FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Blainie

Rathma Mages Necromancer (Patch 2.6.4)

Love the build. I have always loved necromancers. But, it appears that there is little to no survivability with this build. Even in t13 normal rifts, you get 1 shotted by certain abilities (frozen pulse, thunderstorm, etc). This is a viable build for groups that have someone else to take hits for you, but otherwise solo you spend a lot of time dying or losing you skeleton pets due to the passive.

Guest D of demagogue

Gwerdna: I have the same problem, non cursing and non corpse lance builds have no built in damage reduction capabilities.  I'm trying to fine tune the balance of damage vs survivability, I swapped out convention of elements for Unity, gave same to follower w/enchanting favor and survivability increased.  Naturally,  damage output also went down, but as I said, balance.  Also, really spam that devour, and grab those health globes!  I'm only at GR 76 solo for my necro, so I a-m merely sharing my experiences, not trying to advise.

Steuart's greaves really helps in grabbing those health globes and making myself harder to hit.  Had to drop simulacrum for blood rush, and therefore run with slightly less damage from the mages, but dealing more constant damage (from running around devouring, grabbing health globes at high speed, using reapers wraps to quickly fill my resource, command skeleton then dropping a pair of mages) allows me to manage my distance better than herding a group together and then annihilating them all at once when my cooldowns reset.  Keeping my distance usually improves my survivability too.   To be honest, the higher level the difficulty is, the more my survivability comes from killing the enemies as quickly as possible, so I may change my mind, especially since that swap out won't be possible after the season ends...  I'll be so sloooooooow!

Guest Concerned Diabloist

Since wearing the Tasker and Theo this season, which item should be cubed instead ? I wish these, "guide was revised for changes" were done a little less half arsed tbh. I have noticed this oversight on multiple guides for this season 🙄

Guest Less-Concerned
On 2/6/2019 at 4:10 AM, Knutsanity said:

They have it up on the builds... quickly, impressively, easy to follow.  Requiem Cereplate apparently. 

4.3. Kanai's Cube

Thank you. You're right it does actually say  Requiem Cereplate on the introduction page.
My problem was that it was not on the Gear, Gems and Paragon page and i never thought to go back to introduction to check there since i only ever use the gear and the skill pages. On the Gear page it still says Ring of Royal Grandeur which is still something that should be updated imo 🙂

Guest Sorcrow

doors...im thwarted by doors. Is casting a mage the only way to open? if you have no essence and all your skills are on cd   youre stuck there waiting.

Uncommon Patron

Speedfarm build feels weak in 4man T13 normal rifts. I think it should be reworked to Singularity Skele Mage version.

Edited by Kaelos
  • Like 1

Guest Rolling through door
On 2/22/2019 at 3:49 PM, Guest Sorcrow said:

doors...im thwarted by doors. Is casting a mage the only way to open? if you have no essence and all your skills are on cd   youre stuck there waiting.

As my temporary name suggests, roll through any breakables silly person.

On 3/19/2019 at 12:49 PM, Guest Rolling through door said:

As my temporary name suggests, roll through any breakables silly person.

I was going to suggest that too, but I think that makes us console players. Pretty sure the "evade" button is only on console. An extra little gift to make up for some of the more difficult gameplay issues as compared to PC. Like being able to aim with pin point accuracy in PC and such. I could be wrong though, they could've added that into PC and I read old news. Excellent name though. 

On 2/22/2019 at 8:49 PM, Guest Sorcrow said:

Pretty much, yep. Doors are the enemy of most Necro builds.

Guest Rathma’s Gimp
On 1/27/2019 at 12:28 PM, gwerdna said:

Love the build. I have always loved necromancers. But, it appears that there is little to no survivability with this build. Even in t13 normal rifts, you get 1 shotted by certain abilities (frozen pulse, thunderstorm, etc). This is a viable build for groups that have someone else to take hits for you, but otherwise solo you spend a lot of time dying or losing you skeleton pets due to the passive.

Lol if you’re blind maybe 

Uncommon Patron
On 1/27/2019 at 6:28 PM, gwerdna said:

That frustrates me as well. Would be nice in these glass cannon builds to have some tanky alternative variations here.