FORUMS
knight85

Knight85's home for probably stupid questions

16 hours ago, jinsu2301 said:

You need a 120 character that has WQs activated.

thanks. is access to the invasions account wide? as usuall wowhead is clear as mud

• Like 1

9 hours ago, knight85 said:

thanks. is access to the invasions account wide?

yes, it is. 

as usuall wowhead is clear as mud

I think they wrote their guide under the assumption that everyone has unlocked world quests at this point.

Much thanks.

So basically i need to have bfa wqs unlocked on the account to get into the assaults.

Unlock on 1 character and the war begins on all.

Thanks. I've been torturing my guild for 2 weeks trying to see what i was missing

evening ladies and gents

got a quick question

i'm hunting around to make a bit of cash and i've decided to use pre warlords raids to meet my needs

can anybody tell me which raids other than the black temple and the heart of fear are purely straight up runs from 1 boss to the next? no fancy gimicks like the siege of orgrimar or icecrown. just kill 'em all and let the titans sort 'em out

2 hours ago, knight85 said:

i'm hunting around to make a bit of cash and i've decided to use pre warlords raids to meet my needs

can anybody tell me which raids other than the black temple and the heart of fear are purely straight up runs from 1 boss to the next? no fancy gimicks like the siege of orgrimar or icecrown. just kill 'em all and let the titans sort 'em out

In my experience, Firelands and Bastion of Twilight are two of the fastest old raids. The only "gimmick" in Firelands is that you need to kill a certain amount of trash to summon one of the bosses. Might take a few runs to find the optimal route for you, but once you have it down, you can do it in under 15 minutes.

If you are doing it purely for the cash though, I heavily advise against solo raiding. The average gold you can earn just doing the really fast dungeons on multiple chars without any travel time etc. is only about 8k per hour. Farming BfA herbs, even the cheap ones, will be several times more profitable, especially once raiding starts again next week. Heck, you might be able to simply flip the stuff, buying cheap now and selling high next week for a decent profit. But that's just my opinion.

the character i would be doing it with isnt one i'll be taking into bfa.

he's just a 110 i use a free boost on to get the war of thorns mount. the most i might do with him in regards to bfa is take him into the battle for lorderan so i can get the heart of azeroth and a piece of azerite armor to increase his survival against legion world bosses.

but if i can make more money from pre warlords raids i wont need that. at the moment i'm just working on building up 10K of gold for full flying for my alliance main on quel'thelas

i might do it with my demon hunter but that would just be to make some quick cash for bags from the auctions. and possibly for flying for other characters.

but doing pre legion raids as a demon hunter is hampered by the fact that any tokens you get to make leather armor are worthless since demon hunters cant use them. believe me i tried when i did the black temple and heart of fear on my demon hunter before christmas

i'm also doing it for some transmogs but thats not the major priority right now since most of the sets i want are from legion and pvp

i know herbalism would net me money but i only got into bfa before christmas and my new ps4 has distracted me from dedicating time to my demon hunter. plus the fact that my demon hunter is an alchemist. i need the herbs to make potions for myself right now.

the idea just occured to me after i made nearly 700 gold last night on my last solo run of the black temple (i got the warglaives.

now i need to wait for the next burning crusade timewalking to get the transmog) the way i was thinking. if i can do that raid in an hour on my own. how much could i make on other raids? and i'm going to take another look through the wowhead website to see where the transmog sets i want come from in terms of raids

Edited by knight85

If you are doing old raids for transmogs, that's fine. Just don't do it for the gold, it's a waste of time. Just get a 110 char through the BfA intro and farm herbs, you won't need any potions if you are not doing any endgame content. Or just buy a token if you don't have the time to play WoW.

• Haha 1

hey guys.

new question, this time about bfa raids

what kind of item level would i need to be able to survive in heroic uldir? i'm at 332 right now and planning to work towards 340 from warfronts and a normal uldir raid this weekend

8 hours ago, knight85 said:

what kind of item level would i need to be able to survive in heroic uldir? i'm at 332 right now and planning to work towards 340 from warfronts and a normal uldir raid this weekend

You can "survive" with something as low as 320 if you use your def-CDs properly. If we're talking about your entire raid group, you should have an average of at least 350 for the first few bosses, and 360 for a full clear run.

Unless you're pugging, in which case you need at least 375 and several full HC clear runs...

Remember that Season 2 will start next week, meaning that a lot of rewards will see a bump in ilvl, e.g. non-key Mythic dungeons will reward 370 gear, emissaries will scale up to 385.

Yeah i knew the bump up was coming.

