FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Deimosphobos

Gemming/Reforge Question

Can I just ask, what makes exp/mast a good choice for gemming? Dosnt exp give you hit? I find I have far too much hit as it is...

The theory is that since you get 2x the amount of secondary stats from gems as you do primary then by gemming exp/mastery you are able to reforge out of a lot of hit and in to haste/crit/mastery. Since all warlocks go for as much mastery as they can already, this gearing logic doesn't normally result in any mastery gain.

At top levels you see warlocks going fairly half and half from what I have seen, some enjoy the extra haste/crit that this logic gives you where as others (myself include) do not find ~1600 crit/haste to be worth the loss of ~800 int.

In the end it doesn't really matter much since gemming/reforging only accounts for a small percentage of your over all DPS. It comes down to more of a matter of personal preference then it does true numerical gain.

• Like 3

I'm fairly certain that, if it weren't for exp gems, I'd be either above or below the hit cap. As it is, I'm sitting at pretty much exactly 15% hit. I realize it's not a big deal one way or the other, but it's nice to know that I'm not wasting any stats :P

I'm fairly certain that, if it weren't for exp gems, I'd be either above or below the hit cap. As it is, I'm sitting at pretty much exactly 15% hit. I realize it's not a big deal one way or the other, but it's nice to know that I'm not wasting any stats tongue.png

Do you use reforgelite? I haven't been more then .05% over hit cap all xpack.

Do you use reforgelite? I haven't been more then .05% over hit cap all xpack.

Reforgelite hasn't been working properly for me for a month or so now.

I find AMR works better, just set a soft cap for haste wherever I want it and lock certain items to not be regemmed and good to go. 

I find AMR works better, just set a soft cap for haste wherever I want it and lock certain items to not be regemmed and good to go. 

I've been having an issue with ReforgeLite on my monk, it won't let me set three min thresholds. Warlock has been working fine though, very odd.

I want to use RL as well...but somebody told me that I need to use SimC to figure out my stat weights for my ilvl and then plug that data into RL....and that's where I get lost...do we have a guide for said SimC usage..or is that just BS

I want to use RL as well...but somebody told me that I need to use SimC to figure out my stat weights for my ilvl and then plug that data into RL....and that's where I get lost...do we have a guide for said SimC usage..or is that just BS

You're overthinking it a bit. Stat weights and all that are largely irrelevant to a point. Reforging via stat weights is also pointless because stat weights are dynamic, in that they are only relevant AT THAT EXACT TIME, and as soon as you change anything, your stat weights will too. It basically shows you how much dps you would gain from 1 point of a given stat. If you swapped from a full haste reforge to a full crit reforge, your stat weights would shift.

I'm really bad at explaining this but hope that makes a little sense.

The best way to reforge is to just set a haste cap that you want, or just list the stats in order of importance. No need to fiddle with stat weights. If you realllllly wanted to min max it then you would do a reforge plot in simcraft where you can find the sweet spot between 2 stats, but it's not really that big of a deal.

• Like 1

Only yesturday reforgelite got me to 15% hit exactly, so it is working

Try reinstalling the addon?

Edited by Vestion

I'll tell you why it is: because it's easy to pop in a few gems, hit a button on a program that calcs it for you, and BAM!...instant DPS gain. Or so a lot of people think.

It's much more time consuming and difficult to get your DPS up from playing your spec better than you did last week, learning a fight's mechanics better, coordinating well with your team. People tend to be lazy and/or scatter-brained, and will often take the easiest path.

Edited by Caolela

Every time a lock asks if they're gemming correctly, I set a baby on Green Fire™