Blainie

Trag'Oul Mages Necromancer (Patch 2.6.4)

Sign in to follow this  

6 posts in this topic

This thread is for comments and feedback about our Trag'Oul Mages Necromancer build guide.

• Confused 1

Is avarice band relevant for great rift? Health and gold pickup radius increase when picking up gold.

Hey guys. I got my set, and am having a lot of trouble making this build work. I'm frequently caught in a catch-22; I use all my essence on something I can't kill, and I can't generate any more essence without killing something.

I don't have the full set of recommended gear, but I see nothing I'm missing that would account for this. It got really nasty in a bounty, the one where you're in a small area with shrines to cleanse to clear a cursed chest - and me with the recommended Nemesis Bracers. I got stuck using Blood Rush to Devour its one corpse at a time, and... well, dying refills your essence, at least. My other party member had to come in to mop up. I just couldn't finish it.

To be clear, in open areas with lots of small stuff to kill it's super easy to run. It's just when I get isolated with difficult foes that I keep grinding to an awkward halt.

Edited by solitha

On 1/19/2019 at 10:27 AM, Guest Viltis said:

Is avarice band relevant for great rift? Health and gold pickup radius increase when picking up gold.

Avarice Band pairs up with Goldwrap and the Boon of the Hoarder to make a significant defensive combo.

1 hour ago, solitha said:

Avarice Band pairs up with Goldwrap and the Boon of the Hoarder to make a significant defensive combo.

But Boon of the Hoarder does not work in Greater Rifts, and mobs does not drop anything. 
It works wonders in T13 however, you barely need anything at all besides those 2 items and 1 gem to defend yourself. 

14 hours ago, Guest Yolo said:

But Boon of the Hoarder does not work in Greater Rifts, and mobs does not drop anything. 
It works wonders in T13 however, you barely need anything at all besides those 2 items and 1 gem to defend yourself. 

Oh, yeah, that. My bad. The guide's not really clear on that, is it? It does offer an alternative in the Solo Progression Variation though, which ditches that trio.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this