FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Valks

Generator Necromancer

Guest Rick

Hey,

Nice guide. Why not wear APD, leave depth diggers cubed and wear Blind Faith? Wouldn't you get more Krysbin 300% and APD proc's this way?

On 1/18/2019 at 8:31 PM, Guest Rick said:

Hey,

Nice guide. Why not wear APD, leave depth diggers cubed and wear Blind Faith? Wouldn't you get more Krysbin 300% and APD proc's this way?

That's likely a solid replacement, especially if you're ina  group with someone else with Nemesis. I'll let Deadset know!

On 1/18/2019 at 9:31 PM, Guest Rick said:

Hey,

Just had the same idea using the Ancient Parthan Defenders instead of the Nemesis ? 

The Rune "Dislocation" of the Skill "Bone Armor" would perfectly kick out a huge Proc for the APD, just saying.
Here an example: You're approaching a horde of Enemies, lets say 30-40 Mobs in total, you're hopping in with Blood Rush with getting the first 100% of Armor as DMG reduction, kicking out the Bone Armor which stuns every Mob around you and bam, you're getting another 360%-480% DMG reduction additional.

This would make it likely possible to push way higher greater rifts, you also might get more intense fights against huge mob hordes or elites ? 

23 hours ago, JackOuttaHell said:

You're approaching a horde of Enemies, lets say 30-40 Mobs in total, you're hopping in with Blood Rush with getting the first 100% of Armor as DMG reduction

I would like to add that don't ever try this move on HC since this requires the LoN version with Illusory BootsIllusory Boots to get out again since in high enough GR mobs won't be dead when APD and Potency rune runs out and you'll be squashed.

Noob player here.  I love this build, it was so much fun to play espcially with the new Inarius damage boost.  I run the Speed Farming build but replaced Skeletal Mages with Death Nova Blight, helps take out the little guys further away that have already been damaged by your bones.  Also I'm having trouble farming for the rings but managed to get the Bastions of Will set rings so using that for extra damage instead.  

A couple of possible corrections:

1) In the gear page it is written: "Area Damage will be sought on both Inarius's Martyrdom and Inarius's Will, with cooldown reduction accompanying it on the former and double crit stats on the latter". However, Area Damage is the fifth stat priority recommended in the table for Inarius's Will, meaning that a "perfect" Inarius's Will will have Increased Attack Speed, not Area Damage. Which stat is better for the gloves?

2) Later it is written: "hard CC (Freeze, Stun, Blind) secondary stats on your gear, and the occasional stuns provided by the follower". Maybe these hard CC stats should be mentioned in the table too? And maybe it will be helpful to explicitly stat which Follower is the recommended one?

Guest kaltorak

I find this build vs ranged an absolute joke. Doing gr70 +  there seems to be zero ability to fend off any attack vs ranged. Melee this build is enjoyable. But i don`t see players using this build for anything beyond gr 70. 

Guest Bobbbb
On 5/28/2019 at 8:02 AM, Guest kaltorak said:

I find this build vs ranged an absolute joke. Doing gr70 +  there seems to be zero ability to fend off any attack vs ranged. Melee this build is enjoyable. But i don`t see players using this build for anything beyond gr 70. 

I have used this build to solo up to gr92 and have also used it in over 100s with a group. Survivability in solo isn't much of a problem with full bone armor stacks and a follower with unity+invulnerabilty item equipped, though i agree ranged mobs can be a little bit scary if there's a lot of them. For me, i find that the templar is nice to use with the extra bit of healing and stuns he brings.

I’m not seeing how the Stand Alone (“Increase armor by 100%, reduced by 10% for each active minion.”) passive is particularly effective in this build. Command Skeletons has 7 minions up, and we'll normally have even more with Skeletal Mage use. Can someone explain what am I not understanding here, please? Thanks.

Edit: D'oh. I didn’t read the Command Skeletons rune closely. Exploding the skeletons gets rid of them periodically. Okay, it makes sense now ?

Edited by Trest

On 6/1/2019 at 10:59 AM, Trest said:

Edit: D'oh. I didn’t read the Command Skeletons rune closely. Exploding the skeletons gets rid of them periodically. Okay, it makes sense now ?

And if you macro (numlock) the key you usually never see more than 1-2 up during a rift so works well ?

I'm really enjoying this build - I've reached 610 paragon points so far.

I'm quite the n00b with this game though - I've found I get squashed pretty easily around T13 for bounties and normal rifts.  This is running the speed farming variant but swapping Unity in for Avarice Band.

I think I'm also hitting some difficulty with the gr-pushing variant at around GR60+.  GR45 goes quite fast (4-5 min).

Is it a matter of getting better stats on the equipment or more Ancient pieces?

BTW, I've been trying to build up the parts for the LoN thorns skeleton necromancer, but that is pretty slow (I have 6 or 7 of the Ancient pieces out of 13 and normal versions of the others).  So I'm in farming mode for the most part.

Hi, playing it on hardcore its just too frail. I replaced convention, a piece of inarius, and the bracers for a ring of royal grandeur and 2 pieces of aughild's. Also changed the stricken gem for an esoteric alteration (i haven't pushed high grs yet, so maybe this is not that good). Besides this, its a really fun build, and what i really like its the synergy of all the items and inarius.

What would be the best possible potion to use with this build? I know this is like last priority but I happen to use potion pretty often, currently using Potion of Leech with 18k LpH.

Guest Leskief

Would using Jesseth instead of Neyr's Black Death (And switching around some skills) be worth it now with this build? I like this build but was never a fan of NBD.

