FORUMS

I love the whole heirloom thing for alts and even main toons when starting out in new servers. I am keeping my fingers crossed, blizzard will patch in the required purchaseable for gold items needed to scew the heirloom gear up to 110. Iam also hoping if they do this, they make the gear scale relatively with the comparables we are looting and being rewarded in quests, on our journey to 110. Does anyone know of any info on this. great guide by the way. Thank you. A little constructive critisism/recomendation just for fyi to those who are going to buy all the heirloom gear, do a total cost  to get the gear to scale to 100.

• Like 1

Awesome guide, thanks for pulling together.  One thing I'd like to see/suggest is to help understand what priority order one should acquire these lovely 'looms.  I can't buy them all, but I can buy some, which slots should I start with? Head, weapon, etc.?

(In my particular case, I'm leveling 3 casters, but I would assume there is a generic response, or at least a class-generic approach?)

thanks again

• Like 1

@Crozzer, 
Cloth can be worn by everyone.  Personally I would get a weapon (Staff) as you don't worry about finding one.  
But Armor with XP bonus is where I would focus on.  That way you can level faster. 

• Like 1

On 16.11.2016 at 10:08 PM, Crozzer said:

Awesome guide, thanks for pulling together.  One thing I'd like to see/suggest is to help understand what priority order one should acquire these lovely 'looms.  I can't buy them all, but I can buy some, which slots should I start with? Head, weapon, etc.?

Fair point by Fors, Cloth can be used by all classes, regardless of role. Yes, it doesn't perform that well as a tank, but it doesn't matter that much.

I would always take the pieces that grant XP bonus first, then weapons after, since they impact your damage the most and how fast mobs/dungeons are cleared, when compared to trinkets for example.

I've read a thousand guides and waited a couple months, but the shipyard heirloom would still not show on my map. :D

Thank you for reading my rant.

On 10/07/2017 at 4:37 AM, SinanDira said:

I've read a thousand guides and waited a couple months, but the shipyard heirloom would still not show on my map. :D

RNG is the best!

3 hours ago, Blainie said:

RNG is the best!

Dude, I quit my favorite game, Dota, because of RNGs. And OH, the rings showed up three days ago! YAHOO!

• Like 1

On 7/10/2017 at 0:37 PM, SinanDira said:

Here is a comment from wowhead:

1. Level 3 Shipyard.
2. Hand in the quest item Equipment Blueprint: Ghostly SpyglassEquipment Blueprint: Ghostly Spyglass. Drops from Captain Ironbeard in Tanaan Jungle.

Some of your ships should be equipped with Ghostly Spyglass to counter the mission's Cursed Crew.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 19/07/2017 at 6:46 PM, SinanDira said:

Dude, I quit my favorite game, Dota, because of RNGs. And OH, the rings showed up three days ago! YAHOO!

Grats! Hopefully you got it! :D

On 12/15/2018 at 10:35 PM, Merluz said:

Is this still valid yet in 8.1? Is it worth upgrade the heirlooms?

Yes, as of 8.1.5 you can upgrade them to go to 120, and there's additional hierlooms too

Could do with updating the original post for the new looms and said update to 120 plus costing

• Like 2

I'll explain simply.

Windwalker or Brewmaster monk would want the leather agility heirlooms.

• Helmet, pants, cape are bought from your guild merchant for about 1000-1300 gold each. These go to 85.

• Shoulders, chest, trinkets, weapons, are all from the justice heirlooms vendor, using justice points. These go to 80 but can be upgraded with more justice points, to go to 85.

• Both heirloom trinkets are good. Especially early on when trinkets are more rare. The trinket that gives health is the best for you, if you only wanted to buy one.

You want leather armor with agility on it. For weapons you can either get the agility staff, or the two agility one-handed maces. There are also fist weapons that can be won from brawler's guild but I believe they are the same as the maces.

• Generally brewmaster uses staff/polearm

• Windwalker uses dual-wield.

• It doesn't matter that much.

Heirlooms are rather pointless now, they have nerfed it to the ground, now, it is only useful if you gather rested xp before playing, but if you play often, they are utterly useless and a waste of gold to buy....the only use of these heirlooms was the xp bonus, which in my opinion they should have left on it, but they did not.

Basically they made all the people that bought and upgraded the heirlooms feel like they wasted the gold they spent on them....but they are Developers, its what they do.