FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
online88

Wavebringer Kardis tanking

Hello!

I'm looking for help with Wavebringer Kardis tanking on heroic mode.

My guild is currently stucked a bit on shamans cuz we are killing him with abuse tactic and cant find more tank to fill the raid.

On some forums i've read that Kardis can be tanked by warlock. This gonna help my team a lot. So I'm looking for experienced ppl who already did this. Some advices with spec, talents and gear itemisation would be cool.

Thanks for help. peace.

P.S. we are 10 man

Edited by online88

Normal or Heroic?  Either way, this sounds awful.  I would imagine this is done by highly geared Warlocks in normal mode. 

"Abuse Tactic?"  You mean separate them like it was seemingly designed for?  This isn't an abuse tactic...it's a renowned tactic that just makes sense based on the knowledge of what each boss does.  I can't imagine your two real tanks taking Haromm up the hill and you being the only tank left on Kardris. 

This thread remember me how Midwinter failed in killing Shamans without spreading in Blizzcon.

anytime we wipe on heroic shamans on farm night we say "guys dont fucking midwinter this." just a joke of course :)

• Like 1

Writing.... *scribble*.... that.... *scribble*.... down.... *finish scribbles*.

Normal or Heroic?  Either way, this sounds awful.  I would imagine this is done by highly geared Warlocks in normal mode. 

"Abuse Tactic?"  You mean separate them like it was seemingly designed for?  This isn't an abuse tactic...it's a renowned tactic that just makes sense based on the knowledge of what each boss does.  I can't imagine your two real tanks taking Haromm up the hill and you being the only tank left on Kardris. 

As of Blizzard blue posts about 10 man instances its a clearly abuse tactic. But its not the main idea of this post.

Kardis can me tanked by warlock on heroic mode...And I'm not in a delirium.

It's not an abuse tactic.  It's a clever use of mechanics.  Reading the Dungeon Journals just screams that they should be separated and tanked separately.  Was it an "abuse" mechanic to 4 heal Heroic Shek'zeer in Heroic Heart of Fear?  What about using a 3rd tank on Heroic Stone Guard to handle the running of the Crystal?  3 tanks on Dark Shamans is not an abuse tactic.

If Kardris can be tanked by a Warlock in Heroic Mode, go do it then link the logs here.  Youtube turns up 0 results for any Warlock tanking ANYTHING in 10 man Heroic mode. 

It's not an abuse tactic.  It's a clever use of mechanics.  Reading the Dungeon Journals just screams that they should be separated and tanked separately.  Was it an "abuse" mechanic to 4 heal Heroic Shek'zeer in Heroic Heart of Fear?  What about using a 3rd tank on Heroic Stone Guard to handle the running of the Crystal?  3 tanks on Dark Shamans is not an abuse tactic.

If Kardris can be tanked by a Warlock in Heroic Mode, go do it then link the logs here.  Youtube turns up 0 results for any Warlock tanking ANYTHING in 10 man Heroic mode. 

Well i've did same with youtube...and yes its  abouse as of Blizzard post about numbler of tanks in 10 man raids...but it's still not the main point....Few Russian guys are doing this thing with Kardis tanking by warlock...And u know I've tryed asking few of them..but as of THEIR ULTRA INDIVIDUAL SPECIAL IMBA personality they dont reply...And some of them I just cant catch online cuz they closed full content and clearing whole SoO hc in 1 day...So i thought Icy-Veins cud be the place where imba's can improve my knowledge...sigh

Edited by online88

Omaric, yes, you need 3 tanks to separate.  Haromm has a debuff that stacks infinitely that ideally should be swapped out at 5 stacks.  I just can't see a Warlock successfully tanking Kardris.  Also, Russians are crazy.  Even if they do it, they're likely severely overgearing the content and doing a 'for fun' type mechanic. 

i have no idea how hard kardris melees cloth on 10H but i guess if you can get healed through the melee hits then it's pretty doable considering once he starts casting geysers you aren't even being hit for the duration.

