FORUMS
Valks

Outlaw Rogue PvP

Guest Mord

This says it was verified to be accurate for 9.0.1, but Between the Eyes no longer stuns, which is the primary tactic used in the 2v2 and 3v3 comp descriptions.

On 12/13/2020 at 4:18 AM, Guest Mord said:

This says it was verified to be accurate for 9.0.1, but Between the Eyes no longer stuns, which is the primary tactic used in the 2v2 and 3v3 comp descriptions.

Hi! This is my mistake and I have updated the guide to reflect that you should primary be using Kidney Shot on the kill target and Between the Eyes to increase the damage you do to that target

"Luckily for us Assassination Rogues in Shadowlands Season 3 the PvP vendor sells items with both Haste and Versatility in almost all slots. " Is this a misstake, do outlaw want set bonus or is this meant for the assa guide?

On 4/24/2022 at 8:33 PM, kimpa1993 said:

"Luckily for us Assassination Rogues in Shadowlands Season 3 the PvP vendor sells items with both Haste and Versatility in almost all slots. " Is this a misstake, do outlaw want set bonus or is this meant for the assa guide?

Hey !

It appears to be a mistake. Since both Outlaw and Assassination follow the same stat priority and thus pick the exact same parts (except for the weapons obviously) at the vendor I must have allowed myself a slight copy paste of this one paragraph after having redacted the one above that is Outlaw specific. And I must have missed it during proofreading. Thank you for pointing it out, it will be corrected !

And to answer your question Outlaw does want set bonus, just like Assassination. As I said, aside from the weapons and maybe the legendary you buy the exact same parts from the vendor, use set on the same parts, Unity on the same part, and so on.

Have a good day !

Guest Rogue85

When would be the best time to use shadow dance?  I assume at some point in the rotations you would use it at max energy and spam ambush?  Idk.  Can that be added to the ability selector /rotations? 

On 1/10/2023 at 6:26 PM, Guest Rogue85 said:

When would be the best time to use shadow dance?  I assume at some point in the rotations you would use it at max energy and spam ambush?  Idk.  Can that be added to the ability selector /rotations? 

You want to use it when going for a kill so ideally with sufficient energy to spam your globals during the entire Shadow Dance duration, as well as a Kidney Shot on the target to make sure you don't get stopped during the Shadow Dance. Depending on your buffs and whether Adrenaline Rush is up you'll need more or less energy before you press Shadow Dance to make good use of it.

And yes, the build will definitely be added, as well as its impact on the rotation. Several updates are needed at the moment !

I am curious why the gearing section of this guide stresses gathering pieces with as much critical strike on them as possible, but the stat priority section calls out mastery as the priority.  I compared this to the Subtlety guide and that one did stress mastery in the gear section.  I am not any sort of advanced PVP player, so I generally look to follow the guides closely and don't want to misspend my valor.  Thanks for the hard work.