FORUMS
Blainie

Cluster Arrow Demon Hunter (Patch 2.6.4)

Gear sections both for GR and speedfarm have Manticore and other GR focused items as best in slot. It may be confusing compared to other guides' current format to have Manticore as BiS for speedfarm variant when it uses Multishot for dmg. Is it intended? 😛

Guest GeNemesis

For the speed farming version, isn't Dead Man's Legacy better? Seems to work better with the faster pace (getting all 5 sentries up takes a while) 

Keep in mind you won't be needing all 5 Sentries present in the fight, just 5 up across the battlefield to keep up your set bonuses - it's perfectly acceptable that some of them will be a bit behind from a previous fight, etc. A DML could work (to be quite honest it seemed like a natural drop from the setup), but scaling the power of your set from the Rucksack is an overpowering choice.

Btw thanks for the catch, Kaelos - the Manticore mention is indeed unnecessary there 🙂

On paper the rucksack seems the better choice with an extra 24000% damage compared to Dead Man's Legacy. But either the game isn't calculating this correctly or the DML's "hit twice when below 60% health" has a greater impact than you'd think. I know you can't really compare one GR to another, but on GR85 I generally take around 10 mins (including a death which is just a pain when having to get the sentries up again) with multishot + rucksack. With cluster bombs (maelstrom) + rucksack I take between 8 and 9 mins (the higher time including a death again). With multishot + DML I take between 7 and 9 mins, so far without death. The mobs just drop faster with this combo (and it doesn't have quite as big a problem with elites attacking right at the door as the rucksack does).

I'm totally open to the fact I may not be playing it correctly, but I keep a close eye on the amount of sentries out and generally drop at least one whenever there's a larger cluster of mobs (hate getting in the middle to drop a sentry on top of them, but I'm learning).

So I'm hoping others have some more experience with this and can tell me why the rucksack doesn't seem to be outshining DML like it should?