FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Starym

Big Class Tuning Coming August 7th

ZWpDd05.jpg

We have some class tuning coming with this week's maintenance featuring Resto Druids, Arcane Mages, WW Monks, Retri Paladins, Disc and Holy Priests, Resto Shamans, Rogues and Arms Warriors. The hardest hit are Disc Priests and all Rogue specs, with Arms Warrs and Rest Shamans getting some buffs.

Blizzard LogoAugust 7 (source)

With regular weekly maintenance in each region, starting in the Americas region tomorrow morning, we're making some adjustments to several specs to address balance issues in the Pre-Patch. Here's a rundown of the changes you'll see in the live game:

• Mage
    • Arcane
  • Paladin
    • Retribution
      • All damage abilities have been reduced 3%.
  • Rogue
    • Assassination
      • All damage abilities reduced 4%.
    • Outlaw
      • All damage abilities reduced 3%.
    • Subtlety
      • All damage abilities reduced 4%.
  • Warrior
    • Arms
      • All damage abilities increased 3%.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, krapmyself said:

dang. my rogue seeing double nerfs within a 3 week period.

Got flashback from Legion and what they've done to rogue on start of expansion...

2 hours ago, krapmyself said:

i guess when the expansion released we wil want 2-3 hours to kill a mob

2 hours ago, krapmyself said:

That was kinda obvious that palas and rouges will get a nerf since theyre dmg is ridiculous at the moment. As sub they have no problem of hitting for 10-15 k dmg so thats sic

Come on men, they make unplayable the Arc Mage, is not only BOOOOOOORING with only 2 or 3 spells usefull in the rotation, now is the most weak class in the entire game. Why Blizzard, why change a class that was working perfect in Legion? Why dont tell us they want we play "A", "B" or "C" class and finish this joke? Really men, come on!

38 minutes ago, Azheal said:

That was kinda obvious that palas and rouges will get a nerf since theyre dmg is ridiculous at the moment. As sub they have no problem of hitting for 10-15 k dmg so thats sic

But it sucks, because Rogues doesn't have such a good defensive abilities like Palas/Warriors/DKs (who are also plate wearers) and its whole gameplay is DMG dependent. If they nerf DMG for class, which should be a glass cannon to deal the same amount as normal plate, then it's pointless to play a rogue, because plate vs leather with the same dps is not worth even trying above 1.8k. There were only several rogues above that rank, because playing DK/DH/even Feral brought you much easier gameplay. The last one is the good example how to make class garbage. During Legion after rework for Ferals, Feral become just better Rogue.

55 minutes ago, Xavenir said:

But it sucks, because Rogues doesn't have such a good defensive abilities like Palas/Warriors/DKs (who are also plate wearers) and its whole gameplay is DMG dependent. If they nerf DMG for class, which should be a glass cannon to deal the same amount as normal plate, then it's pointless to play a rogue, because plate vs leather with the same dps is not worth even trying above 1.8k. There were only several rogues above that rank, because playing DK/DH/even Feral brought you much easier gameplay. The last one is the good example how to make class garbage. During Legion after rework for Ferals, Feral become just better Rogue.

Rogue doesnt have such good defensive abilities? Can you maybe open your spellbook and bind ur missing spells? ?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Xavenir said:

Are you out of your mind or just trolling? Feint? Cloak? Evasion? Crimson Vial? Cheat Death? Your class was literally stacked to oblivion throughout Legion BECAUSE of your defensives. I lost a raidspot so many times in ToS because of your class. Only Feint was slightly nerfed, everything else works the same. I don't understand whether you're trolling or  just very unskilled.

Edited by Synthz0rz
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Amateurpeeweeeeh said:

Rogue doesnt have such good defensive abilities? Can you maybe open your spellbook and bind ur missing spells? ?

This. Rogue has one of the best, If not the best defensive toolkit against almost anything on a very short to medium Cooldown! ?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Istinon said:

This. Rogue has one of the best, If not the best defensive toolkit against almost anything on a very short to medium Cooldown! ?

Exactly. A Rogues defensive potential doesn't come from wearing plate but from the abilities. Granted they nerfed perma-feint which with talent was what? like 50% aoe and 30% non aoe mitigation that you could have up forever. Even with the cooldown, feint will still be great in Raids and Dungeons. Cloak got nerfed too if I'm not mistaken, but there's Evasion as well – everything baseline. A Rogues Survivability is still insanely good.

I'm rather surprised they buffed Arms Warriors - from what I hear, they're doing pretty well - guess I was wrong...

And to nerf an ability by 27% seems rather huge - gg WWs ?

Edited by Evincare
Spelling

4 minutes ago, Evincare said:

Exactly. A Rogues defensive potential doesn't come from waring plate but from the abilities. Granted they nerfed perma-feint which with talent was what? like 50% aoe and 30% non aoe mitigation that you could have up forever. Even with the cooldown, feint will still be great in Raids and Dungeons. Cloak got nerfed too if I'm not mistaken, but there's Evasion as well – everything baseline. A Rogues Survivability is still insanely good.

