FORUMS
knight85

Knight85's home for probably stupid questions

You guys are probably sick of me by now

so to avoid cloging up the forum with all my questions i'll be putting my questions here from now on,

the question for the evening is about artifact weapons.

We all know in battle for azeroth the artifact weapons are losing all their powers to seal the would at silithus (and technically already have)

my question is about what is happening to artifact powers for players who havent got that far yet? or players like me who is so totally lagging behind that I havent gotten out of the vanilla zones yet.

it's alright, mate. we are happy to help you ?

since 8.0 the artifacts have already lost their powers and all their traits and abilities. they are now just regular weapons with the exceptions of having relic slots to increase their itemlevel. this applies to freshly aquired artifacts too, so if you get to level 100 and do your artifact quest, you get the weapon but the traits will be grayed out. it's a bit inconsistent with the story progression you go through, but it's necessary to keep the game's mechanics consistent.

the artifact power tokens which would have increased your artifact's power level are now all just gray vendor items.

oh, and a little tip to speed up your leveling if you want to: you can buy heirloom items in the Rogue Quarter in Undercity, they grant you up to 50% extra XP.

• Thanks 1

yeah thanks. i have a load of heirlooms. got them a while back.

well i suppose in terms of the artifacts it works in my favor. no having to spend ages grinding artifact power to level them up.

to be honest i'm not all that enthused about the unholy death knight anymore. they stole the abomination tallent from me and put the gargoyle onto TALENTS. without the big guns the unholy is mainly just an affliction warlock with a sword and less minions

ok 2 new questions

the first 1 i'm not sure anybody will be able to answer yet.

it's about the Heritage Armor. right now I have a level 20 exp locked horde pandaren shaman.

i'm using him to develop rep for darkmoon faire for the insane in the membrane achievement. and I plan to keep him exp locked until I'm exalted with darkmoon to get darkmoon prize tickets off sub (if I let my subscription lapse to take a break)

I plan to do a mag'har orc shaman eventually

if somewhere down the line after unlocking the mag'har I were to race change my level 20 pandaren to a mag'har orc. does anybody know if would I still be able to get the heritage armor.

____________________________________________________________________________________

the second question is about items bought with wakening essence like Bone-Wrought Coffer of the DamnedBone-Wrought Coffer of the Damned

basically. what the hell are these items? saw a quest pop up in dalaran on my 110 boosted warrior last night and i took a look but i have no clue what the hell the blood elf is actually selling other than a few legendaries and items like tis

1. No, in order to unlock the Heritage Armor, you need to create a new allied race char and level them to max. no race changes, no boosts, no recruit-a-friend bonus levels. 

2. in legion, blizz introduced dozens of randomly dropping legendaries. after two years of the community complaining how randomly dropping legendaries are complete BS (because they are!), they finally gave us an option to straight up buy them from a vendor. the essences will just create a random legion legendary, so if you have some spare Wakening Essence on your main, you can buy and send them to your alts or something.

you can only wear two legion legendaries at the same time, and they only work up to level 116.

Edited by jinsu2301

got it thanks.

i figured i wouldnt be able to get the heritage armor from a race change. so instead i've decided when i do the race change it'll be to a blood elf paladin and i'll get insane in the membrane with him later on. and i'll just start over on the shaman with a frost wolf mag'har.

but that will be at least 5 months away. as i figure itll take me that long to get the exalted with darkmoon (i only do the 4 minigames i know i can win at so it'll take me longer. and i dont have strong enough battle pets for the dailies there)

but the race change will be a long ways off. my horde main is going to be a normal orc warrior. and my alliance main is a worgen hunter (but i'm doing a leveling run with some friends as a pandaren alliance shaman on the side)

hey guys. back with a new question

it's about the battle of lorderan quests.

does anybody know if this scenario is going to be part of battle for azeroth as an opening set of quests like the broken shore events in legion? or is it just a pre-expansion event

3 hours ago, knight85 said:

hey guys. back with a new question

it's about the battle of lorderan quests.

does anybody know if this scenario is going to be part of battle for azeroth as an opening set of quests like the broken shore events in legion? or is it just a pre-expansion event

afaik and remember from beta, it's the same as the broken shore scenario and mandatory

28 minutes ago, jinsu2301 said:

afaik and remember from beta, it's the same as the broken shore scenario and mandatory

It can be skipped on Beta when you complete it on one character.

• Thanks 1

dead on. i just wanted to make sure in case i missed my chance at it if i didnt do it with the 110 boosted warrior before the expansion goes live

Hey guys.

having a bit of an issue. there's a post in the mail box of one of my characters. its connected to a quest on bloodmyst isle A Letter from the AdmiralA Letter from the Admiral.

since i got that mail i havent been able to send any mail on that character and i cant delete the mail from the mailbox.

i tried deleting my cache and resetting my UI (total pain in the ass btw. had to redo all my button bindings on console port) but the mail is still there.

any ideas?