Why is there no changes for Season 21 on this? You should at least drop Depth Diggers in favor of Razeth's Volition and swapping the Skeletal Mage rune to Contamination. This would maintain the same damage potential, through the additional Nay's proc, but add the additional damage reduction provided by Volition. In addition, since the 4pc bonus was changed from 2 to 3 additional damage reduction, 10 stacks of bone armor now provides the same protection that 15 did last season so you could feasibly swap Wisdom of Kalan for Haunted Visions without any loss and much gain.

14 hours ago, spellsyphon said:

Why is there no changes for Season 21 on this? You should at least drop Depth Diggers in favor of Razeth's Volition and swapping the Skeletal Mage rune to Contamination. This would maintain the same damage potential, through the additional Nay's proc, but add the additional damage reduction provided by Volition. In addition, since the 4pc bonus was changed from 2 to 3 additional damage reduction, 10 stacks of bone armor now provides the same protection that 15 did last season so you could feasibly swap Wisdom of Kalan for Haunted Visions without any loss and much gain.

While that would work, I'd personally go the other way - drop Unity and replace it with a RORG, then wear Razeth's instead of the Inarius shoulders, then switch to Contamination. You'd keep basically the same reduction (assuming you don't let your Essence pool get up), but with an added NBD stack added on for 20% increased damage.

I don't see the point of Hauntd Visions, though. You're not using a Simulacrum in this set up. You'd have to give up 3/4s of your reduction (the difference between 10 and 15 stacks remains HUGE - 60% vs 90% reduction is a 75% increase), AND give up a poison stack (there's no poison rune for Simulacrum) to add a permanent simulacrum that...just wouldn't be all that effective. 

Hey - the request for updates is indeed very reasonable, and the confusion is justified because I delayed with its overhaul. It should be up on the website shortly.

I do agree that both Razeth's Volition and Haunted Visions are very sensible inclusions; a lot of Damage Reduction is lost by dropping Wisdom of Kalan, but the damage potential of Simulacrums duplicating your Grim  Scythe swings cannot be neglected. On the other hand, the freed up rune slot for a poison spender with the help of Razeth's is another nice inclusion to the build.

Thank you for the constructive criticism and sorry for the delay - while Necromancer sets are suffering with how well the class works with Legacy of Dreams, the updates to their guides should not lag behind.

• Like 1

Guest Pechorin

Currently, depth diggers are both equipped and used in the cube.  Is this intended?

Guest Lumby

Tried the update. Dropping Wisdom of Kalan is awful, awful, awful.

9 hours ago, Guest Pechorin said:

Currently, depth diggers are both equipped and used in the cube.  Is this intended?

No - the cube should hold either Depth Diggers or Razeth's Volition, while you wear the other and the appropriate Inarius piece to complete the 6 piece bonus.

On 7/9/2020 at 7:18 AM, Guest Lumby said:

Tried the update. Dropping Wisdom of Kalan is awful, awful, awful.

If you are missing the extra 30% DR then drop Depth Diggers, cube Razeth's Volition and either Unity or, if you insist, Wisdom of Kalan, and wear the full six piece Inarius set.

In truth, if you played this build in season 20 then you shouldn't be missing Kalan at all since the update to Inarius 4pc affords you 60% DR from Bone Armor where you HAD to have Wisdom of Kalan prior in order to achieve that.

I've been playing about 8 hrs of this now and am stuck around GR 55, it oneshots every blue or yellow group, or rift guardian, but i run into a lot of trouble with some packs up close, 900k health not enough?  I switched into Final Service instead of Stand Alone, to prevent myself getting oneshotted past GR55-60 or Torment XIII.  Standalone wtih all those skeletons and the mage doesnt seem worth it?

I have all the pieces and some ancients, but gems only like 35-40.  I think a few of my pieces are too trashy though, the krysbinns is garbage and has none of the right stats.  I really want it to work... but feel like I'm missing a bit too much of (something)

Edited by ickyinsaney

7 hours ago, ickyinsaney said:

I've been playing about 8 hrs of this now and am stuck around GR 55, it oneshots every blue or yellow group, or rift guardian, but i run into a lot of trouble with some packs up close, 900k health not enough?  I switched into Final Service instead of Stand Alone, to prevent myself getting oneshotted past GR55-60 or Torment XIII.  Standalone wtih all those skeletons and the mage doesnt seem worth it?

I have all the pieces and some ancients, but gems only like 35-40.  I think a few of my pieces are too trashy though, the krysbinns is garbage and has none of the right stats.  I really want it to work... but feel like I'm missing a bit too much of (something)

Technically, you shouldn't have a lot of summons up - the skeletons are there to die ASAP, and the mages are just resource dumps and poison stacks.

It's perfectly OK to switch out the skeletons for, say, Poison Nova - the skill is there strictly as a poison stacker, not for damage, anyway.

If you can, replace the Convention of Elements with a Unity (with another on your immortal sidekick, of course). Also, try to leave stragglers alive but vursed, so your Dayntee's stays active. 

I've personally played this build and preferred to put the RORG on my hand instead of Unity or CoE, so that I can put Kalan's amulet in the Cube - the 15 stacks of bone armor make a big difference as well, though YMMV. 

Finally, you can replace the Nemesis Bracers with Ancient Parthian Defenders - enemies hit by Bone Armor will count, as will those hit by the Bane of the Trapped gem. 

All of this defense will come at the cost of lower damage, of course, but it'll make the build much easier to play in lower to mid GRs. A lot of the builds here tend to focus on their end-game pushing potential, which means "enough DR to survive a hit in GR120 and everything else in damage or CC". For where most people will play in seasons (Torments and GRs up to about 100) it's often more fun/easier to be slightly more robust and/or fast and less dependant on fishing for good rifts.

Guest derPinator

Hi!

What stats (str, dex, int, vit) should i aim for this build?