But my guild is going to do a run of the new raid next week and they want participants at item level 360 or better and even with the normal uldir run last week i'm lagging behind

I'm going 2 do warfronts at the weekend and the guild is doing another normal uldir on sunday. I'm hoping 4 some new weapons and a few rings and trinkets

• Haha 1

hey guys. back to annoy you with a new question. but i promise its a legit question this time

is there any way to set something up where you can automatically put a target marker (like a skull) over an enemy when you target them?

cause there have been a few instances where i'm in dungeons and i loose sight of my target in the melee

21 hours ago, knight85 said:

is there any way to set something up where you can automatically put a target marker (like a skull) over an enemy when you target them?

Pretty much any nameplate addon allows you to customize the look of your target vs your non-targets, be it size, transparency, color or whatever. I personally use Threat Plates, which is more oriented towards tanking but it works fine for me as a healer/DPS.

On 3/3/2019 at 4:20 PM, jinsu2301 said:

Pretty much any nameplate addon allows you to customize the look of your target vs your non-targets, be it size, transparency, color or whatever. I personally use Threat Plates, which is more oriented towards tanking but it works fine for me as a healer/DPS.

thanks

Afternoon Ladies and Gents.

after much silence i'm back to torment you.

this time my question is about Garrisons and Order halls.

i'm not sure if this will make sense but i'm asking anyway

lets say for the sake of argument i have a character who hits level 98 and has a garrison (including the notificaton icon along the edge of the mini-map for garrison missions) and i go do the broken shore scenario for starting into legion. and then i move on to get my first artifact weapon. if i didnt go any further into order hall content (no meetings about missions/followers or anything related to the order hall or legion at all) would i still have the garrison icon? or would the order hall icon take its place?

44 minutes ago, knight85 said:

lets say for the sake of argument i have a character who hits level 98 and has a garrison (including the notificaton icon along the edge of the mini-map for garrison missions) and i go do the broken shore scenario for starting into legion. and then i move on to get my first artifact weapon. if i didnt go any further into order hall content (no meetings about missions/followers or anything related to the order hall or legion at all) would i still have the garrison icon? or would the order hall icon take its place?

I don't know, and I don't have any way to test this. But you can always access the Garrison Report regardless either via macro:

/run ShowGarrisonLandingPage(LE_GARRISON_TYPE_6_0)

or with addons like Garrison Mission Manager, which brings up the Garrison Report when right clicking the Order Hall/War Campaign Missions Report by the minimap.

PS: The number in the macro after TYPE stands for the game version number, so TYPE_6_0 is the Garrison, TYPE_7_0 is the Order Hall, TYPE_8_0 is the current missions report.

sweet thanks

i was actually considering testing it by making a class trial and then starting a garrison before going into the legion artifact missions.

atm i'm just in the middle of a few projects and it didnt occur to me until today to investigate

Hey guys on seeking a little advice on some issues

1) Beyond runs that would be needed for lore achievents in expacs (and to experience the zone stories) how common would it be to just blitz a character to max level with heirlooms and dungeons rather than questing?

Just curious because i'm trying to shave back on questing on characters to get all my characters into legion faster. and mainly because just about every time i go to orgrimar i see at least a dozen players milling around the valley of strength seemingly doing nothing.

2) How many players on here would do the bfa zone quests and war campaign on alts as well as mains?

And also. How would you manage stuff like world quests across multiple characters?

I know at the moment we need to do the opening questlines in Kul Tiras/Zandalar and hit friendly with the 3 factions  in th ezones to upgrade the flightmasters whistle for bfa use.

But i'm mainly querying bcause for some stupid reason some of the flight paths i have on my demon hunter. Are linked the quest progression for zones and war campaign (namely nazmir, voldun and tiragarde sound) I'm just curious for when i get my new mains up to bfa on what the best course of action would be.

In regards to world quests i'm thinking. Pick a character and stick with it for a week or something to that effect. But since i only have my demon hunter doing bfa at the moment its a moot point right now until i can level my death knights

Hey guys on seeking a little advice on some issues

1) Beyond runs that would be needed for lore achievents in expacs (and to experience the zone stories) how common would it be to just blitz a character to max level with heirlooms and dungeons rather than questing?

Just curious because i'm trying to shave back on questing on characters to get all my characters into legion faster. and mainly because just about every time i go to orgrimar i see at least a dozen players milling around the valley of strength seemingly doing nothing. 

Can't say if its common or not, it depends on what you like. If you try to MinMax needed time to maxlevel - just running dungeons isn't as fast as it once was. Personally, i enjoyed to mix it. Run dungeons 4 quests or if it's a fast one where you "grind" XP-reward of a runthroug (don't know if its still worth it, haven't lvled an alt recently).

2) How many players on here would do the bfa zone quests and war campaign on alts as well as mains

Just did war campaign to a certain point with my alts to unlock some stuff. But thats not needed anymore. So i don't play it with my alts.

And also. How would you manage stuff like world quests across multiple characters?

