FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Valks

Seismic Slam Barbarian

I'm having the same issue as the last few posters. Finished farming up the IV guide set completely on my Hardcore Seasonal character. Extremely strong for a brief window of time but even with gems and enchants I cant seem to maintain CotA 100% uptime unless I get an insanely dense rift.

This leaves me with on average around 25% of CotA off cooldown where I have basically zero fury generation and I turn extremely squishy because I'm losing the 50% damage tanking from my CotA friends.

I'm not super high paragon yet, 200ish, but yeah the build seems too volatile for me at least in hardcore. Which is a shame because for the moments that I am online it is an absolute blast.

Not sure what I am missing but in the mean time I am going to grind some of the other gear suggestions.

For those struggling to maintain CotA and WotB uptime, as I was at first, I've found two things to improve it without resorting to any drastic changes that would hurt toughness and DPS:

1. I have my CDR up to 59.81%.  Guidance generally seems to say at least 50% but cranking it up to almost 60% seems to be what I need.
  2. Just getting better at the build.  The play style takes a little getting used to.  As I got better at making sure I was hitting targets with my slams and moving to new locations quickly I got better at keeping CotA and WotB up.  For me I found it a little tricky with the visual overload of seismic slam to see when the enemies around me were dead so I started paying closer attention to that and got better at it.  If you're using force standstill to stay in the occulus ring and continuing to slam when there are no enemies to hit, your fury is quickly drained down without procing obsidian to reduce your cooldown.  Once I started paying closer attention to such details my uptime improved.

Guest Kira Wolf

Is this really a top tier build?

I am no pro player and only play with friends from time to time, but it seems really weak. The Whirlwind/Rend build seems to be way stronger to the point I can easily do 15 levels higher with it.

Maybe I am doing it wrong (played it with Karmesin and without, both did not really work well for me), but it seems clunky and slow.

Guest RlyehDoom

To anyone having problem's with CDR, be sure to jump over & strike big mobs whenever you find them (this is a must)

Guest roboticism

How does this build function without band of might? I can understand dropping lut socks, but I don't see how you can survive without that toughness boost.

On 7/12/2020 at 11:05 PM, Guest roboticism said:

How does this build function without band of might? I can understand dropping lut socks, but I don't see how you can survive without that toughness boost.

Ideally, through good positioning and favorable monster composition in high tier GR pushes. No joke - the vast majority of high GR clears squarely rely on good RNG when it comes to the rift itself to accomplish a clear.

I can absolutely understand wanting more solid, all-around performance though, and Band of Might is a huge part of that. You can drop Cpt. Crimson from the setup and go for a full 6-piece Might of the Earth setup, then replace the RoRG in the Cube for your worse roll between the Band of Might and Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac. 

On 7/14/2020 at 2:16 PM, Deadset said:

Ideally, through good positioning and favorable monster composition in high tier GR pushes. No joke - the vast majority of high GR clears squarely rely on good RNG when it comes to the rift itself to accomplish a clear.

I can absolutely understand wanting more solid, all-around performance though, and Band of Might is a huge part of that. You can drop Cpt. Crimson from the setup and go for a full 6-piece Might of the Earth setup, then replace the RoRG in the Cube for your worse roll between the Band of Might and Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac. 

I can currently do GR110 solo. I have tried GR115 and staying alive isn't a problem and keeping up COTA is not a problem. But my damage is no where close to being enough. I know my gear isnt completely optimized , is there anything I can do to squeeze some more dps out or have I pretty much topped out other than some small tweaks to optimize my gear better?

Guest Gather Fury

Okay I watched a few Videos now and in all of them the leap one time and have full fury with this build. Not me. I generate zip fury... What am I doing wrong?

On 7/16/2020 at 4:13 PM, Diablos said:

(...) is there anything I can do to squeeze some more dps out or have I pretty much topped out other than some small tweaks to optimize my gear better?

Can I take a look at your character? Either a direct bnet link or a d3planner clone would help with recommendations. 

On 7/24/2020 at 3:39 PM, Guest Gather Fury said:

Okay I watched a few Videos now and in all of them the leap one time and have full fury with this build. Not me. I generate zip fury... What am I doing wrong?

LeapLeap is not the only way the build keeps up Fury; do you have you Call of the AncientsCall of the Ancients up and Fury of the AncientsFury of the Ancients in the Cube, which grants you the Call of the AncientsCall of the AncientsAncients' FuryAncients' Fury rune for free? The summons' attacks are a massive boost to your Fury gain.

Guest Pitty

I cannot figure out how to generate or sustain enough fury to keepSeismic Slam going???

On 9/12/2020 at 5:58 PM, Guest Pitty said:

I cannot figure out how to generate or sustain enough fury to keepSeismic Slam going???

It's hard to say without taking a look at your playstyle. Do you make a point to generate Fury with LeapLeap and War CryWar Cry ? Do you have your Call of the AncientsCall of the Ancients up and Fury of the AncientsFury of the Ancients in the Cube? This is a massive part of your Fury sustain.

Guest Yourmum

Hey (removed) you cant roll an echoing fury with ad and loh because its always come  with mainstats/dmg/as

how about do some research before writing “guide” (removed)

11 hours ago, Guest Yourmum said:

Hey (removed) you cant roll an echoing fury with ad and loh because its always come  with mainstats/dmg/as

how about do some research before writing “guide” (removed)

Hi there.

Firstly, I've edited your comment to make it somewhat more friendly. There is no need for the language used and, frankly, it's somewhat embarassing given that you didn't even read the guide properly.

image.png

In the gearing guide, this section goes over the fact that you need at least 1 roll of LpH, ideally 2, with the weapons and bracers being viable options.

If you do not have LpH on your bracers, and do not want to roll into it, you would have to roll on your weapons, hence why LpH is listed on both weapons. If you already have LpH on your bracers and Fjord, you don't need to roll it on your Echoing, so you would instead roll for AD, rolling away the attack speed.

Hope this helps, thanks for your comment, but if you leave a comment like this again, I'll ban you from the site.