FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Valks

Rend Barbarian

I might be crazy or crazy bad, but I've never gotten a WW build to work fluidly with Istvans. In a perfect vacuum it is seamless, however in practicality outside of hours of rift fishing, BK's Oath has always been infinitely easier for me. You get to also use it for speed runs too, which is a convenience. I just don't think BK's Oath is going to take you to the max rifts, however it can easily get you breaking the 100 mark.

12 hours ago, Guest Xdega said:

This build doesn't work very well. The power is there, but you are constantly fury-starved without the Bul Kathos set for your weapons. Without fury, you can't do much (duh!), and as a result survivability is dangerously weak (esp for hardcore).

That being said, I can't confirm how much better this build works with Bul Kathos set. As I am now having to re-farm weapons for my build. Not really happy about that, and makes me very skeptical about future build guides on this site.

Using this exact build with Rogue/Slanderer rather than BK, and had no issues clearing at 118+ on Season solo. You are probably finding yourself resource starved because enemies are dying too quickly, which means you can't stack them properly and therefore aren't gaining any benefit from Wind Shear on WW. 

If you're playing at lower GR levels, use BK as a substitute, but at high GRs, where this build was intended to be played at (it is still good for speeds, but the particulars of this build are pushing-oriented), this is the build you should be using. 

7 hours ago, TyZone said:

I just don't think BK's Oath is going to take you to the max rifts, however it can easily get you breaking the 100 mark.

This is exactly right. BK makes it easier to play, but it is not the best weapon for pushing GRs as Rend WW. If you're just playing casually and doing lower rifts, you should use BKs, but if you want to use this build to push, take Istvan's.

Guest Drunken Walnut

"This build also comes with its own speed farming variation, which features a build similar to the present one, but with alterations to fit a speedfarming playstyle."

Where is the speed farming changes page that the above statement implies?  Masybe im blind.

9 hours ago, Guest Drunken Walnut said:

"This build also comes with its own speed farming variation, which features a build similar to the present one, but with alterations to fit a speedfarming playstyle."

Where is the speed farming changes page that the above statement implies?  Masybe im blind.

I think you are colorblind, which is not something you should be ashamed of. (I think without colors, it's almost in visible) The bold text "speed farming variation" has a hyperlink to the page. 

Guest Friendly Barb

I tried this build and did struggle with fury generation, although I got better with it over time. I think subbing out Ancient Spear with WC with Charge is the move, gives you a decent amount of fury to start with, will def be trying it out 

Guest YoBiscuit

Hi All. I really like this build but I am struggling to stay alive. especially on the higher GR levels. I can do 75 easy. 80 die maybe once or twice but anything higher i just need a monster to look at me funny then i die.
is there anything that can be done about this?

Ive got diamonds socketed in my gear for the most tougness but its hardly helping

Guest Jax

Anyone else having issues with stone gauntlets? im running GR100's and the hits bring be to a complete stop and i basically stunlock myself

On 4/11/2020 at 6:17 AM, Guest Jax said:

Anyone else having issues with stone gauntlets? im running GR100's and the hits bring be to a complete stop and i basically stunlock myself

If you have imperfect gear, and can't uphold your Wrath of the Berserker permanently, i suggest not to use stone gauntlets. I would go instead with Mantle of Chanelling and get both offense and defense bonuses. 

Hi all:

I've been using this build, and I want to make sure I'm applying rend properly. Do I need to actively apply the skill even with Ambo's Pride cubed? Or with Ambo's Pride in cube do I not need to manually apply rend at all?

23 hours ago, Conun said:

Hi all:

I've been using this build, and I want to make sure I'm applying rend properly. Do I need to actively apply the skill even with Ambo's Pride cubed? Or with Ambo's Pride in cube do I not need to manually apply rend at all?

Any help?

Yes Ambo's PrideAmbo's Pride does cast rend when you use whirlwind. One way to test this is by using rend by itself and seeing the red blotch patch above the enemy's head. Then by using whirlwind and seeing the same thing. Also if your killing mobs and elites fast enough then you won't see this mark at al,l I have noticed.

Also does anyone know if that reducing control impairing effects reduction affix reduces the time of Stone GauntletsStone Gauntlets? also is possible to get a hundred percent?