I don't do alot WQ in general. Not with my main, not with my alt. It doesn't feel rewardful. But i know people doing every WQ for azerite. But with catch-up-mechanics, it doesn't really matter. As long you unlock the 3 outter rings, azerite/hearth of azerot-lvl isn't that big upgrade anymore.

But i'm mainly querying bcause for some stupid reason some of the flight paths i have on my demon hunter. Are linked the quest progression for zones and war campaign (namely nazmir, voldun and tiragarde sound) I'm just curious for when i get my new mains up to bfa on what the best course of action would be.

Well, i think they don't anymore? Couldn't you buy the "flightmap" with your alts in Boralus?

Yeah i did buy the map with an alliance character. But i'm not sure what paths the map opens on the horde side.

I'll look into it at the weekend

I feel like I've asked this before, but what's your goal? What is your endgame?

I'm asking because it seems like you are trying to figure out some grand elaborate plan for... well, for what exactly?

Tba my main objective is to get a set of characters on wach faction up to bfa content.

Atm i'm working on my new mains leveled thru the expacs.

I was mainly asking about what people do regarding bfa content bcause i'm planning to shave back the number of characters i do zone runs with. And cut back on the zones i run.

Whereas before i was planning to do every expac zone on each character. Now i'm going to cut the zones in half.

I.e 1 alliance character will do outland and pandaria. While another will do northrend and cataclysm.

Beyond that. Any other characters will be blitzed to high level and then i'll just double back for professions and faction for crafting.

I know it seems kind of convoluted but the objective is actually to cut back on the amount of work and hassle i have

you still haven't said what your endgame (the part that comes after the leveling) will look like ^^'

I understand that you want a bunch of characters at max, but why? are you gonna raid, M+, PvP, farming gold... or are you purely a casual solo player? what are your goals, beyond leveling?

here's the thing, you are asking what most players are doing, but I think the vast majority of players play the game very differently to how you play, on a fundamental level. they pick their main, push them to 120, and then the actual game starts for them. not saying that you should do the same, just saying that that's how most people, even altoholics like me, play.

Oh rite.

My endgame is a bit of everything really. I do wqs on my own and do raids and m+ with my guild. But i mainly play solo

But i do get what you mean. I'm mainly into lore and professions in terms of playing (and mount, pet and transmog hunting). I hate pvp (but i need to do some for the pvp artifact skins and marks of honor for transmog sets.

I want to see the story as i go and see how we got to where the game is right now.

I havent done any of the quest past the 1-60 zones except for 1 path and part of northrend. So i want to see the how and why of the story.

I've been constantly been changing my  plans over the last year

but the objective remained the same. Develop a set of characters to legion

working on professions as i go. And then once i reach that milestone i'll decide on my main and what i want to do with them.

I know i'm probably not making much sense but atm i'm thinking more of the road than the finishline.

Although the chances are that i'm overthinking things again arent i? Just when i think i have everything sorted out and have decided on a direction to go in. Something pops up to derail me

On 5/3/2019 at 5:00 PM, knight85 said:

working on professions as i go. And then once i reach that milestone i'll decide on my main and what i want to do with them.

This is one of my favourite parts of the game and what I often do at max level. I sit in the main cities, crafting things, selling things, just generally playing around on the auction house. I have been aiming for 100% of recipes for my Mage's professions and it is pretty enjoyable. 

WoW is open to so many different styles of play and paths to venture down that, if you want to focus on a characters journey, you can. Much of the focus of the game is on the end-game PvP/PvE, but that doesn't mean there isn't heaps of content to do on the way.

yeah very true.

it had just occured to me a few weeks back while i was leveling an orc warrior towards 100 to set up a garrison for hexweave bags (with the plan to use timewalking to blitz the rest of the way to 120 for bfa bags) that i could have been leveling a mag'har warrior instead to get the mag'har orc heritage armor for my shaman and hunter later. and then it set off this whole chain reaction of ideas for running zones.

which resulted in my cutting back the number of characters i had running zones for lore achievements (i still plan to run the zones on each faction but that's less for achievements and more to see the story from both sides as i go) then i started cutting back on expacs i was running (where before i was going to do all the expacs on each character. now i'm cutting back in each level band by 1. so on 1 character i'll do outland and pandaria. and on the other i'll do northrend and cataclysm. then go to draenor.

and at the minute i'm looking through transmog sets from questing to see if there is anything decent. thus far the only good stuff is crafted, dungeon and raid gear (the questing gear for the most part sucks)

so right this minute i'm thinking. blitz my death knights to level 90 with dungeons to access draenor. then go back to do any rep stuff for crafting recipies i want and the profession stuff with my exp locked. and sort out the alchemy for the prior expansions before i go to draenor (i'll level draenor because my death knights are the only ones i plan to do my garrison questing on at the moment)

then worry about lore achievements and storylines on my shamans, hunters and paladin