Hey guys. this is probably going to sound like a really stupid question. but i have to ask

can anybody tell me how i get into the stranglethorn fishing extravoganza? is it just a case of going fishing in stranglethorn on a sunday afternoon? or do i need to talk to an npc in booty bayfirst?

On 8/19/2018 at 1:17 AM, knight85 said:

Hey guys.

having a bit of an issue. there's a post in the mail box of one of my characters. its connected to a quest on bloodmyst isle A Letter from the AdmiralA Letter from the Admiral.

since i got that mail i havent been able to send any mail on that character and i cant delete the mail from the mailbox.

i tried deleting my cache and resetting my UI (total pain in the ass btw. had to redo all my button bindings on console port) but the mail is still there.

any ideas?

No idea why you can't delete it. Probably you can't delete it while having the quest in your journal. First, loot it to your inventory. Second, delete the quest from your journal. Third, delete this item. If this doesn't help, create a GM-Ticket.

Futher advice: basically you don't have to delete cache. Just move it cut & paste it on your desktop and restart WoW (new cache-folder will be created). If problem isn't solved, just cut & paste it back and overwrite the new cache-folder. In my experience, often it doesn't help much to delete cache. Always try to update first all your addons (or just disable all of them).

9 hours ago, knight85 said:

Hey guys. this is probably going to sound like a really stupid question. but i have to ask

can anybody tell me how i get into the stranglethorn fishing extravoganza? is it just a case of going fishing in stranglethorn on a sunday afternoon? or do i need to talk to an npc in booty bayfirst?

As far as i know, you just beginn if the event starts. Here you can find some more informations.

much thanks

in regards to the issue with the mail it resolved itself

as for the fishing. i'll take a stab at it later (i'm usually not in on a sunday at that time)

out of curiousity. lets say for the sake of argument i were to get the 40 specled tasty fish 1 week. would i be able to turn them in the next week?

13 hours ago, knight85 said:

much thanks

in regards to the issue with the mail it resolved itself

as for the fishing. i'll take a stab at it later (i'm usually not in on a sunday at that time)

out of curiousity. lets say for the sake of argument i were to get the 40 specled tasty fish 1 week. would i be able to turn them in the next week?

I'm pretty sure it doesn't work, but haven't tried it ?

Ok kiddies new question

I'm doinf a run of wow with some friends.

We're half way thru the 1-60 zones

And thanks 2 our heirlooms we're nearly at level 60

We plan to lock our exp until we hit the dark portal.

But we're still doing dungeons for quests and achievements.

So i wanted to know if our level 60 characters would still b able 2 access  the classic dungeons from the specific dungeon list 

So, first, usually there are no "kiddies" around here who can answer a question. If you like people to help, you should start with something more appealing. 

Do you mean to queue for a spicific older dungeon? Without to have tested it, i think you can do that. 

You can also do all the quest and achievments with a higher level. If this is your reason to do a lvl-lock, you dont need to. 

On 8/31/2018 at 6:23 AM, Allseye said:

So, first, usually there are no "kiddies" around here who can answer a question. If you like people to help, you should start with something more appealing. 

Do you mean to queue for a spicific older dungeon? Without to have tested it, i think you can do that. 

You can also do all the quest and achievments with a higher level. If this is your reason to do a lvl-lock, you dont need to. 

sory about that.

as for dungeons. i meant the classic content dungeons. level 60 and lower

On 8/31/2018 at 3:19 AM, knight85 said:

But we're still doing dungeons for quests and achievements.

So i wanted to know if our level 60 characters would still b able 2 access  the classic dungeons from the specific dungeon list 

Afaik once you are past level 60 that is no longer possible. But the dungeons are still out there in the open world, you just have to go to the entrance yourself, so even if you go past 60, you can always just go back and finish up any achievs or quests you have left with minimal effort.

got it thanks

we agreed to lock exp at level 60 and keep it locked until we clear the level 60 zones.

and i intend to control my exp similarly on my horde warlock. thanks to the heirlooms my warlock is blasting through levels faster than i anticipated

afternoon ladies and gents

back with a new question that was on my mind yesterday.

at present i'm working on darkmoon faire reputation on a horde shaman for the insane in the membrane achievement.

but i plan to do a race change for my pandaren shaman to make him a blood elf paladin (i'm going to do a mag'har shaman later)

i just want to make sure that when i do my race change. i'll still have my darkmoon rep. because i've already sunk a month into developing it and i'm working on my second month now.

30 minutes ago, knight85 said:

but i plan to do a race change for my pandaren shaman to make him a blood elf paladin

you cannot change the class of a character.

32 minutes ago, knight85 said:

just want to make sure that when i do my race change. i'll still have my darkmoon rep.

you will keep all your rep progress.

VILG you're right.

i thought there was an option for a class change when you changed races.

guess i'll just have to do a paladin seperately and keep the shaman for darkmoon and insane in the membrane

Afternoon ladies and gets. back with a new question. about the character transfer service.

lets say somebody is transfering a character between 2 accounts. and the character being transfered has some achievements and more importantly mounts that the the transfered character unlocked. would those achievements and mounts go with the character during the transfer?