FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Valks

Affliction Warlock PvP

Guest A pissed afflictioN

Affliction Warlocks are in an excellent spot in terms of 3v3 Arena. 

You just cant *filtered* be serious... no, just not. Hell no.

i didnt bother read past the first paragrapgh... the ladder and every tournament were/are overflowed with destrolock but the dude making this guide has the gut the say affliction is in a excellent post !?

A this point, it's just trolling.. i cant other explanation.

So excellent that barely NO WARLOCK atm plys it and the one playing it are struggling as *filtered*.

This web site has either 0 update.

I bet moderator wont allow this comment you be posted but the message needed to be said.

Guest Sklttles

Yup i totally agree with "Guest A pissed afflictioN" The affliction post/guide needs to be updated buy someone who actually plays affliction.

"A this point, it's just trolling.. i cant other explanation" This is true but i will try my best.

1.1. Strengths of Affliction Warlocks

Doesn't require a healer

A lot of spells are instinct cast

Great Support class "Making health cookies for you'r entire team or drooping a gate way in key location or simply fearing a enemy away from your healers.

1.2. Weaknesses of Affliction Warlocks

Struggle to stay alive against melee

Very unforgiving  "You can get ready to burst a target with all your dots on him and a single friend or foe can purify/cancel all your dots/damage on that target making you start your rotations all over again"

Interrupts locks you out of every spell

"!!!Bonuses Weakness!!!" Slow Spawner>>>Every time you die in a battle ground you may still be in combat so you can not mount up, Plues you have to rebuff your self every time by using Grimoire of Sacrifice Icon Grimoire of Sacrifice and Demon Armor Icon Demon Armor if you forget to put on Demon Armor Icon Demon Armor you will get melted.

Stat Priority for Affliction Warlock in PvP

1. Mastery "Mastery double's"

2. Critical Strike

3. Intellect "Head to Toe every peace of gear you get will have intellect in it you dont have to worry about it to much"

4. Haste

5. Versatility

Every class/specialization have Mastery its what your class specialize in and it will be double, 1000 mastery doesn't equate to the same percentage as 1000 crit. 1000 mastery could be 50% mastery, 1000 crit could be 25% crit, as an example. 

If the enemy healer cannot dispel, do the following on your kill target:

1. Use Phantom Singularity Icon Phantom Singularity.
  2. Cast Unstable Affliction Icon Unstable Affliction.
  3. Cast Unstable Affliction Icon Unstable Affliction.
  4. Use Deathbolt Icon Deathbolt.
  5. Use Summon Darkglare Icon Summon Darkglare.
  6. Channel Drain Life Icon Drain Life if you have 50 stacks of Inevitable Demise Icon Inevitable Demise.

On this part you have your #4 and your #5 mixed up Summon Darkglare Icon Summon Darkglare. should be before your Deathbolt Icon Deathbolt cuz Summon Darkglare Icon Summon Darkglare. adds more time to you dots witch means your Deathbolt Icon Deathbolt will hit harder Deathbolt Icon Deathbolt may also Crit so imagine how big the after math will be.

And you should channel Drain Life Icon Drain Life regardless if you have 50 stacks of Inevitable Demise Icon Inevitable Demise.

9.2.3. Sustained damage

Sustained damage is damage you do when your burst cooldowns are not available.

1. Maintain Agony Icon Agony on all enemies.
    • Never let this fall off any enemies at any point of the Arena match.
  2. Maintain Corruption Icon Corruption on all enemies.
  3. Once you have Agony Icon Agony and Corruption Icon Corruption on all enemies, channel Drain Life Icon Drain Life to extend your DoTs.
  4. Cast Unstable Affliction Icon Unstable Affliction on a single enemy if the enemy healer cannot dispel, or on multiple enemies if they can.
  5. Cast Shadow Bolt Icon Shadow Bolt as a filler.
  6. Use Concentrated Flame Icon Concentrated Flame if you are using the Major Essence.
  7. Channel Drain Life Icon Drain Life if you have 50 stacks of Inevitable Demise Icon Inevitable Demise.

On here i have lots of problems like on #3 you say to use Drain Life to exted your dots Drain Life dosn't extend your Corruption can to only adds 1 sec to your Agony it is best if you just use Agony again to refreshes it to full doing it this way perverts you from getting. interrupted and allows your Inevitable Demise Icon Inevitable Demise. to stack.

#4 Every healer in the game has a dispel/purify or has a teammate who can do it for them it is best if you dont think about it and just try to burst on one and cc the other.