Online has a point.  I think we can all agree that Warlocks, when needed, can actually play a back-up tank role.  With proper use of CD's it's definitely doable.  You only need to tank them for 30 seconds at a time.

Does it really matter if its an "abuse of tactics"? Back in ToT a prot paladin could solo tank atleast half of the fights, essentially lowering the number of tanks you need to under the normal amount. Bringing a 3rd tank is pretty much the same thing. It shouldn't be enough of a problem for you to try to warlock tank (which in my opinion is just as much as an abuse of mechanics).

I've been thinking about this fight and how I would tank it since most of the damage is manageable. Stat priority would be Stam > Int (Magic Reduction) > Mastery (Melee Reduction) > Haste (Drain Life). Trinkets would be Rook's Unlucky Talisman, PVP Battlemaster trinket, or other stam trinkets. Unsure if the tank legendary cloak/meta actually works with DA Glyphed. Talents would have to be Harvest Life, Mortal Coil, Soul Link, Burning Rush, Sacrifice. Your level 90 talent would be either AD or MF, depending if you want AD for an extra healing boost or MF for sniping slimes. Glyphs would have to be Demon Hunting, Eternal Resolve (10% flat dmg reduction), Drain Life (5% per tick, up from 2%). Soul Consumption works with Dark Apotheosis, so its an option if your healers are amazing and you can get killing blows on slimes, but Drain Life is much safer.

The only thing I think might be problematic is getting crit by a froststorm bolt (680k hit after DA reduc). I really just need to get in there and try it though.

Edited by Typecast

True, It really wouldn't be that powerful if you're already focusing on staying alive instead of dps'ing your heart out.

actually, i'm pretty confident i would never use that trinket for this. Worst case (just kardris), you wont life-steal more than 4k hps. I'd rather have the extra 60-70k HP. Drain life spamming will do about ~600k hp5 anyway (150% harvest life + 30% glyphed drain life), so self healing wont be an issue. You just need enough of a buffer to survive back-to-back casts when kiting slimes and get frostbolted.

Edited by Typecast

spell_warlock_demonsoul.jpgSoul Barrier Might come in handy for your Stam/Absorb needs. If you take a big hit you can pop the absorb to help lessen the power of the next. Other than that, the biggest stam trinket or battlemaster trinket you can find is probably the best option.

Edit: Physical damage. Darn. Yea I guess theres nothing else that's helpful.

Edited by Fouton

I've been thinking about this fight and how I would tank it since most of the damage is manageable. Stat priority would be Stam > Int (Magic Reduction) > Mastery (Melee Reduction) > Haste (Drain Life). Trinkets would be Rook's Unlucky Talisman, PVP Battlemaster trinket, or other stam trinkets. Unsure if the tank legendary cloak/meta actually works with DA Glyphed. Talents would have to be Harvest Life, Mortal Coil, Soul Link, Burning Rush, Sacrifice. Your level 90 talent would be either AD or MF, depending if you want AD for an extra healing boost or MF for sniping slimes. Glyphs would have to be Demon Hunting, Eternal Resolve (10% flat dmg reduction), Drain Life (5% per tick, up from 2%). Soul Consumption works with Dark Apotheosis, so its an option if your healers are amazing and you can get killing blows on slimes, but Drain Life is much safer.

The only thing I think might be problematic is getting crit by a froststorm bolt (680k hit after DA reduc). I really just need to get in there and try it though.

Unless something changed, boss spells cannot crit -- only melee attacks.

Edited by Belloc

Unless something changed, boss spells cannot crit -- only melee attacks.

I'm working under the assumption that only tanks are crit immune. Since DA is just a survival stance and not a tank spec, we are still vulnerable to crits from all sources of boss damage (both melee attacks and spells).

Belloc is right.  True tank specs are crit immune, but that still just affects melee attacks.