FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Valks

Uliana Monk

Guest boneeguy

Is there a reason why Madstone is not used on the build?  It applies exploding palm and 6 set detonates it.

Guest Which ring?

The guides keep saying to run 'Unity' combo - but I frequently use this built with a DH friend.. is Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac the best choice in place of Unity when running with others? Or is there a better suited monk ring to use?

Guest Janht

Given the self application of exploding palm in this build.  Why waste your mluse button on it.  Youll never apply it via a click.  Its far more intuitive to put it on four and cyclone on the mouse.  Makes your hotbars cleaner by reducing them from 4 to 3 and put both primary skills on the mouse.

Guest Tizzy

For speed farm variation, for season 16 you can opt to use Madstone for helm as you only need 5 pieces of Uliana for 6 set and use Nemesis Bracers in the cube.

Guest Jbot

So my question is why use lions fist? To me, it seems like the only thing Seven sided strike is used for is to detonate the EP. which then explodes and spreads. Are the seven additional strikes really a key part of the build? 

Guest Sense

You detonate EP with SSS (every strike) so 14 detonation with the lions fist

Guest Athos
16 hours ago, Guest Hazgin said:

Is there a reason I even need Exploding Palm slotted for this build?

Yes, there is. The strongest rune for Exploding Palm is the Impending Doom rune. If you don't slot EP with ID selected, you won't get the benefit of the rune, and the EP applied would be the default runeless one, which is much weaker. There is nothing to slot instead of EP that would realistically make up for that huge loss in dmg.

Uncommon Patron

I've been working on building out this build (missing the weapons, unity rings, and a couple cube items) it seems like the exploding palms are overpowering, but there's a huge gap between when I can run a rift quickly and when I actually run into trouble. I ran a GR 37 without triggering a 'near death' once, but it took me about 6.5 minutes. I have to drop the difficulty down to mid-20s to get under 5.

Any idea if I'm doing something wrong? Thoughts on if it makes sense to keep times down or go higher for better loot chances?

Guest Lastpoet

Low density tilesets are the only problem with this build. You literally have to drag an exploding crowd to make an effect. Awesome guide. I like the intensity of the build.

On 2/3/2019 at 11:44 AM, Guest Lastpoet said:

Low density tilesets are the only problem with this build. You literally have to drag an exploding crowd to make an effect. Awesome guide. I like the intensity of the build.

It's hugely satisfying when it works, for sure!

• Thanks 1

On 1/29/2019 at 6:52 AM, RustdNails said:

I've been working on building out this build (missing the weapons, unity rings, and a couple cube items) it seems like the exploding palms are overpowering, but there's a huge gap between when I can run a rift quickly and when I actually run into trouble. I ran a GR 37 without triggering a 'near death' once, but it took me about 6.5 minutes. I have to drop the difficulty down to mid-20s to get under 5.

Any idea if I'm doing something wrong? Thoughts on if it makes sense to keep times down or go higher for better loot chances?

It sounds like this is mainly just a gear problem. You are missing extremely important parts of the build. I'd farm whatever you can quickly and, if possible, try to find someone to carry you in higher rifts to find those pieces. Loot shares are also great for this.

Guest Lastpoet

Season 16 I switched the Uliana's helm with madstone. At the moment I can go GR65 solo, so now I am going for gear optimization.

As the guide says, its about getting into the biggest fight you can find. I still don't know how to properly do the Mythic Rhythm Snapshot, but it's working great so far.

Some minor notes, as usual:

1) The speed farm variation uses Hellfire Amulet of Dexterity, but the suggested passive is Fleet Footed, which is already a passive skill of the build: thus, there should be another suggestion...

2) Is there a ring that can replace Unity in multuplayer?

3) Which is the preferred follower when playing solo?

4) Is there a preferred potion for this build?

Guest BiGbOy
On 1/25/2019 at 9:17 PM, Guest Hazgin said:

Is there a reason I even need Exploding Palm slotted for this build?

So you can have a runed version of exploding palm.

Guest Lon

So for this set i noticed the obsidian ring of the zodiac turns it from a bad farmer to one of the best farmers with a good cdr you can proc seven sided strike every second when i run gr's rifts and bounties the only thing that hold me back is the time to get exploding palm on the mobs currently running gr 105 solo and 110 in a group any tips to get past that other than switching to the inna set?

On 5/8/2019 at 7:58 AM, Guest Lon said:

So for this set i noticed the obsidian ring of the zodiac turns it from a bad farmer to one of the best farmers with a good cdr you can proc seven sided strike every second when i run gr's rifts and bounties the only thing that hold me back is the time to get exploding palm on the mobs currently running gr 105 solo and 110 in a group any tips to get past that other than switching to the inna set?

Most likely you are reaching a point where you just need the right rift to chain + spread EP, with proper pulling and stacking. It's time to go rift fishing!

Guest Ghostshark

You can replace crimson with son wuko and use sweeping wind instead of exploding palm to gain more toughness.. You really don't have to have exploding palm as a skill anyway where your spirit generator applies it anyways. 

Guest TheTwelfthDay

Hope this gets a reply since it's been 5 months since the last comment.

I'm playing on Hard-core for season 20, returning from a 4 year absence!

and want to fit in Lefebvres soliloquy for the extra 50% damage reduction from cyclone strike.

What do you suggest gets dropped or worked around to accommodate this?

Cheers,

Dan

Guest John

Noob question but I’m on ps4 and the suggested skill setup I can’t equip it on ... example the monk build they want me to equip exploding fist and dash strike which i can’t cause there both in the same category  y is this  

Guest Joe

Guest John, you need to go into the game options and turn on Elective Mode.

It says you updated these pages, November 16, 2020... and it also say "updated for patch 2.6.9 and Season 21."

Guest PainGod

Hi.

I'd suggest spirit guards for cube armor slot/gungdo replacement.

It provides better protection and synergy than binding of the lost.

Also possibly focus/restraint and flavour of time.

Guest xan

I'm missing something basic here, I'm sure.  But bane of the trapped works on enemies under control impairment... but nothing in the skills or gear chills, stuns, etc.  What am I missing?