Edited by Caseydraco
  • Like 1

Guest Biggy dawgg

Ok am I just crazy or does anyone else have the problem of being stopped cold after being hit a few times. Like my guy cant even move. I'm still working my way to get the pieces so maybe theres something that increases moventment/attack speed but good lord I get hit and dead because of the stone gauntlets kanai

4 hours ago, Guest Biggy dawgg said:

Ok am I just crazy or does anyone else have the problem of being stopped cold after being hit a few times. Like my guy cant even move. I'm still working my way to get the pieces so maybe theres something that increases moventment/attack speed but good lord I get hit and dead because of the stone gauntlets kanai

I answered this question 4 comments above. 

Guest Biggy dawgg
8 hours ago, Yolo said:

I answered this question 4 comments above. 

Lol I swear I read all the comments lol. Woops. Thank you. Yea I've just turned em off because I'm nowhere near ready to keep that continuous. I'll look into getting your suggestion! Thanks

Guest Newbie

Excuse me for the stupid question, but if Mortick's bracers gives you all passives of WOTB, would it still be necessary to choose a passive or leave it empty? Again, I apologize for the stupidity.

On 5/2/2020 at 10:56 PM, Guest Newbie said:

Excuse me for the stupid question, but if Mortick's bracers gives you all passives of WOTB, would it still be necessary to choose a passive or leave it empty? Again, I apologize for the stupidity.

It does not make a difference. 

Seems like carrying Ambo's and Doombringer, wearing Focus and Restraint, and cubing CE and Obsidian is the hot combo for rend wrath barb in S20.

14 hours ago, egm7691 said:

Seems like carrying Ambo's and Doombringer, wearing Focus and Restraint, and cubing CE and Obsidian is the hot combo for rend wrath barb in S20.

To be honest I can't push with Ambo's and Doombringer. Made GR126 with Slanderer/Little Rogue but with Ambo's and Doombriger my toon just sucks hard. Worse CDR, more damage taken, and the boring CE cycle.

On 5/15/2020 at 3:50 AM, ferrao said:

To be honest I can't push with Ambo's and Doombringer. Made GR126 with Slanderer/Little Rogue but with Ambo's and Doombriger my toon just sucks hard. Worse CDR, more damage taken, and the boring CE cycle.

I'm just developing the gear for the uber high area damage.  Builds seemed pretty similar at 115.

23 hours ago, Reno said:

Nit pick, but can't get all resistance on the legs.

Same as in Frenzy topic: +resistance to all elements only shows up as rollable attribute if the item does not have single-element resistance in the secondary attributes.

On 6/10/2020 at 8:31 PM, Yolo said:

Same as in Frenzy topic: +resistance to all elements only shows up as rollable attribute if the item does not have single-element resistance in the secondary attributes.

Oh! Thanks for the clarification

Guest MxDx

Dears, how come this build is quoted as the best of Barbarian ones? Tried this some time back and struggled as the rest. Went back to Frenzy "Horde of the Ninety Savages", a little modified than Deadset's. With Frenzy I can solo GR120 (@1000 paragon). Whirl-Rend kind of expires at GR100.

I'm casual and haven't seen that many builds or too much power, but this is my favorite speed build I've seen, both for effectiveness and quality of life while playing (not super taxxing on my hands).

I think the build exactly as presented must require very high paragons and/or near perfect gear? I haven't achieved that yet so have found I need both Unity and Band of Might, and I benefit from Gogok as one of the gems (since no CDR on weapons or rings yet.) For bounties only I take Nerves of Steel since I find that otherwise I can get one shot on zoning into a boss room before I'm able to trigger Band of Might.

I haven't found room for Wreath of Lightning yet but no complaints, with all the rest of the speed buffs up, even without it I feel like I'm at near the maximum movement speed I can control smoothly anyway.

I tried the alternate weapon config Ambo's + Echoing Fury briefly and hated it. Too much risk/fuss around running out of fury or never having it in the first place. Maybe it gets better with practice but I didn't see the point.

None of this was too hard to figure out, but as a general site-wide aide to less advanced players like me, it might be nice if there was a more straightforward presentation of the interim builds that work on the way to perfection, and also explicit differentiation of the speed run types (speed GRs are special because no gold available, bounties special because you have to be able to handle boss rooms without adds/gold/time to ramp up defense +  may want to be able to move long distances without having to engage anything to keep up resources etc.)

Edited by briala