I'm rather surprised they buffed Arms Warriors - from what I hear, they're doing pretty well - guess I was wrong...

And to nerf an ability by 27% seems rather huge - gg WWs ?

Yeah like, DKs and Warriors literally have nothing except very clunky and long cooldowns, rogue has like 4 buttons that cost only a gcd (in some cases, not even that) and he is complaining they are glass cannons. Some people really have zero clue about their class.

On the WW change, Blackout Kick was way too strong for its cost and it completely distorted the rotation, making Rising Sun Kick barely worth using at all. This is a great step in the right direction and its preferable that WW gets buffs on other parts / aura buff to compensate if its not competitive now.

Check http://www.peakofserenity.com/2018/07/18/legion-ww-gets-its-ass-blackout-kicked/ for more information on this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Seksi said:

On the WW change, Blackout Kick was way too strong for its cost and it completely distorted the rotation, making Rising Sun Kick barely worth using at all. This is a great step in the right direction and its preferable that WW gets buffs on other parts / aura buff to compensate if its not competitive now.

Check http://www.peakofserenity.com/2018/07/18/legion-ww-gets-its-ass-blackout-kicked/ for more information on this.

So is priority back to RSK > BOK?

I can understand nerfing Rogue Damage in PvP but overall damage nerf is a bit excessive.

Outside of the opener Rogue damage isn't all that impressive.  Sin/Sub Rogues have really good Damage Buffs from Stealth but once we are past the opener we already hit like a soft noodle.

If anything, they should have nerfed Rogue Openers hard and gave a minor buff to overall damage to help our weak sustained damage.

Edited by geofferson
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Prophet001 said:

So is priority back to RSK > BOK?

I would guess so... as one Comment on Wowhead put it:

Problem: Monks are complaining RSK isn't even worth using anymore, not enough damage.

Solution: Well let's nerf BOK, that'll teach them to use RSK again.

/shrug

Don't get me wrong. I read peak of Serenity and the way it was, was clearly not the way Blizzard intended WW should play. If I got peak correctly, you just generated Chi by any means possible to dump it on BOK – with the occasional FoF. Granted I didn't play WW in the prepatch. So something had to be done. But nerfing one major damage ability by roughly a third without compensating for it anywhere else seems like a big deal in my book. Well at least in theory. I guess it remains to be seen, how WW monks fare after the change.

Edited by Evincare

41 minutes ago, Evincare said:

I would guess so... as one Comment on Wowhead put it:

Problem: Monks are complaining RSK isn't even worth using anymore, not enough damage.

Solution: Well let's nerf BOK, that'll teach them to use RSK again.

/shrug

Don't get me wrong. I read peak of Serenity and the way it was, was clearly not the way Blizzard intended WW should play. If I got peak correctly, you just generated Chi by any means possible to dump it on BOK – with the occasional FoF. Granted I didn't play WW in the prepatch. So something had to be done. But nerfing one major damage ability by roughly a third without compensating for it anywhere else seems like a big deal in my book. Well at least in theory. I guess it remains to be seen, how WW monks fare after the change.

I'll wait for people to do the math, because I'm a lazy guy, but it would indeed imply that RSK comes again as a higher priority than BOK.

Knowing this, it could also mean that Chi Wave coudl be back as the best mono talent of it's tier, while Chi Burst would be the best for AoE. (The main attract of Chi Burst is the Chi generation, that allowed another BOK to be cast.)

I think at least some of this is justified. Just felt wrong playing my Disc Priest with the same gear level as my Hunter and dealing more damage with far less interaction and very straight forward talents (Sins of the Many for example). 

I think that you guys don't understand what i mean. Rogues were designed as glass cannons and this what they're today is just nothing more like warriors with same dmg and less survivability. By survivability I mean the grounds, which should be balancing there, not the skills in your spellbooks. Balancing games has nothing to do with player's skills. Try challenge ppl above 2k rating as a rogue (not in the pre-patch one) and then we can talk. ?

20 minutes ago, Xavenir said:

I think that you guys don't understand what i mean. Rogues were designed as glass cannons and this what they're today is just nothing more like warriors with same dmg and less survivability. By survivability I mean the grounds, which should be balancing there, not the skills in your spellbooks. Balancing games has nothing to do with player's skills. Try challenge ppl above 2k rating as a rogue (not in the pre-patch one) and then we can talk. ?

I click Riposte and gg 

1 hour ago, Xavenir said:

Well then, i really hope you never doing balancing stuff in any game ? . No seriously, Blizzard has to balance classes while considering player skills. It's not just: "oh well, lets assume people are face-rolling and arms paddling - this we have to balance". Balancing has to be made around the assumption player knows how to play. Otherwise there would be insane overpowerd classes if you know how to play. Doesn't make sense, don't you think?