#5 You should only be using Shadow Bolt Icon Shadow Bolt as a filler in raids keeping up with all your dots should have you full attention.

Unending Resolve Icon Unending Resolve is your primary defensive ability and should be used if your healer has no defensive cooldowns and you are at high health. You cannot use this when you are stunned. You will not be interrupted while this is active, so you can use this time to cast Fear Icon Fear to stay alive or Unstable Affliction Icon Unstable Affliction for damage.

This part shows me that he does not play warlock at all and i will tell you why

His First mistake was> Unending Resolve Icon Unending Resolve is your only Defensive cooldown so use it wisely

And Second> Can be cast while Stunned/Feared or in other words CC

When you pop Unending Resolve Icon Unending Resolve it is best for you to immediately use this time to bust on your target while you still have immunity to interrupt's start casting your Unstable Affliction IconUnstable Affliction

6. Talent Choices for Affliction Warlocks

Level Choices
15 Nightfall Nightfall Drain Soul Drain Soul Deathbolt Deathbolt
30 Writhe in Agony Writhe in Agony Absolute Corruption Absolute Corruption Siphon Life Siphon Life
45 Demon Skin Demon Skin Burning Rush Burning Rush Dark Pact Dark Pact
60 Sow the Seeds Sow the Seeds Phantom Singularity Phantom Singularity Vile Taint Vile Taint
75 Darkfury Darkfury Mortal Coil  Mortal Coil Demonic Circle Demonic Circle
90 Shadow Embrace Shadow Embrace Haunt Haunt Grimoire of Sacrifice Grimoire of Sacrifice
100 Soul Conduit Soul Conduit Creeping Death Creeping Death Dark Soul: Misery Dark Soul: Misery

Deathbolt Icon Deathbolt Should never be use with less thin 3 Unstable Affliction Icon Unstable Affliction on the more dots you have on someone the stronger Deathbolt gets.

Inevitable Demise Icon Corruption is one of your most powerful dots andAbsolute Corruption Icon Absolute Corruption only makes it stronger and helps you with maintaining your dots.

Demon Skin Icon Demon Skin Allows you to sustain more damage when your getting busted on.

Phantom Singularity Icon Phantom Singularity He said it best.

Mortal Coil Icon Mortal Coil Is a amazing spell it interrupts someone for 3 sec and buys you time to cast Fear Icon Fear For a example if a warrior charge at you. you cant cast Fear Icon Fear because he might interrupt you but if you cast Mortal Coil Icon Mortal Coil first and thin Fear Icon Fear this will give you some breathing room.

Grimoire of Sacrifice Icon Grimoire of Sacrifice This is by fare one of the most op spells in the game Grimoire of Sacrifice Icon Grimoire of Sacrifice make it where Your Unstable Affliction IconUnstable Affliction , Agony IconAgony , Inevitable Demise Icon Corruption , Phantom Singularity Icon Phantom Singularity , spell_shadow_requiem.d508a94cdabfdf542a7e6f7ad888d50550f65398.jpgSiphon Life ALL have a random chance to cause Grimoire of Sacrifice Icon Grimoire of Sacrifice

spell_shadow_soulleech_2.d66cd7a819a7c9d77ddb647ee80f0f8047d50ac8.jpgSoul Conduit Allows you to use more Unstable Affliction IconUnstable Affliction in a fight.

Ok that is it for me im going to end it here i hope this helps.

Guest Nupidstoob

Grimoire of Sacrifice Icon Grimoire of Sacrifice is the best choice in this tier. The abilities that this talent gives your pets makes it the best talent in this tier.

That last sentence doesn't make sense, since this talent doesn't give extra abilities to pets.

For anyone who was confused like me

This is the bis pvp weapon but shows up differently in the conquest shop depending on the covenant you have. The one shown is for Venthyr. Best way to see them all is go to main hand under collection and search "sinful".

Edit: as far as i can tell they all have the same stats and is just cosmetic. They can also transmogged so it may be worth it to make an alt and get the weapon rather than starting your convenant all over. 

Edited by Jonesy4

Guest Afflock PVP

Just a quick question regarding 10.0.5 update...

Taken Soul link, Grimoire of synergy

but also taken grim of sac?

These seem counter intuitive together?

On 3/22/2023 at 8:32 PM, Guest Afflock PVP said:

Just a quick question regarding 10.0.5 update...

Taken Soul link, Grimoire of synergy

but also taken grim of sac?

These seem counter intuitive together?

They work together. You gain stamina from Grimoire of Sac if you have Soul Link. Grimoire of Synergy procs even if you sac your pet as well despite the tooltip not saying so