason the requirements are there to begin with is because they were "early access" bonuses to pre-ordering the expansion. Had Blizzard not done that I highly doubt the ones we got early access to would have even had any unlock requirements. So I guess we just have to agree to disagree on this subject.

• Like 1