FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Valks

Leapquake Barbarian

Some minor notes:

1) In the speed farm page it is written that "you can exchange the flat CDR of Boon of Bul-Kathos for the movement speed bonuses of Pound of Flesh." However, Boon of Bul-Kathos was not among the suggested passives for the main built...

2) This is purely cosmetic: in the tables the entry row for the pants should be moved down one row, near to the boots.

3) As usual, which are the suggested Follower and Potion for this build?

Guest Gorgosha

Hi, thanks for this build summary.
Quite new to D3 and Barbarian
I don't get why we are rolling Fire% instead Physical % ?
I see all of our abilities are physical (except the Earthquake we can trigger manually which is Fire with Molten Fury runes).
Leap with Death from above runes and Iron Impact, from 4pc set, are physical, same goes for Seismic Slam | Rumble.
Am i missing something ?

16 hours ago, Guest Gorgosha said:

I see all of our abilities are physical (except the Earthquake we can trigger manually which is Fire with Molten Fury runes).
Leap with Death from above runes and Iron Impact, from 4pc set, are physical, same goes for Seismic Slam | Rumble.

Your primary damage in the build comes from EarthquakeEarthquakeMolten FuryMolten Fury which triggers on every LeapLeap and will use the rune on your skillbar, in this case, fire.

Edited by Arkpit

Guest Gorgosha
5 minutes ago, Arkpit said:

Your primary damage in the build comes from EarthquakeEarthquakeMolten FuryMolten Fury which triggers on every LeapLeap and will use the rune on your skillbar, in this case, fire.

Thanks mate.
Really appreciate the info

On 5/22/2019 at 2:39 PM, Guest Gorgosha said:

Hi, thanks for this build summary.
Quite new to D3 and Barbarian
Am i missing something ?

Personally, I like the old physical leap/quake build much better (which uses dread iron belt and uses ancient spear/ boulder-toss to dump the fury.) I wish they would have never removed it from the site (or at least have an 'outdated' build guide for it.)

Dread Iron is still useful gear and should be included in the 'Salvage Guide' ( https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/legendary-item-salvage-guide ) and be linked to an 'outdated' Leap/Quake build guide.

Some minor corrections and clarifications to make the guide more complete and coherent (for new and casual players expecially):

1) The "Role in the Current Meta" section of the Intro page is missing: is it intentional?

2) Cooldown Reduction can be rolled on 6 different items, but is recommended only on Spires of the Earth (as 2nd priority) and as the top priority for Offense Paragon Points: why? Is it much needed but only in small amount? Is Vitality really more important than CDR on Blade of the Tribes?

3) Girdle of Giants has a guaranteed Increase Attack Speed affix: must it really be rerolled into Resist All or Life per Fury Spent?

4) The speed farm staple Goldwrap cannot roll "Life per Fury Spent": which is the 4th recommended stat for Goldwrap?

5) For Spirit of the Earth is Vitality really more important than Earthquake %?
Weight of the Earth lists Sockets as the 3rd stat priority (while they are 1st on the same item in the Seismic Slam build with Might of the Earth): why?
Why is Armor among the stat priorities for Foundation of the Earth? Isn't Movement Speed a better stat, as it frees up Paragon Points for Strenght or Vitality?
For Blade of the Tribes, why is Vitality the 4th stat priority? Is it so important to leave "Life per Fury Spent" out (as 6th affix, it seeme to be not desirable...)? Is Vitality more important than Area Damage (or even CDR)?

6) This is pure aesthetic, but I noticed that in the table of stat priorities the Hands line dropped down between Legs and Feet, in contrast with the usual order used in most other guides...

7) In the Paragon Points section, the priority for the Core slot are: 1. Movement Speed up to 25% cap, 2. Maximum Fury, 3. Strength, 4. Vitality. Since Strength and Vitality have no cap, it is not clear which is the recommended point allocation after reaching 25% Movement Speed and maximizing Fury: all into Strenght? Or alternatively one point into Strength and one into Vitality?
Similarly, for the other slots, is there a recommended rotation for allocating Paragon Points? For example: is it better to maximize Crit Chance before moving to Crit Damage, or raising them both together one by one? Or PP should be spended to compensate gear imbalancies (for example prioritizing Crit Damage if you have more Crit Chance from gear)?

8] For the 5 sockets of Torso and Pants the guide suggests Rubies (for Damage) and/or Diamonds (for Toughness): how many of each? Is there a recommendation or it's completely up to personal preference? Is the choice linked to the stats rolled on gear, or to the number and allocation of paragon points?

9) The usual link to the Follower page is missing. Which is the best follower for the Earthquake Barbarian specifically? Templar, Scoundrel or Enchantress? With which gear (Thunderfury with Wyrdward? Freeze of Deflection with Justice Lantern? ...)? With which skills (Inspire or Guardian? Mass Control or Focused Mind? ...)?

10) Which is the best Legendary Potion for this build?

• Like 1

On 8/24/2019 at 3:36 PM, Elekim said:

6) This is pure aesthetic, but I noticed that in the table of stat priorities the Hands line dropped down between Legs and Feet, in contrast with the usual order used in most other guides...

Also, the Amulet line comes after the Ring ones, in contrast with the usual order used in most other guides...

Guest The value must be at

What is this build ? i don't get it, it doesn't do damage and dies right after the start of the game and always out of Fury. is it nerfed or just bad ?

Guest Shred
On 12/8/2020 at 10:09 AM, Guest The value must be at said:

What is this build ? i don't get it, it doesn't do damage and dies right after the start of the game and always out of Fury. is it nerfed or just bad ?

I just ran a level 101 silo rift and climbing.